Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14
Thread Options
#279792 - 03/02/05 07:26 PM Re: Amazing Race
dalejrfanatic Offline
Gold Star
WI
Yes last night was pretty good. I can't believe how long it took Rob and Amber to figure out how to open the trunk of the car. The Boyfriends are pretty funny to watch. I am upset that the Southern guys are gone. They could have been very entertaining.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#279793 - 03/02/05 10:50 PM Re: Amazing Race
EdOils Offline
Platinum Poster
EdOils
Louisiana
Quote:

Maybe people that talk slow, have southern accents, and like Nascar aren't stupid after all (sarcasm alert).

Hey! I resemble that remark (except for the NASCAR thing).

I liked my fellow southern boys. They would have made the race fun. Oh well, we still have the POW/Beauty Queen representin' the South.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and it looks like a great season. I agree with Random's list. (Great minds think alike. )

Return to Top
#279794 - 03/03/05 02:05 AM Re: Amazing Race
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

I can't believe how long it took Rob and Amber to figure out how to open the trunk of the car.

I thought uh-oh, Rob and Amber, you guys won't get far if you start out this way! (Wasn't it a BMW that they couldn't open the trunk to?) That was funny.

It was okay watching them I guess, but Rob did seem to have that air of "entitlement."

Return to Top
#279795 - 03/03/05 02:09 PM Re: Amazing Race
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Was it entitlement, or was he just the person most comfortable in front of the camera? I thought he was just a little more relaxed than everyone else. And a little more confident.

Return to Top
#279796 - 03/03/05 02:38 PM Re: Amazing Race
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
Something about the POW guy rubbed me the wrong way. He was talking to the big guy who reminds me of Johnathon from the last race about how he was a POW. He then says that he doesn't want everyone to know but if he wins the money he's donating it to people that were hurt in Iraq.
That's a great and noble cause. I'm just thinking, if you didn't want anyone to know, why would you say anything?
Maybe it was done in confidence and the camera got it. Editing thought that it makes for a great story and pulls people to his side...which it does.
I don't know. I'm weird.

Return to Top
#279797 - 03/03/05 08:53 PM Re: Amazing Race
M&M Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Interestingly enough, I hated Rob and Amber on Survivor, but I love them on the Race!! Rob is much calmer now, and he is entertaining! Maybe it's because the pressure is off for them to win money, since they're already loaded! And I agree with Zamboni Driver, he's very comfortable in front of the camera, and should be after all the time he's been in the spotlight.

The Mom and son are from my area- it's good to see someone finally on another show after Rodger Bingham was on Survivor.

Return to Top
#279798 - 03/09/05 05:54 PM Re: Amazing Race
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Aw, man, my Emergency Backup Cute Chick team got eliminated in another photo finish! And somehow the Dude Brothers survived. But can they go on without their new-found (and just Philiminated) crush girls to support them?

I liked the editing during the marketing scene where one team was screeching to locate LocalProduceGuy and all of the loitering dogs, cats, birds, stoats, and marmosets looked startled and annoyed.

The shoe-shining scenes were pretty kewl, too.

I am rooting for Debbie and Bianca, 'cuz they are way cute and because a lot of people with twelve-year-old minds think that their onscreen tag of "lifelong friends" is a euphemism. Hooray, forbidden love!

Also, the gay team is suitably snarky, and the mother/son team seems to be doing pretty well. The Token Old Person team has done about as expected. Typically, yer TOP Team always clears the first two legs and then starts bombing and gets nuked within the next couple of episodes.

Return to Top
#279799 - 03/09/05 06:13 PM Re: Amazing Race
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

And somehow the Dude Brothers survived. But can they go on without their new-found (and just Philiminated) crush girls to support them?

The answer to that is yes........

Return to Top
#279800 - 03/09/05 08:02 PM Re: Amazing Race
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I am surprised that I don't hate Rob and Amber as much as I did on survivor either. I guess we all have to remember that the way they act on Survivor isn't how they are in real life. They are edited to be what the directors want them to be. On the Amazing Race they are more about their real personalities.

Return to Top
#279801 - 03/16/05 03:16 PM Re: Amazing Race
M&M Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
So what did you think about last night? Rob is quite the sneaky one, isn't he? He orchestrated that last roadblock very well to keep them guaranteed in the game- I was completely amazed!!

