Thread Options
#442757 - 10/18/05 05:41 PM Females - Hunting
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Just curious.
How do most females view hunting?
If you respond, please reveal your state or region.
Thanks.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#442758 - 10/18/05 05:44 PM Re: Females - Hunting
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Well, when I lived in Idaho, my wife at that time viewed most of her hunting through the scope of her rifle.

Return to Top
#442759 - 10/18/05 05:46 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Rainbow Girl Offline
Gold Star
Midtown
Deer Hunting? Moose? Elk? or hunting in general?

I grew up on venison. I never went hunting, but I helped my dad and brothers when they got home. I am personally fine with it. I like to fish. That's my favorite.

South East

Return to Top
#442760 - 10/18/05 05:50 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
I gun hunt deer, and am currently learning to bow hunt. I would hunt about any large game. Also I rabbit hunt, squirrel hunt, and pretty much will shoot any critter that comes into my property as long as it is legal!

Return to Top
#442761 - 10/18/05 05:51 PM Re: Females - Hunting
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
My father in law hunts and I don't have a problem with it. I don't hunt becuase guns scare the pee out of me.

Return to Top
#442762 - 10/18/05 05:51 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Quote:

I gun hunt deer, and am currently learning to bow hunt. I would hunt about any large game. Also I rabbit hunt, squirrel hunt, and pretty much will shoot any critter that comes into my property as long as it is legal!

I picked up a bow for the first time a few years ago. It is the best.
Best of luck.'

Return to Top
#442763 - 10/18/05 05:53 PM Re: Females - Hunting
~Special K~ Offline
Power Poster
~Special K~
RRFCG PM
I am from Kentucky and my Dad was in the field artillery division of the Army soooooooooo I grew up around guns and going hunting with him, although I never was quiet enough..lol
I honestly couldn't shoot an animal, that's just the animal lover in me, and no I'm not a vegetarian so I know it may not make sense to some.
But, I know hunting is needed for animal control as well as a favorite past time.

I absolutely love fishing too~

Return to Top
#442764 - 10/18/05 05:55 PM Re: Females - Hunting
RachelD Offline
Gold Star
I was born and raised in Idaho, I had my first target practice with a 22 when I was five. I was taught safety first and that hunting was not only a sport but provided food for our family. As long as people enjoy the sport and eat what they kill I think it is perfectly acceptable and part of life.

Return to Top
#442765 - 10/18/05 05:59 PM Re: Females - Hunting
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Born and raised in Southern California by a policeman who loves guns, hunting and fishing. I picked up a love for two of the three. I have been shooting since I was 4 and fishing since I could walk. I am also a huge animal lover so I cannot kill one purposely.

Return to Top
#442766 - 10/18/05 06:00 PM Re: Females - Hunting
file queen Offline
Gold Star
file queen
Nevada
I guess it depends on why you do it. Do you enjoy killing another living being, or is it for food? If it's for food, then that's necessity. For fun is just creepy.

Return to Top
#442767 - 10/18/05 06:17 PM Re: Females - