Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#209251 - 07/09/04 03:45 PM Audit Procedure Manual
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
I am looking at creating a procedure manual for the audit department and would like some input. If you have a procedure manual for the audit department, what type of areas are included? I know each bank will be different and I know it will be an ongoing process, but I would like to include as much as possible the first go around.

Return to Top
Audit
#209252 - 07/09/04 04:04 PM Re: Audit Procedure Manual
wlavoie Offline
Gold Star
wlavoie
Hell's Canyon
MackenzieS created one in bankers tools here

Return to Top
#209253 - 07/09/04 04:17 PM Re: Audit Procedure Manual
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Thanks Wendy, I should have looked there. I was also thinking of incorporating other tasks we complete in the audit department; such as Confirmations on dormants and risk assessment procedures.

Return to Top
#209254 - 07/09/04 04:40 PM Re: Audit Procedure Manual
wlavoie Offline
Gold Star
wlavoie
Hell's Canyon
Sounds like a big job! Are you cloning yourself?

Return to Top
#209255 - 07/09/04 04:42 PM Re: Audit Procedure Manual
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Well, you know I have all of this spare time!

I guess I am just getting tired of explaining everything time and time again to the examiners and auditors...maybe this way I can just hand the manual over.

Return to Top
#209256 - 07/09/04 05:54 PM Re: Audit Procedure Manual
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
I actually created a procedures manual that addresses my daily, monthly, and annual responsibilities. I did have some time to kill back in February.....

I am a believer that people like to hoard information in their heads because that somehow makes them indispensible...not me. If something happens to me they have all of my procedures and links to my Word/Excel documents. It came in handy while I was on vacation, my assistant referenced the applicable section in my manual that addressed the 314(a) information requests and she was able to prepare and distribute the information without a word from me.

Its funny, as an Auditor I am always writting in my audit findings that others should have written policies and procedures...and yet I didn't have any myself. I thought maybe it was time.

Return to Top
#209257 - 07/09/04 06:08 PM Re: Audit Procedure Manual
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Quote:

Its funny, as an Auditor I am always writting in my audit findings that others should have written policies and procedures...and yet I didn't have any myself. I thought maybe it was time.

This is one of the main reasons I want to make sure to get this done. Also, the examiners will be here during the time I am due so if something happens early I want to have all of the information available.

Return to Top
#209258 - 07/09/04 08:28 PM Re: Audit Procedure Manual
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

Quote:

This is one of the main reasons I want to make sure to get this done. Also, the examiners will be here during the time I am due so if something happens early I want to have all of the information available.

This is always a good idea if you are going to be out of the bank for an extended amount of time. I know if I were the one left behind to do someone else's job, I would greatly appreciate having more than notes jotted down on a legal pad.

Not only that, what if you have that wonderful bundle of joy and decide that you don't want to come back?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z