BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
Thread Options
#297856 - 08/24/05 02:55 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-24-05
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
My neighbor is out of the hospital and seems to be doing better. Picked up her dog from the county facility and is back to work. Please keep her in your prayers, this is not a condition that "goes away", it can only be managed with medicine and therapy.

Return to Top
#297857 - 08/24/05 06:05 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Nanwa, my heart & prayers go out to all of you!

Return to Top
#297858 - 08/25/05 12:30 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi, all, hope this is the right thread for this. My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks.

Return to Top
#297859 - 08/25/05 10:29 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
*pixiesprite* I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad. You are all added to my prayers.

Return to Top
#297860 - 08/26/05 03:59 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-19-05
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Dad's surgery did not go well yesterday. While putting a rod and two screws in his leg, he had a pulmonary embolism. They revived him, but he is in intensive care for the next few days, since he is still at risk of having another. And Ma refuses to eat. She says she feels like she is going to throw up, so I don't know if that is from the cancer or from her worrying about Dad. My husband feels like he has been hit between the eyes one to many times. He and his sister haven't been together this long since they were kids, and tempers are beginning to flare. She insisted that Ma should see Dad after his surgery. My husband disagreed. Well, Dad was not awake, looked like he was dead, all tethered up with IVs and monitors, and Ma broke down. I don't understand SIL's reasoning for subjecting her mother to that, considering her already frail state. From what I could gather on the phone, my husband finally lost control and basically took her head off. It sounded like my brother in law, God bless him, had them retire to neutral corners until they could cool down.

Return to Top
#297861 - 08/26/05 04:58 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-26-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."
Matthew 18:18-20

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 8-10-05 Lynne is still continuing to get well, but we are in need of your continued prayers. Lynne is scheduled for a follow-up surgery on September 1st . They are expecting she will be in the hospital for 5 - 7 days after the surgery. Please pray that the surgery will be successful and that the surgery and hospital stay don't set her back to far in her recovery process. I thank you in advance because I know so many of you will be lifting her up in the coming days as you have so much in the past. It has made all the difference

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05. 8-5-05 Hemoglobin is 8.7 (down almost a gram since last draw, but not as steep a drop as before)- platelets and white count are better.
Now the problem is a GGT level that is up in the range where they think she needs a biopsy. This could mean rejection. GGT is 277 (normal is around 50, her's is up from 70). Could also be a recurrence of the biliary problem, let's hope she doesn't need another PTC tube.

In order to be safe- we'll do an ultrasound at 2 pm Monday, then admit her, give her a transfusion, and biopsy her on Tuesday am. We would have results of the biopsy by that afternoon, per the hospital.

8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma began treatment1-18-05. 6-23-05 update - The right lung showed PET positive and the left lung was PET tive.........However, my oncologist still thinks these are due to spores. He has scheduled another CAT Scan for July 22nd....We will probably continue CTs once a month for awhile....If there is any activity, we will be on top of it......I will begin radiation next week and maintenance Chemo in early November. Thanks for the prayers.

1-5-05 Little Sister's niece - cancer returned

1-5-05 Fraud pup's friend's son, Zakery - almost drowned, still recovering

1-5-05 obx nut's Mom - stroke, unable to walk, in nursing home

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-7-05 Bear Collector's Dad - Hospitalized with Heart Attack

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child. 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Please continue to pray, I don't know where to turn to now.

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 6/13/05 UPDATE: My friend's husband's cancer is very aggressive and spreading. He had surgery last week to remove part of his stomach, colon, pancreas and the 3rd vertabrae in his spine. He got through the surgery but it is still too early to know the outcome. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. 6-9-05 update - My friend Sondra received her first set of results back. They are not good. It appears we're turning the corner towards a darker side of the disease. Without a donor, she has just a few years to live at most. 7-7-05 update This week, because the results were so very very bad, they brought her down for more testing. She just found out that the results that frightened us all were an absolute fluke. The doctor is shocked and ran these tests more than once because they were so much better. While she is still battling luekemia and will until a transplant is found, she's not looking at a short six to nine months anymore. They are fully confident that these results are very accurate, and basically put her back at her earlier level, which means a few years to fight or find that transplant. We're very relieved, and I'm sure the prayer and support that has gone out on her behalf has helped in what looked to be a hopeless situation. Thank you all!!!!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

4-7-05 Skittles' uncle - I'd like to add my uncle to the list. He has liver cancer and it's apparently in the final stages. He's 85 years old and the family is going to visit him to basically say good bye. He only found out he had this about a week ago (long story), and it's been extremely sad. He and my aunt have been married for almost 64 years (May 24th) and they may not make it to 65.

