Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#386477 - 07/15/05 06:23 PM Signing Check 21 Disclosure
Tricia Offline
Gold Star
Smack dab in the middle of IL
We just switched new account software and our new vendor's Check 21 Disclosure has a place for the customer sign. Does any other banks require that the customer sign this disclosure? Plus, why would they need to sign this disclosure, they don't sign any other disclosure?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#386478 - 07/15/05 09:25 PM Re: Signing Check 21 Disclosure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you sure that it's not the expedited recredit request, not the disclosure, that requires the customer's signature?

Return to Top
#386479 - 07/15/05 10:37 PM Re: Signing Check 21 Disclosure
Anonymous
Unregistered

We use deposit pro and it has a place to sign. This software is put out by Harland Financial Services

Return to Top
#386480 - 07/18/05 03:37 PM Re: Signing Check 21 Disclosure
Tricia Offline
Gold Star
Smack dab in the middle of IL
Anon 1 - It is the disclosure. It describes what a substitute check is, what the customers rights are in regards to substitute checks and how they make a claim.

Anon 2 - The software I am speaking of is Deposit Pro by HFS. Do you have your customers sign it?

Does anyone else out there require a signature on their Substitute Check Policy Disclosure?

Return to Top
#386481 - 07/18/05 05:47 PM Re: Signing Check 21 Disclosure
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Quote:

Does anyone else out there require a signature on their Substitute Check Policy Disclosure?

We do not. I haven't heard of any other banks that do.

Return to Top
#386482 - 08/11/05 04:30 PM Re: Signing Check 21 Disclosure
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you saying that a disclosure is required for each new account? I thought that if your bank only returned an image of the customer's paid checks in their periodic statement, no disclosure was required. We do provide lobby notices and "educational" materials and have an expedited re-crediting written procedure.

Return to Top
#386483 - 08/12/05 03:10 PM Re: Signing Check 21 Disclosure
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
You only need to make "Check 21" disclosures for new accounts if the customer will receive actual paid checks with the periodic statement. If the customer gets only images (or only a statement with transaction activity), there is no Check 21 disclosure needed at account opening.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett