Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#37098 - 10/15/02 02:55 PM Internal Review of R/E Appraisals
Rangers Fan Offline
Gold Star
Rangers Fan
How do you guys handle the internal review of r/e appraisals? We have an internal checklist that the officer is to complete, but I am reading in the FDIC exam section on appraisals that says the person doing the review should be separate from the lending process and that they should have "appropriate training or experience". We are not large enough to have a staff appraiser, so what would be the easiest way to get training for someone to be qualified to do this? Checked with our banking association-nothing on the horizon; checked with state appraiser group-nothing on their schedule either. How in depth would the training need to be to satisfy an examiner that the person had knowledge enough to make a fair review of the appraisal, beyond noting if the basics requirements are included in the appraisal?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#37099 - 10/15/02 05:49 PM Re: Internal Review of R/E Appraisals
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
In our case Loan Review checks them. You could consider someone in a similar role or another lender.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#37100 - 08/19/03 02:46 PM Re: Internal Review of R/E Appraisals
vaca Offline
vaca
Mcarollo,
You stated you were reading about this in the FDIC exam section. We are currently addressing our appraisal reviews and I am looking to obtain as much information as possible. Was it the FDIC exam procedures? I have found FILs on it but where exactly is this requirement in the FDIC Regs? Thank you very much for your help!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z