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. 8-20-05 update - We came home last Friday afternoon. Keeping Jonathan down is going to be hard. Since the day we came home, he wants to run and jump and play. The doctors said he can do what he feels up to but no rough housing, no wrestling, no jumping off of furniture, no swing sets, no swimming pool, no riding bikes and no falling on his chest. I am thankful that he is recovering so well and wants to run and jump

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

6-20-05 CEW - Please add my Aunt Marilyn to the prayer list. She fell while out for her morning walk yesterday morning. Unsure if she suffered a stroke, but has not yet gained consciousness. Had bleeding in the brain and a hole was drilled in her skull to relieve the pressure. We are waiting to hear from my cousin this morning to find out if she has suffered any brain damage and what the prognosis is. Thank you.

6-20-05 violetRose's friend - Could you all please pray for my friend Summer, she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. Please also pray for her husband Cal, who is her rock at this time. They are in the process of deciding treatment. 6-22-05 update - Further tests revealed bad news. Cancer was found in her Kidneys, Liver and possibly her bones. Surgery will be scheduled for July followed by kemo. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

7-15-05 ABrown's Mother-in-law - I would like to request prayers for my Mother-in-law. She has beaten lung cancer twice and we have been told now that she may either have pneumonia (treatable) OR a wide spread cancer that they can do nothing for.

7-22-05 Cat Woman's Mom - She is going thru a really stressful time at work. She had found out she has MS a couple of years ago, and I'm very afraid that the stress she is under will cause an attack.

8-3-05 Beagle Queen and Mom- I could use some prayers. The doctor has found a large tumor in my mother's bladder. 8-12-05 update Happy news, my mom is out of surgery and they feel that they got it all. The tumor will go for tests, but it looks like cancer. Happy news is they don't think it has spread outside of the bladder. She is up and talking and will go home soon if everything goes well. YYIIPPEEEE

08-03-05 Our bank received word that a former accounting officer who resigned a few weeks ago has liver failure. She is in her early fifties, has a 2 year old grandson and another grandbaby to be born in Dec.- - - but, our Ruthie has been placed in hospice care and doctors have given only 1 month left. Her husband, also early fifties, passed away about 3 months ago. Your prayers for her family would be appreciated. wacokid

Nanwa's family - Please include my mother-in-law and my husband and our family on the prayer list. 8-24-05 update - Ma had the colon cancer surgery two weeks ago. She is starting to do better. 8-26-05 update - Dad's surgery did not go well yesterday. While putting a rod and two screws in his leg, he had a pulmonary embolism. They revived him, but he is in intensive care for the next few days, since he is still at risk of having another. And Ma refuses to eat. She says she feels like she is going to throw up, so I don't know if that is from the cancer or from her worrying about Dad.

8-8-05 Dawnie's MIL - If you'd add Jesse Sr's mother to the list I'd appreciate it. She's had a very bad year and we thought things were getting better but her blood pressure is dangerously low (80/45). She's lived a good life, and we don't wish her to suffer, but she also wants to live long enough to see the baby, so if ya'll could pray for her stregnth for a few more months I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

8-11-05 CSB's Grandson Bryce - Our first grandson was born on June 1, was diagnosed with hydrocephalus and underwent his first surgery when he was six weeks old. 8-24-05 update - Our grandson got out of the hospital last Thursday, following an infection he received after his third surgery. We saw him, held him and he is doing so much better. Please continue to keep him in your prayers as any infection can be very dangerous to his life. Thank you so much for the prayers.

8-19-05 AngelinaLM's Mom - Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She'll have an operation September 15th as this is her second bout with it. Please keep AngelinaLM, her mother and their entire family in your prayers.

8-20-05 Truffle Royale's son - My son walked away from a car accident yesterday that should have killed him. He's fine physically, but really down on himself mentally because of the financial hardship this will cause his family. Construction workers don't get sick time and he's not to work for at least a week. If, after praying that God helps all those that need physical healing you have a prayer left, could you say it for my son so he understands why God has given him this experience and what he should learn from it.

