Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Thread Options
#432775 - 10/03/05 03:37 PM October
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Just encouraging everyone to remember that October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Let's remember those we have lost due to breast cancer and those who have survived.

Make sure you wear pink during the month of October...in support of awareness.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#432776 - 10/03/05 04:59 PM Re: October
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler
Just a short drive from Lake E...
I'll be wearing my pink bracelet every day until it wears out. My sister had a mastectomy in June and my mom had one in July. Luckily my sister caught it early enough that she didn't have to take chemo. Not so lucky for my mom. She had her second of eight treatments last week.
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
#432777 - 10/03/05 05:14 PM Re: October
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
As a 7 year survivor, I thank you for this post.

Do any of your banks participate in the Lee Denim Day? It's this Friday, the 7th. My bank has for 7 years now, because of me, but we can't wear denim so we do khaki's and the bank shirt (or a pink shirt) and we get nearly 100% participation. I generally bake for each branch but this year I bought everyone one of the pink jelly bracelets (just didn't read it right and cost me many more $$$$$ than I thought )

Return to Top
#432778 - 10/03/05 05:49 PM Re: October
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

As a 7 year survivor, I thank you for this post.

Do any of your banks participate in the Lee Denim Day? It's this Friday, the 7th. My bank has for 7 years now, because of me, but we can't wear denim so we do khaki's and the bank shirt (or a pink shirt) and we get nearly 100% participation. I generally bake for each branch but this year I bought everyone one of the pink jelly bracelets (just didn't read it right and cost me many more $$$$$ than I thought )

Tell me about this? I am wearing my pins as always and I just purchased a new charm braclet from Dillard's. Went in on Friday to do some shopping for makeup and fell in love. The braclet is 10 and each charm is 5. All proceeds go to the breast cancer foundation. 3 years ago we thought my mother had breast cancer.. finally after all the testing and surgeries she was cancer-free.. thank God. So.. in honor of her "scare" and also the women in my family we have lost to breast cancer.. I make it a point to wear my pink attire the entire month.

Return to Top
#432779 - 10/03/05 05:51 PM Re: October
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Our bank takes part in the Lee Denim day.

Return to Top
#432780 - 10/03/05 05:56 PM Re: October
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
where can you buy pink bracelets? I can't find them. My Aunt had breast cancer and sadly she had to have one breast removed, even though she didn't have to go through chemo she had radiology? (is that what its called) anyway, she was depressed for awhile, but then she realized through all of it she is still alive, and we are all thank full for that.

Return to Top
#432781 - 10/03/05 06:09 PM Re: October
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

where can you buy pink bracelets? I can't find them. My Aunt had breast cancer and sadly she had to have one breast removed, even though she didn't have to go through chemo she had radiology? (is that what its called) anyway, she was depressed for awhile, but then she realized through all of it she is still alive, and we are all thank full for that.

Well...I know Wal-Mart sales the little pink bands for .97 cents. Look over in the purse section.

Return to Top
#432782 - 10/03/05 06:11 PM Re: October
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me

Return to Top
#432783 - 10/03/05 06:14 PM Re: October
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

This is the braclet I got..
http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/store...ms&R=CVW180

Click on Alternate view to see the different charms...
Last edited by Search_Me; 10/03/05 06:15 PM.

Return to Top
#432784 - 10/03/05 06:39 PM Re: October
Anonymous
Unregistered

Be very careful which ones you buy. Many places are selling the plastic bracelets as "fashion bracelets", for instance Walgreens. These have NOTHING to do with the charity; they get NONE of the proceeds. The best idea may be to check the official website for the correct information.

Return to Top
#432785 - 10/03/05 06:41 PM Re: October
Anonymous
Unregistered

Search me, did the ones at Wal-Mart specifically say that they benefit breast cancer?

Return to Top
#432786 - 10/03/05 06:51 PM Re: October
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Search me, did the ones at Wal-Mart specifically say that they benefit breast cancer?

Hhm.. if I'm not mistakin a percentage of the proceeds will go to the cancer foundation.. but it should say on the package label.. just look for it..it will say who benefits... if you decide to make a purchase.. I got mine from Wal-Mart.. long time ago.. but I noticed the other day when I was there they had some more in stock. They also have cute little socks that have pink ribbions on them, but I hate socks. LOL.

Return to Top
#432787 - 10/03/05 06:56 PM Re: October
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
You could go the Philadelphia Eagles website and order one or more of the many pieces of awareness apparel such as pink mcnabb jerseys, really cool pink ties with little eagles logos all over or pink hats with an eagles logo and pink ribbon made with swarovski crystals for $75, $25 of which goes to research (it's worth checking out).

Return to Top
#432788 - 10/03/05 06:58 PM Re: October
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Hhm.. if I'm not mistakin a percentage of the proceeds will go to the cancer foundation.. but it should say on the package label.. just look for it..it will say who benefits... if you decide to make a purchase.. I got mine from Wal-Mart.. long time ago.. but I noticed the other day when I was there they had some more in stock. They also have cute little socks that have pink ribbions on them, but I hate socks. LOL.

I'm lookin online now.. Pink Stuff is who puts the braclets out in the WalMart stores and it reads on the package..they will donate a portion of the net proceeds from this item to breast cancer reseach and patient care...

Return to Top
#432789 - 10/03/05 09:23 PM Re: October
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know this is off of the subjsct, but Ron Mexico how did you come up with your user name? I was watching a show on ESPN and it was talking about how Michael Vick used the name Ron Mexico as an alias name. He was charged with something at a hotel, but I do not remember what it was.

Return to Top
#432790 - 10/03/05 09:30 PM Re: October
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I'm saving the lid to my Yoplait and mailing that puppy in. And it felt great to end a sentence with a preposition (and begin this run-on sentence with a conjunction and include a parenthetical phrase and an exclamation point)!

Return to Top
#432791 - 10/03/05 09:31 PM Re: October
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I have the pink ribbon ones on my Italian Charm bracelet. My grandmother lost her 2nd breast when she was 73. (She is now 78!)

Return to Top
#432792 - 10/03/05 11:30 PM Re: October
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
You can find the pink bracelets on the Susan G Komen site, as well as the denim day site. That way you know a portion of the money goes to the cause. I can't begin to tell you how many pins, hats, shirts etc I have now, after 7 years Had surgery, 8 chemo treatments and 33 radiation treatments (mass was too close to the chest wall) and now my cancer dr says I'm "boring" during my annual check-ups - how I love boring!!!! We do the yogurt lids also, every little bit helps
Last edited by corkygirl; 10/03/05 11:30 PM.

Return to Top
#432793 - 10/04/05 01:04 PM Re: October
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

I know this is off of the subjsct, but Ron Mexico how did you come up with your user name? I was watching a show on ESPN and it was talking about how Michael Vick used the name Ron Mexico as an alias name. He was charged with something at a hotel, but I do not remember what it was.

You got it. My pseudonym is someone else's pseudonym. (I believe if you just saw that it was talking about the new football video game starring LT. There is a player in the game named Michael Mexico who is just like Vick. It's weird how they can't even use Vick's fake name because they don't have an NFL license.)
Last edited by Ron Mexico; 10/04/05 01:07 PM.
Return to Top