Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2226257 - 11/25/19 03:26 PM Cancelled trip
vicki61956 Offline
New Poster
I need input from others because we have an internal disagreement over how a situation should be handled. The customer purchased a non-refundable international trip with his credit card. Within a month after purchasing it, he received notice that the travel agency he purchased it from had been shut down by the government and that he would not receive the trip. He was told that he would not receive a refund from the travel agency because that it was non-refundable and he had not purchased the trip cancellation insurance. The customer wrote to us well within 60 days of the statement on which the charge appeared asking for credit for services not received, and provided all the documentation showing what had occurred. He had not paid anything on it before we received his dispute. I feel like this would qualify under both Reg Z 1026.12 and 1026.13 and that we need to issue the credit, but our disputes department disagrees. Thoughts?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2226432 - 11/27/19 05:07 PM Reg. Z 1026.12/1026.13 question vicki61956
vicki61956 Offline
New Poster
I had posted this a couple days ago with the title of "Cancelled Trip", but haven't received any responses, so I thought maybe I should change the title to see if that helps. I would really appreciate some help with this. Thank you.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z