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks.

Communal Requests:
All those grieving over the loss of a loved one.
All of those suffering from a chronic illness.
All of our military troops wherever they are serving our country.
All those who live with violence and poverty, without hope.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297862 - 08/26/05 08:40 PM Re: Prayer List updated 08-26-05
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Please pray for my husband Larry. His uncle died this morning, and they have always been very close. When Larry was a kid, his uncle lived with them, and then when he went to college, he lived with Uncle and Aunt. There was only 10 years difference in their ages, and he feels like he lost a brother. My mother in law is also devastated. She was 12 years older than her "baby" brother, and says she feels like a "Lonely Only" (no other siblings) again. Please pray for them all.

Return to Top
#297863 - 08/28/05 08:41 PM Re: Prayer List
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please pray for my twin sister who as bone and lung cancer. Pray for the doctors to do the best they can to rid her of the cancer cells and pray for her strenght and determination to fight.

Return to Top
#297864 - 08/29/05 02:44 PM Re: Prayer List
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers, but my father in law died yesterday. He had a weak heart, and the surgery on his broken leg just made it weaker. His liver and kidneys shut down Saturday.

He will be cremated today and a memorial service will be scheduled for this weekend.

We find solace in the fact that he suffered less than a week, never had to go into a nursing home, and was nearly 82 years old.

He was surrounded by family when he passed gently. Ma's alzheimers has proven to be a blessing in disguise; she was aware of his death when she saw it, and she cried, but when she went back to the rehab center, it was already fading from her memory. She will probably get thru this easier than the rest of us.

A special thanx to everyone who called, offered help, and especially my friend Bob who fixed my lawnmower and then proceeded to mow my lawn, a two hour job! Just to free me up to make phone calls. Friends like that are a blessing.

Return to Top
#297865 - 08/29/05 02:48 PM Re: Prayer List
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Nanwa, please know you're all still in my thoughts & prayers.

Return to Top
#297866 - 08/29/05 03:34 PM Re: Prayer List
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Thank you!

Return to Top
#297867 - 08/29/05 08:15 PM Re: Prayer List
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Nanwa, I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Mine died 4 months ago and I still think of him often. Can you feel the warm thoughts coming your way???

Return to Top
#297868 - 08/29/05 08:22 PM Re: Prayer List
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

We find solace in the fact that he suffered less than a week, never had to go into a nursing home, and was nearly 82 years old.

Those are no small blessings, from experience I'd say they will comfort you more as time goes on. Even so, I do feel for your loss.

Return to Top
#297869 - 08/29/05 09:09 PM Re: Prayer List
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Return to Top
#297870 - 08/30/05 01:36 AM Re: Prayer List
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Know that our thoughts are with you.

Return to Top
#297871 - 08/30/05 05:48 PM Re: Prayer List
Anonymous
Unregistered

update on my step-mom.

She is out of the hospital after having surjury. They were unable to remove the tumor so she will be starting Chemo and ratiation therapy soon. I may have to go out to Portland to be with her as they have no family out there, not sure yet.

Thank you all for your kind words and for including my parents in the prayer list.

Nawna, I'm sorry for you loss and the pain your family is going through

Return to Top
#297872 - 08/31/05 01:52 AM Re: Prayer List
Citrus Offline
Diamond Poster
My condolences to you, Nanwa.
Prayers for your stepmother's treatment, Pixie.
Prayers to the others, as well.
Prayers for healing.

Return to Top
#297873 - 08/31/05 02:51 PM Re: Prayer List
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Nanwa and Pixie, many prayers being said on you and your fam's behalf. God bless ya'll.

Return to Top
#297874 - 08/31/05 03:22 PM Re: Prayer List
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Thank you all!

MOML came home last night. He said, "I had a good time with my Dad, I did everything I could and I was there with him when he passed. I am good with that." Then he saw the terrible TV footage of that poor man whose wife was washed out of his grip and lost during Katrina. And MOML said, "Oh that poor man. I didn't have it anywhere near that bad."

So, I think he is handling his Dad's passing OK. He is at peace with it. We'll take it day by day, but things will get better.

