Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2054975 - 12/18/15 04:52 PM The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
I thought we might need a bar to relieve the stress of last minute shopping. If you're all done shopping, come in and sit a while. If not, you can chug a beer and head to the mall, or feel free to log into Amazon with our unsecured wifi network and enter your credit card info.

I'm having a Sierra Nevada Celebration, a hoppy IPA I just discovered, and now can't find it in stores. Apparently everyone likes it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2054983 - 12/18/15 05:04 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
Just got back from running out to get lunch... and I'm FREEZING!! So, something warm... like coffee and Baileys?

Return to Top
#2054994 - 12/18/15 05:48 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I'm done!!!! Took the day off yesterday to finish all my shopping including food! I won't have to step foot inside a store for the next 10 days!

I'll have a big glass of sangria to celebrate!!

Return to Top
#2054998 - 12/18/15 05:56 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
Sherlocked Offline
221B Baker St.
Amazon has been my best friend this year. All done with a few clicks.

Return to Top
#2055004 - 12/18/15 06:15 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar Sherlocked
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By Sherlocked

I love Amazon! The only jerk I have to deal with while shopping is me. laugh

Return to Top
#2055006 - 12/18/15 06:21 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I bought most of my stuff on amazon too and have the past couple years. All I bought in store yesterday are stocking stuffers for the kiddos and a couple last minute small items. I even coordinated big gift for my mom with my siblings. I bought the item and they sent me amazon gift cards instantly. It was awesome!!

Return to Top
#2055010 - 12/18/15 06:25 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
I'm all done except for scrapbooking a few pictures for my mother-in-law, which will be fun and not require me to leave the house. Bring on the wine!

Return to Top
#2055015 - 12/18/15 06:42 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Big change-up in holiday gifting this year and it's thrown me off kilter. At family Christmas at my house, kiddos will each only get one big gift that everyone is contributing towards. Eldest will get a computer she needs for high school next year and youngest is getting a trampoline he's been wanting. Then adults are doing an 'as seen on tv' white elephant gift swap. I've done virtually all of my shopping online this year. What a godsend the interwebs are. laugh

Of course, I've still got the grocery shopping for family dinner to do...and the cooking! So I'm thinking a nice moscato would be perfect while I work on the grocery list. And leave the bottle please!

Return to Top
#2055016 - 12/18/15 06:42 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Nearly done, need one more thing for my mom and brother, something for a friend and her two kids, and something for my hubby. No, I did not wait until now to start shopping for him - plans A and B fell through and plan C is currently on the rocks. Not sure what I'll do for backup at this point.

Return to Top
#2055017 - 12/18/15 06:47 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Got hubs a punch card for the golf range for our anniversary yesterday. He was thrilled. With the anniversary and Christmas only days apart, he'll still have that in his head so I can give shirts or whatever and get by. blush

Return to Top
#2055032 - 12/18/15 07:23 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Plan C accomplished! Now I can just pick up some shirts or whatever and a few stocking stuffers. grin

Return to Top
#2055036 - 12/18/15 07:28 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
started yesterday, got 5 gifts so far. just 30 to go

Return to Top
#2055063 - 12/18/15 09:17 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Not sure what all the fuss is about. I plan to finish up shopping next Thursday and start wrapping Friday morning.

I'll have a Phyrst Phamily Nitro Stout.

Return to Top
#2055067 - 12/18/15 09:24 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar GuitarDude
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Originally Posted By GuitarDude
Originally Posted By Sherlocked

I love Amazon! The only jerk I have to deal with while shopping is me. laugh

Our house looks like Amazon vomited in the living room. It was AWESOME!

Return to Top
#2055085 - 12/18/15 10:33 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
Amazon has been my friend this season too. Mostly done, just need a few more little things. ah.

Return to Top
#2055124 - 12/21/15 02:27 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Shopping finished and gifts wrapped! Mimosa please...

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2055164 - 12/21/15 06:04 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
Sherlocked Offline
221B Baker St.
And I need to add that Amazon shipping has been amazing. Received all my orders 3 - 4 days before the projected delivery date. That's awesome since I ordered everything about 10 days ago and used standard free shipping.

Return to Top
#2055170 - 12/21/15 06:27 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I've had a couple shipping hiccups with Amazon this year but they're self-correcting. I was supposed to receive 2 games by last Saturday. Because Amazon messed up and didn't get them shipped in time, they've overnighted both to me at no charge. They'll be waiting for me when I get home tonight. They really are a model of good business practices!

Return to Top
#2055191 - 12/21/15 07:54 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
Peepers Offline
10K Club
so long as no one stole them from your porch

Return to Top
#2055196 - 12/21/15 08:19 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Luckily that's not much of an issue in the boondocks....YET.

Return to Top
#2055393 - 12/22/15 08:20 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Two more days before us guys need to start shopping.

Return to Top
#2055409 - 12/22/15 09:37 PM Re: The Last Shopping Weekend before Christmas Bar MyBrainHurts
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
<<--Officially in panic mode. The big gift my sister and I were going together on for our mom fell through...and my sister didn't bother to tell me about it until lunch time today. Mom is really, really difficult to buy for, so now I'm scrambling around trying to find something else for her.

Return to Top