Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#205122 - 06/28/04 06:40 PM Race fan mourns loss
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
Darrell Russell, 35 year old pro-dragster for Joe Amato racing was killed yesterday in Madison, just outside of St. Louis, MO. I am a huge NHRA fan and I'm feeling empty inside today. How silly is it for a grown woman to feel so sad at the loss of a race car driver whom I have never met?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#205123 - 06/28/04 06:46 PM Re: Race fan mourns loss
bam Offline
Gold Star
Kansas City, Mo
One should never feel silly about the loss of someone who we enjoyed following. I am sure at one time all of us have felt sadden by the death of a movie star, sports star, etc.
Just remember that life goes on, and cherish the times that you watch him race the 1/4 mile.

Return to Top
#205124 - 06/28/04 06:46 PM Re: Race fan mourns loss
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
No. It's sad when we hear about people dying - especially young ones. There was a horrible wreck locally over the weekend. A young couple, their 2 year old child and two family pets were killed in a senseless traffic accident and I felt a loss even though I had never met these people.

Return to Top
#205125 - 06/28/04 08:48 PM Re: Race fan mourns loss
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I felt sad when Mr. Rogers died. I grew up watching him. I felt sad a couple of weeks ago when Reagan died. I think we all feel a sense of sadness when someone dies that we relate to in some way.

Return to Top
#205126 - 06/29/04 09:15 PM Re: Race fan mourns loss
carrieb Offline
100 Club
Minneapolis
I can totally relate to what you are saying....I felt the same way when John Ritter died.

Return to Top
#205127 - 06/29/04 09:49 PM Re: Race fan mourns loss
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I think it is sad our media has hardened our hearts so much that we are not sad over every untimely death.

Return to Top
#205128 - 06/29/04 09:55 PM Re: Race fan mourns loss
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
Good point! I hadn't thought of it that way. I guess it just hit me hard because he was doing the one thing that I have always dreamed of doing but will likely never do! It especially hit hard because he is the same age as I am. I guess that means I could die some day too, huh? I have way too much to do to die!

Return to Top