Return to Top
#297875 - 09/02/05 01:59 AM Re: Prayer List
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Nanwa prayers for your husband and Pixie too. I need some prayers also. My only aunt left lives in Hattiesbury MS. I didn't think the area was affected by Katrina but have heard that it was severly damaged. My aunt is the last left of 11. Dumb me, I never asked for my cousins numbers because we live so far apart. I googled by boy cousin but his number in Co. is disconnected and SBC has no other number. My girl cousin, I never paid attention to her married name. I talk to my Aunt at least once a month. When I call on my cell phone I get all circuits busy and when I use my land line I get a busy signal. My Aunt is in her 80's and I'm really getting concerned. Does anyone know what is going on in Hattiesburg and who I can contact? I tried CNN where they have a site, but if they have no power how are they going to let people know that they are ok. My girl cousin is also in the Hattiesburg area. My guy cousin played with the Houston Oilers in the late 60's and 70's but I'm told that they no longer exist. I was hoping they might know where he is.

Return to Top
#297876 - 09/02/05 06:19 PM Re: Prayer List 9-2-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven. Again I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in Heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them."

1-4-05 Jim and Lynne Bedsole - Lynne admitted to the hospital Christmas Day. After a lot of ups and downs and 81 days in the hospital - she was able to go home.
For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 9-1-05 update - Lynne is out of surgery. It went well, and the doctors are optimistic about a full recovery. She will be in the hospital 5-7 days.

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05. 8-5-05 Hemoglobin is 8.7 (down almost a gram since last draw, but not as steep a drop as before)- platelets and white count are better.
Now the problem is a GGT level that is up in the range where they think she needs a biopsy. This could mean rejection. GGT is 277 (normal is around 50, her's is up from 70). Could also be a recurrence of the biliary problem, let's hope she doesn't need another PTC tube.

In order to be safe- we'll do an ultrasound at 2 pm Monday, then admit her, give her a transfusion, and biopsy her on Tuesday am. We would have results of the biopsy by that afternoon, per the hospital.

8-5-05 Nataliebear's great-uncle Dennis - He is going to Madison to start chemo on Friday, in preparation for his stem cell transplant on August 5.

1-4-05 Go 4 It - diagnosed with lymphoma began treatment1-18-05. 6-23-05 update - The right lung showed PET positive and the left lung was PET tive.........However, my oncologist still thinks these are due to spores. He has scheduled another CAT Scan for July 22nd....We will probably continue CTs once a month for awhile....If there is any activity, we will be on top of it......I will begin radiation next week and maintenance Chemo in early November. Thanks for the prayers.

1-6-05 Boomermom's co-worker - diagnosed with cancer/fell and broke her hip - had partial hip replacement 2-3-05 update - Is losing lots of weight. (7 pounds in last 2 weeks and had lost lots since becoming ill.) Doctors do not know why food is not digesting. Goes back to doctor for tests next week. 2-23-05 update - My co-worker came back to work part-time yesterday after her hip surgery. She cannot drive for six months so employees are picking her up and taking her home. She has to use a cane and others are helping her out so she doesn't have to walk any more than necessary. She is still not able to eat and has lost so much weight. Hopefully they will figure something out soon there.

1-11-05 Princess ene - facing surgury that will result in her inability to bear a child. 3-25-05 update - Update - went to my appt and walked away with what I came...nothing. It was quite upsetting. The Dr said he didn't agree with my Dr about my condition because my symptoms didn't "sound" right. Please continue to pray, I don't know where to turn to now.

1-14-05 LadyLuck's Friend and her husband - he has been diagnosed with a rare form of leukemia and has cancerous cells in his lymph nodes. Undergoing chemotheraphy. 6/13/05 UPDATE: My friend's husband's cancer is very aggressive and spreading. He had surgery last week to remove part of his stomach, colon, pancreas and the 3rd vertabrae in his spine. He got through the surgery but it is still too early to know the outcome. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

2-21-05 Princess Ene's Father - Please add my father to the list. My mom just sent an email that my father had a TIA (mini stroke) last night. She said his arm and face went numb for about 15 minutes. It was pretty scary for them. They are running an MRI and Ultrasound today. My father has probably been ill a total of 2 times in his life time so we are puzzled. I'm going on the internet right now to read up on them. I'll update as I learn more. 3-8-05 update - my father was told he has two blood clots on either side of his brain. They are continuing tests but are puzzled. They say these type of brain clots are usually caused by head trauma, he's had none. Thank you for your continued prayers.

