Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#238044 - 09/01/04 06:20 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone had the electronic laser tattoo done with the bright line and heat? They can do names and things in cursive real quick, but I was wondering how bad it hurts. Also I was told that you need a viral hepatit shot and follow up hepatitis A shots twice after. Has anyone done this procedure?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#238045 - 09/01/04 06:40 PM Re: Any tattooed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Also I was told that you need a viral hepatitis shot and follow up hepatitis A shots twice after.

Yes, and I'd like to follow that with a rusty nail piercing please along with the complimentary tetanus shot. Oh, don't worry, my HMO covers all but the co-pay.

Return to Top
#238046 - 09/01/04 07:18 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I have one. Have had it about 8 years. Black cat silhouetted against a full moon, on the inside of my ankle. I didn't think it was too bad, pain-wise. Childbirth was definitely worse, lol. Although that may depend on where you get it - I know people that have gotten them on the top of their foot, and apparently that is EXTREMELY painful.

Return to Top
#238047 - 09/01/04 07:41 PM Re: Any tattooed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Paragon Offline
Diamond Poster
Paragon
I'll bet that more than 50% of the GOP protesters have tattoos.

Tattooing was rediscovered by Europeans when exploration brought them into contact with Polynesians and American Indians. The word tattoo comes from the Tahitian word tattau, which means "to mark," and was first mentioned in explorer James Cook’s records from his 1769 expedition to the South Pacific. Because tattoos were considered so exotic in European and U.S. societies, tattooed Indians and Polynesians drew crowds at circuses and fairs during the 18th and 19th centuries.

So could it be: Too many freaks, not enough circuses?

Return to Top
#238048 - 09/01/04 07:43 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I know people that have gotten them on the top of their foot, and apparently that is EXTREMELY painful.

Not as bad as one may think (I have one), but at some points during the process I did clench my teeth awfully hard.

Return to Top
#238049 - 09/01/04 07:54 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I have 2, have had both for 11 years. (18 was a good year!) I have a heart and a rose on my belly and a rabbit on my chest. I didn't want either of them to show wearing dress clothes. Has never been an issue except when buying my wedding dress! Most are lower cut than most dress clothes!!

Return to Top
#238050 - 09/01/04 07:55 PM Re: Any tattooed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I'll bet that more than 50% of the GOP protesters have tattoos.

Tattooing was rediscovered by Europeans when exploration brought them into contact with Polynesians and American Indians. The word tattoo comes from the Tahitian word tattau, which means "to mark," and was first mentioned in explorer James Cook’s records from his 1769 expedition to the South Pacific. Because tattoos were considered so exotic in European and U.S. societies, tattooed Indians and Polynesians drew crowds at circuses and fairs during the 18th and 19th centuries.

So could it be: Too many freaks, not enough circuses?

THANKS CLIFF!

Return to Top
#238051 - 09/01/04 07:56 PM Re: Any tattooed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Good one Nikko! LMAO! Although I believe he forgot the words :It's a little known fact......."

Return to Top
#238052 - 09/01/04 08:19 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
And heaven forbid we allow our children to dance those heathen dances like the waltz, jitter bug, fox trot, or the twist.

Yes, the waltz was looked upon as racy in its day.

PS. I have seen some tattoos that are vulger (the Tazmainian Devil giving the finger) and absolute works of art (an extremely detailed condor). It is all in our own expression, and we have that right of free speech.

Return to Top
#238053 - 09/01/04 08:51 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
I have always wanted to get a tattoo, but my logic behind not having one is this--There isn't anything that I am so fond of at this point in my life that I can imagine I will still be fond of years down the road. I don't want to have any regrets because a tattoo is permanent. Although, I recently saw a tattoo of a Jesus fish that was very simple. I'm considering a design similar to the one I saw and I think I'd put it on my lower back because I don't want to look at it if I don't have to. I'm also considering permanent cosmetics. Can you tell I've given this a lot of thought?!?!

Return to Top
#238054 - 09/01/04 08:55 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Busy Bee, that's why I chose to get mine on my lower back. Not visible to the general public eye yet if I want to look at, I just look in a mirror. I'll warn you early, this is one of the toughest spots to get it as there normally isn't much between the needle and your spine so it was WICKED PAINFUL but the pain was quick and then the scabbing was about a weeks worth of pain but it's been 3 weeks and it's all better now and I love my "too".

Return to Top
#238055 - 09/01/04 08:58 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
I read about a woman who had her scalp tattooed when she was young and crazy. She kept her head shaved. She figured that if when she grew older she decided that she didn't want it, hair could cover it. I wonder whatever happened to her.

Return to Top
#238056 - 09/01/04 09:00 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I read about a woman who had her scalp tattooed when she was young and crazy. She kept her head shaved. She figured that if when she grew older she decided that she didn't want it, hair could cover it. I wonder whatever happened to her.

