Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2289480 - 10/05/23 02:19 PM Amend a SAR?
Community Banker Offline
100 Club
I have multiple BSA agents in my department. I've just determined that we have filed 2 SARs on the same person, and some of the activity overlaps. Two different agents filed reports. Report 2 should have never been filed, the only transaction in this report is included in activity reported in Report 1. These reports were filed in May. I know I can't rescind a report. This is the only way I can think of to correct the situation: File yet another additional report, mark as amended, and include the control numbers for both Report 1 (even though that one was correct) and Report 2? Is that all I need to do? Any notification to regulators, etc? Or have I missed the mark? Thanks!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2289514 - 10/06/23 12:25 PM Re: Amend a SAR? Community Banker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would probably not compound the problem by filing another SAR, unless continued activity requires you to. If you are required to file another SAR, you might reference the previous SARs in the narrative.

Return to Top
#2289516 - 10/06/23 12:41 PM Re: Amend a SAR? Community Banker
Community Banker Offline
100 Club
Thank you. That was really my first thought - seemed most logical to just leave it alone. But things aren't always as logical as they could be in BSA world. smile

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z