2-23-05 Dawnie's Friend - If we could add Sondra to the list I'd appreciate it. She's flying down to Portland for a bone marrow test to see what her lukemia numbers are looking like after the stem cell harvest of a few months ago. This is her 11th bone marrow draw, and every one of them is quite painful and carry risk. 6-9-05 update - My friend Sondra received her first set of results back. They are not good. It appears we're turning the corner towards a darker side of the disease. Without a donor, she has just a few years to live at most. 7-7-05 update This week, because the results were so very very bad, they brought her down for more testing. She just found out that the results that frightened us all were an absolute fluke. The doctor is shocked and ran these tests more than once because they were so much better. While she is still battling luekemia and will until a transplant is found, she's not looking at a short six to nine months anymore. They are fully confident that these results are very accurate, and basically put her back at her earlier level, which means a few years to fight or find that transplant. We're very relieved, and I'm sure the prayer and support that has gone out on her behalf has helped in what looked to be a hopeless situation. Thank you all!!!!

2-23-05 Jim Bedsole's Brother-in-law - It just keeps piling on. Lynne's sister Debbie has been very close to us, especially during Lynne's recent illness. She has been down here from NC numerous times to cheer Lynne up. Well last Friday we just found out that Debbie's husband has leukemia. He is currently in Duke Medical Center undergoing heavy chemotherapy and some other type of therapy. They are also doing some tests that take up to 10 days to develop. After those tests they'll have a clearer picture of his status and prognosis.

3-10-05 Boomer's Wife - My wife and I have recently been told she has Lymphoma Cancer and she is undergoing chemo treatments. 3-31-05 update - As an update on my wife she is continuing her Chemo treatments, once every 3 weeks and seems to be handling them pretty good except for being very tired. She is now dealing with the mental feelings she has in dealing with her cancer. We are taking a day at a time.

4-7-05 Skittles' uncle - I'd like to add my uncle to the list. He has liver cancer and it's apparently in the final stages. He's 85 years old and the family is going to visit him to basically say good bye. He only found out he had this about a week ago (long story), and it's been extremely sad. He and my aunt have been married for almost 64 years (May 24th) and they may not make it to 65.

5-10-05 Jennifer's son - Please add my son to your prayer list. He will be 2 on the 18th. 8-20-05 update - We came home last Friday afternoon. Keeping Jonathan down is going to be hard. Since the day we came home, he wants to run and jump and play. The doctors said he can do what he feels up to but no rough housing, no wrestling, no jumping off of furniture, no swing sets, no swimming pool, no riding bikes and no falling on his chest. I am thankful that he is recovering so well and wants to run and jump

5-19-05 silentvalley's granddaughter - Please keep my granddaughter, Makenzie, in your prayers. She is not quite 5 months old & she was rushed to the hospital last night with an internal infection that the doctors have not yet decided on the cause.

6-20-05 CEW - Please add my Aunt Marilyn to the prayer list. She fell while out for her morning walk yesterday morning. Unsure if she suffered a stroke, but has not yet gained consciousness. Had bleeding in the brain and a hole was drilled in her skull to relieve the pressure. We are waiting to hear from my cousin this morning to find out if she has suffered any brain damage and what the prognosis is. Thank you.

6-20-05 violetRose's friend - Could you all please pray for my friend Summer, she was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks ago. Please also pray for her husband Cal, who is her rock at this time. They are in the process of deciding treatment. 6-22-05 update - Further tests revealed bad news. Cancer was found in her Kidneys, Liver and possibly her bones. Surgery will be scheduled for July followed by kemo. Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

7-15-05 ABrown's Mother-in-law - I would like to request prayers for my Mother-in-law. She has beaten lung cancer twice and we have been told now that she may either have pneumonia (treatable) OR a wide spread cancer that they can do nothing for.

7-22-05 Cat Woman's Mom - She is going thru a really stressful time at work. She had found out she has MS a couple of years ago, and I'm very afraid that the stress she is under will cause an attack.

