Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2288595 - 09/12/23 04:37 PM Agricultural Loans - Purpose Categories
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I am interested in opinions on this. So, the regulation prescribes the below purpose categories. There are no purposes specifically designated for agricultural lending. We're trying to avoid using "other" if the purpose fits in a more specific category. So we were thinking of using "purchase inventory" for, for example, cattle purchases. Naturally, ag lenders are insulted by this, as they think their loans are so completely separate from other business-purpose loans. And I think the UCC excludes livestock as being considered inventory. Further, we're considering using the same category (which also covers working capital) for ag production and crop loans. Any thoughts?

i. Purchase, construction/improvement, or refinance of non-owner-occupied real property.
ii. Purchase, construction/improvement, or refinance of owner-occupied real property.
iii. Purchase, refinance, or rehabilitation/repair of motor vehicle(s) (including light and heavy trucks).
iv. Purchase, refinance, or rehabilitation/repair of equipment.
v. Working capital (includes inventory or floor planning).
vi. Business start-up.
vii. Business expansion
viii. Business acquisition.
ix. Refinance existing debt (other than refinancings listed above).
x. Line increase.
xi. Overdraft.
xii. Other.

Return to Top
#2288614 - 09/12/23 07:37 PM Re: Agricultural Loans - Purpose Categories swiggles
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
Did you ask the Bureau lawyers? The CFPB has a link for questions about the Rule that I have found to be very responsive.

Pose your question to: Section 1071 Questions

Return to Top