Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2174272 - 04/19/18 04:14 PM Beneficial Owne - Sign, Credit Checks, CD Renewals
Oscar Offline
Hello,

We just attended a training lately and I am wondering about a few things that they told us.

1. Do we have to capture beneficial ownership on a business that has a CD that automatically renews? We were told we did in the training.

2. We were told that we had to do credit checks on beneficial owners?

3. We were told that we do not have to have new signage to replace our current CIP signage? We received something in the mail stating mandatory new signage, but it might be a company using the word "mandatory" to sell their product.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2174293 - 04/19/18 05:20 PM Re: Beneficial Owne - Sign, Credit Checks, CD Renewals Oscar
Oscar Offline
Nevermind on the CD Renewals. I just read a previous thread.

Return to Top
#2174324 - 04/19/18 06:17 PM Re: Beneficial Owne - Sign, Credit Checks, CD Renewals Oscar
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
#3 - you do NOT have to have new signs. CIP is mandated by the USA PATRIOT Act and the wording is specific to that. This is not the same as the CDD changes and there is no mandatory disclosure or language for it.

Return to Top
#2174339 - 04/19/18 06:44 PM Re: Beneficial Owne - Sign, Credit Checks, CD Renewals Oscar
ComplianceNewbie Offline
New Poster
Answer to #2: You must obtain consent in order to pull credit on a beneficial owner. You would not be in compliance with FCRA unless you obtain authorization for the credit pull.

See this thread for a discussion on non-documentary methods of verification; https://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbt...c-verification.

Return to Top
#2174365 - 04/19/18 08:05 PM Re: Beneficial Owne - Sign, Credit Checks, CD Renewals Oscar
Oscar Offline
Thank you both!

Return to Top
#2174380 - 04/19/18 09:54 PM Re: Beneficial Owne - Sign, Credit Checks, CD Renewals Oscar
TryingtoComply Offline
Diamond Poster
The West
Regarding Q1, this was covered in FinCEN's recently issued FAQs. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend that you do. smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z