8-3-05 Beagle Queen and Mom- I could use some prayers. The doctor has found a large tumor in my mother's bladder. 8-12-05 update Happy news, my mom is out of surgery and they feel that they got it all. The tumor will go for tests, but it looks like cancer. Happy news is they don't think it has spread outside of the bladder. She is up and talking and will go home soon if everything goes well. YYIIPPEEEE

08-03-05 Our bank received word that a former accounting officer who resigned a few weeks ago has liver failure. She is in her early fifties, has a 2 year old grandson and another grandbaby to be born in Dec.- - - but, our Ruthie has been placed in hospice care and doctors have given only 1 month left. Her husband, also early fifties, passed away about 3 months ago. Your prayers for her family would be appreciated. wacokid

Nanwa's family - Please include my mother-in-law and my husband and our family on the prayer list. 8-24-05 update - Ma had the colon cancer surgery two weeks ago. She is starting to do better. 8-29-05 Dad passed away - please remember the family.

8-8-05 Dawnie's MIL - If you'd add Jesse Sr's mother to the list I'd appreciate it. She's had a very bad year and we thought things were getting better but her blood pressure is dangerously low (80/45). She's lived a good life, and we don't wish her to suffer, but she also wants to live long enough to see the baby, so if ya'll could pray for her stregnth for a few more months I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks

8-11-05 CSB's Grandson Bryce - Our first grandson was born on June 1, was diagnosed with hydrocephalus and underwent his first surgery when he was six weeks old. 9-2-05 update - Bryce had his checkup with the Neurologist on Monday and received a clean bill of health. He doesn't need to go back to Nashville again until December. Mom will still need to take his temperature for 6 weeks to be sure there is no infection and then monitor his soft spot.

8-19-05 AngelinaLM's Mom - Her mother has been diagnosed with cancer. She'll have an operation September 15th as this is her second bout with it. Please keep AngelinaLM, her mother and their entire family in your prayers.

8-20-05 Truffle Royale's son - My son walked away from a car accident yesterday that should have killed him. He's fine physically, but really down on himself mentally because of the financial hardship this will cause his family. Construction workers don't get sick time and he's not to work for at least a week. If, after praying that God helps all those that need physical healing you have a prayer left, could you say it for my son so he understands why God has given him this experience and what he should learn from it.

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks. 8-30-05 update - She is out of the hospital after having surjury. They were unable to remove the tumor so she will be starting Chemo and ratiation therapy soon. I may have to go out to Portland to be with her as they have no family out there, not sure yet.

8-26-05 deppfan’s husband - Please pray for my husband Larry. His uncle died this morning, and they have always been very close. When Larry was a kid, his uncle lived with them, and then when he went to college, he lived with Uncle and Aunt. There was only 10 years difference in their ages, and he feels like he lost a brother. My mother in law is also devastated. She was 12 years older than her "baby" brother, and says she feels like a "Lonely Only" (no other siblings) again. Please pray for them all.

8-28-05 anonymous’s twin sister - Please pray for my twin sister who as bone and lung cancer. Pray for the doctors to do the best they can to rid her of the cancer cells and pray for her strenght and determination to fight.

8-28-05 Kansayaku - I just heard from my brother that his wife's younger sister has just been given approximately six months to live. She has cancer and will be leaving behind a husband and three daughters all under the teenage years. Please lift up your prayers for her and her family as they try to understand and accept God's will.

8-31-05 Corkygirl’s Husband – company relocated – he may lose job after 36 years

8-31-05 Viking Princess – close friend’s husband was murdered this weekend. Please please please say prayers for this family. My friends name is Lelah and she has two children by her husband.

Communal Requests:
Everyone affected by Hurricane Katrina; those who have lost loved ones, who are homeless, who are without hope or resources.
The children, and the Families all children, who are missing/kidnapped from their homes.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#297877 - 09/02/05 06:38 PM Re: Prayer List 9-2-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please pray for my unspoken requests~thank you.

Return to Top
#297878 - 09/02/05 06:54 PM Re: Prayer List 9-2-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

May I add a prayer for my family as my husband employer (14+years) was just sold and he has a job on a day to day basis. Concerned in FL.

Return to Top
#297879 - 09/02/05 06:56 PM Re: Prayer List 9-2-05
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Gulf Coast and Katrina immediate victims. The U.S.A. as this will effect us all in one way or another. God bless the USA.