Return to Top
#279802 - 03/16/05 03:29 PM Re: Amazing Race
Lissa P. Offline
Gold Star
Texas, USA
Like him or not, you have to admit that he's always thinking!

Return to Top
#279803 - 03/16/05 03:30 PM Re: Amazing Race
Are we there yet? Offline
Trying to find Nemo
Good for Rob for taking advantage of the penalty and figuring out how to use it to his advantage. He really is bringing a new dimension to the game. Many wouldn't agree that it is a good one, but even Phil was impressed how he manipulated/managed the whole thing.

I haven't decided on one team to root for or root against yet, but Rob for one makes the race a little interesting.

Return to Top
#279804 - 03/16/05 03:55 PM Re: Amazing Race
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I really liked that little twist. He (Rob) is a very impressive person, and obviously in person he is very agreeable also or it would not have worked. He must have qualities that don't really come over very well on the television. I find myself rooting for them....

Return to Top
#279805 - 03/16/05 04:14 PM Re: Amazing Race
M&M Offline
Platinum Poster
Midwest
Me too! I wanted Rob and Amber to stay ahead of the rest of them last night. Funny how he has that manipulative power, even over us!

Return to Top
#279806 - 03/16/05 04:24 PM Re: Amazing Race
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Don't get too attached.

Return to Top
#279807 - 03/16/05 04:33 PM Re: Amazing Race
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
AAAWWWW! How long do they have?

Return to Top
#279808 - 03/16/05 04:34 PM Re: Amazing Race
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Longer than I would like (but then again I dislike them intensely.)

Return to Top
#279809 - 03/16/05 04:40 PM Re: Amazing Race
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
I find it funny that in the first episode, a few of the couples discussed how "dumb" Rob was, based on how he appeared in Survivor. He's proving that he is a pretty intelligent guy.

I don't want to like them, but find myself rooting for them, just because it makes the race interesting.

For the win, my money's on the brothers.

ZD

Return to Top
#279810 - 03/16/05 04:51 PM Re: Amazing Race
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
You're brighter than you look.

Return to Top
#279811 - 03/16/05 05:07 PM Re: Amazing Race
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please stop ruining this show for us. No one is impressed that you know who is going to win already.

Return to Top
#279812 - 03/16/05 05:14 PM Re: Amazing Race
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion

Oh I don't know, I am pretty impressed!!

Return to Top
#279813 - 03/16/05 05:38 PM Re: Amazing Race Spoilers
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Please stop ruining this show for us. No one is impressed that you know who is going to win already.

This is a spoiler thread. Some people enjoy it, if you don't, don't read it.

Return to Top
#279814 - 03/16/05 05:45 PM Re: Amazing Race Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

This anon looks forward to EGB's posts. don't listen to the nasty anon. Go away nasty!

Return to Top
#279815 - 03/16/05 05:48 PM Re: Amazing Race Spoilers
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Not a whole lot of suspense in this leg. It was pretty obvious that the cute chicks were hosed after they blew at least four hours in total driving the wrong way, confusing the ocean with the Andes, a common enough mistake I'm sure.

Interesting Detour. In general, the smart option is to take the choice where you control your fate (riding the bike) rather than being at the whim of other people or nature (floating on the raft), but in this particular case, rafting was the superior choice. If nothing else, you didn't really have to exert yourself (you could just sit back and let the professional paddlers do the work, although in practice everyone pitched in).

And a classic scene at the Road Block. I think Shouty Gym Rat and On/Off GF and Older Guy/Older Gal probably should not have gone along with the great Rob scheme. If everyone went ahead and finished the RB, then he and Amber might've been hosed, since they'd been locked into the four-hour clock. Surely the other two teams could've choked down their meal and gotten underway well before then. Ultimately, though, I think the two trailing teams were so dreadfully far behind that Rob and Amber still wouldn't have been in jeopardy.

Return to Top
#279816 - 03/16/05 05:53 PM Re: Amazing Race Spoilers
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Not a whole lot of suspense in this leg. It was pretty obvious that the cute chicks were hosed after they blew at least four hours in total driving the wrong way, confusing the ocean with the Andes, a common enough mistake I'm sure.

These two just perpetuated the myth that blondes have more fun but are really dingy for the next 100 years or so!

Return to Top
Page 7 of 14 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 13 14