Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2092655 - 08/11/16 02:24 PM HELOC Application Disclosure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can we send a corrected application disclosure with a lower rate post-application for applications received at a branch, then forwards the application to our loan operations for processing. Customer does currently receive an application disclosure at the time the application is submitted.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2093111 - 08/14/16 04:47 PM Re: HELOC Application Disclosure Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why? Unless you are charging fees up front, what difference does it make?

#2093417 - 08/16/16 02:20 PM Re: HELOC Application Disclosure Anonymous
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
While it makes no difference from a disclosure perspective; I see nothing wrong with notifying the applicant that you plan to offer them a lower rate.

If the reason for the lower rate was because the branch is using the wrong disclosures, this needs to be addressed. If you are offering some a lower rate and not others without benefit of underwriting, then you may have to defend a Fair Lending issue.

#2093547 - 08/16/16 06:18 PM Re: HELOC Application Disclosure Anonymous
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
applications received at a branch, then forwards the application to our loan operations for processing. Customer does currently receive an application disclosure at the time the application is submitted.

The way this is written leads me to believe your procedures are not compliant with providing the disclosures. The regulation requires you to provide the disclosure at the time you provide the application to the consumer, not when they submit an application. 1026.40(b).

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale