Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2231187 - 02/18/20 06:22 PM Consumer Complaints
OliviaG2014 Offline
New Poster
The previous bank I worked for made it a practice to report all complaints to the board regardless if it was a consumer or business customer. I believe partially because the rules seem a little vague and also because they wanted all complaints to be re-mediated and notifying the board was the way to make that happen. The bank I work for now has a policy of doing the minimum until told otherwise. So my questions are:

1. How often do I have to report complaints to the board, what is mandatory
2. Can we leave out any complaint that is not consumer related, basically anything to do with a business account?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2231195 - 02/18/20 06:50 PM Re: Consumer Complaints OliviaG2014
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
1. There's nothing regulatory on frequency of board reporting. This should be a parameter set by the board in policy. There might also be a requirement to bring certain types of (serious) complaints to the board's (or management's) attention at the earliest opportunity notwithstanding the normal policy schedule for reporting.

2. Regulators will be more focused on complaints from consumers, but complaints from businesses are no less important to your bank's reputation and smooth sailing. I see a place for complaints of a "business nature" in your reporting scheme.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2231201 - 02/18/20 07:25 PM Re: Consumer Complaints OliviaG2014
OliviaG2014 Offline
New Poster
That is pretty much what I thought, just needed confirmation. Thank you John!

Return to Top