Her hair thined and she went bald and it looks terrible !

Return to Top
#238057 - 09/01/04 09:03 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I have always wanted to get a tattoo, but my logic behind not having one is this--There isn't anything that I am so fond of at this point in my life that I can imagine I will still be fond of years down the road. I don't want to have any regrets because a tattoo is permanent. Although, I recently saw a tattoo of a Jesus fish that was very simple. I'm considering a design similar to the one I saw and I think I'd put it on my lower back because I don't want to look at it if I don't have to. I'm also considering permanent cosmetics. Can you tell I've given this a lot of thought?!?!

I've thought of having a tattoo of my children's faces. However, we are planning on having another so I think I will wait a bit.

Return to Top
#238058 - 09/01/04 09:27 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't want to have any regrets because a tattoo is permanent.

With today's technology, black ink tattoos can be semi-removed or at least the image scrambled with tryglycerine and a diluted re-agent of sulfuric acid called polymide, which is applied to a tattoo in the same manner as the tattoo was created. It's much harder for color tattoos.

It's very painful so you have to be put under. It's a medical procedure, not done at a tattoo parlor, but it will at least change the appearance of the tattoo and in some cases after the new layer of skin grows back it might actually not show. It can leave a dark blotch.

Return to Top
#238059 - 09/01/04 09:42 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

I've thought of having a tattoo of my children's faces. However, we are planning on having another so I think I will wait a bit.

My sister did that. She has a tattoo of an angel, and the angel's face is my nephew's. She just brought in a picture of him, and the tattoo artist (yes, he is definitely an artist!) just drew it up. It looks just like the picture, it's amazing!

Return to Top
#238060 - 09/01/04 10:27 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Gigi2Three Offline
Gold Star
Gigi2Three
Quote:

Quote:

My sister did that. She has a tattoo of an angel, and the angel's face is my nephew's. She just brought in a picture of him, and the tattoo artist (yes, he is definitely an artist!) just drew it up. It looks just like the picture, it's amazing!

I want to see that!

Return to Top
#238061 - 09/01/04 11:50 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
Quote:

My mom wants one too, but hasn't gotten one for the same reason. If you don't think you'll love it forever, don't do it. All 3 of mine a feminine, but have no real significance, they are just pretty.

Return to Top
#238062 - 09/02/04 01:58 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Oh, that's something else I've done - my eyeliner is permanently tattooed. It is SUCH a timesaver. I would do it again in a second. However, that is indeed painful, and you have to have at least 2 sessions to get it done sufficiently.

Return to Top
#238063 - 09/02/04 02:05 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
EGB, there was something on the local news about that. There was a woman who got hepatitis from having permanent make up applied. They were saying to thoroughly investigate/review the place where you want to have it done to verify everything is properly santizied.

Return to Top
#238064 - 09/02/04 03:14 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
This ought to make a few of you laugh and poke fun at me. A few weeks prior to getting my "too", I decided to start donating blood to the red cross regularly as it's something I've wanted to do for awhile. Matter of fact, donated about 2 weeks before vacation. It wasn't until afterwards that I remembered that one of the questions they ask is if you've received a tattoo recently. I checked the red cross site and it states you have to wait at least 12 months after getting one to donate. So much for trying to do a good deed.

Return to Top
#238065 - 09/02/04 03:15 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Well, I would think you would do that anyways, esp with eyeliner - you don't want someone messing around your eyes that you don't trust. Heck, I think you should be careful when you get ANYTHING done to your body - there are periodic horror stories about pedicure places as well. I guess it all comes down to Caveat Emptor.

Return to Top
#238066 - 09/02/04 04:06 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I got a rose because I love flowers and can't imagine ever not loving flowers. Even in my old age!

I was going to get one of my cat, Kittens, but I am glad I didn't, because he died, and my two other cats don't look anything like him.

My friend wanted to get a blue and white dolphin on her tummy, but she could not hold still, so she just has the outline. She said her tummy kept "spasming", twitching because it both hurt and tickled at the same time.

Return to Top
#238067 - 09/02/04 04:11 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Quote:

IMy friend wanted to get a blue and white dolphin on her tummy, but she could not hold still, so she just has the outline. She said her tummy kept "spasming", twitching because it both hurt and tickled at the same time.

LOL Kinda like Phoebe on Friends w/ her little blue dot of "the Earth....really, really far away."

Return to Top
#238068 - 09/02/04 05:14 PM Re: Any tattoed bankers out there? NOT POLITICAL!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

IMy friend wanted to get a blue and white dolphin on her tummy, but she could not hold still, so she just has the outline. She said her tummy kept "spasming", twitching because it both hurt and tickled at the same time.

LOL Kinda like Phoebe on Friends w/ her little blue dot of "the Earth....really, really far away."

LOL I LOVED that episode! Anyone else waiting anxiously for "Joey"?

Return to Top
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6