Return to Top
#297880 - 09/08/05 06:15 PM Re: Prayer List 9-9-05
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth

For those of you who don't believe in the miraculous power of prayer, let this experience serve as a testimony that God is real and that he does desire a relationship with us. It is our sin that separates us from God, but that separation can be bridged through the person of Jesus Christ. He is faithful to His word in all things. And in all things, He is in control. It was only through an abiding faith in these tenets and the uplifted prayers of all our wonderful friends and family that we were able to make it through this long ordeal. 9-11-05 update - Lynne got to come home from the hospital yesterday. She is doing pretty good, but pain from the surgery is still a big issue for her. We really appreciate all the prayers that have been said already for her.

1-4-05 Natalie Bear and Mom(Becca) - awaiting liver transplant Mom is a match for a living donor transplant to Natalie Bear. Liver transplant took place 2-9-05.
9-9-05 update - Natalie home for at least two weeks and doing well!

Nanwa's family - Please include my mother-in-law and my husband and our family on the prayer list. 8-24-05 update - Ma had the colon cancer surgery two weeks ago. She is starting to do better. 8-29-05 Dad passed away - please remember the family.

8-11-05 CSB's Grandson Bryce - Our first grandson was born on June 1, was diagnosed with hydrocephalus and underwent his first surgery when he was six weeks old. 9-2-05 update - Bryce had his checkup with the Neurologist on Monday and received a clean bill of health. He doesn't need to go back to Nashville again until December. Mom will still need to take his temperature for 6 weeks to be sure there is no infection and then monitor his soft spot.

8-25-05 *pixiesprite*'s dad and step-mom - My Step-mom just found out she has ovarian cancer and my dad just got out of the hospital for apendisitis (sp?) So they are going through a lot and could use all the prayers they can get. Thanks. 8-30-05 update - She is out of the hospital after having surjury. They were unable to remove the tumor so she will be starting Chemo and ratiation therapy soon. I may have to go out to Portland to be with her as they have no family out there, not sure yet.

8-26-05 deppfan’s husband - Please pray for my husband Larry. His uncle died this morning, and they have always been very close. When Larry was a kid, his uncle lived with them, and then when he went to college, he lived with Uncle and Aunt. There was only 10 years difference in their ages, and he feels like he lost a brother. My mother in law is also devastated. She was 12 years older than her "baby" brother, and says she feels like a "Lonely Only" (no other siblings) again. Please pray for them all.

8-28-05 anonymous’s twin sister - Please pray for my twin sister who as bone and lung cancer. Pray for the doctors to do the best they can to rid her of the cancer cells and pray for her strenght and determination to fight.

8-28-05 Kansayaku - I just heard from my brother that his wife's younger sister has just been given approximately six months to live. She has cancer and will be leaving behind a husband and three daughters all under the teenage years. Please lift up your prayers for her and her family as they try to understand and accept God's will.

8-31-05 Corkygirl’s Husband – company relocated – he may lose job after 36 years 9-11-05 update - The "official" word came yesterday, the plant closes November 18th. My husband will work until at least Dec 30th because of his job so that will help. After 36 years he gets a wopping severence pay of 12 weeks, with an additional 5 weeks since he is willing to stay until the end of the year!!! It will be so hard watching the company die and old, old friends leave. Yesterday was a hard day for him, hit him harder than he thought it would. I was surprised how sad it made me.

8-31-05 Viking Princess – close friend’s husband was murdered this weekend. Please please please say prayers for this family. My friends name is Lelah and she has two children by her husband.

9-8-05 Kiwi's Friend - I would like to add a co-worker and friend to the prayer list. She has known since her first ultrasound that her little baby boy will not survive after he is born. He has a disorder that did not allow his brain to develop correctly from the beginning, so there is not much they can do. Please keep them in your thoughts in the coming weeks.

9-9-05 Skittle's Father - My father has been diagnosed with emphysema (spelling?), arythmia and tacticardia within the last several weeks. He has no energy because oxygen is not getting to his muscles and organs. He's only 83 (his father lived to be 96) and I always thought he would follow suit. This is very difficult on me, especially since I moved 500+ miles away in April.

9-9-05 AnnL's friend Paul - Please add prayers for Paul. He is the 2year old son of a friend who has aplastic anemia. His uncle died of this when we were all friends as teenagers so of course the family is just devasted at the thought of going through this again with little Paul!

Communal Requests:
Everyone affected by Hurricane Katrina; those who have lost loved ones, who are homeless, who are without hope or resources.
Last edited by waldensouth; 09/12/05 01:05 PM.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett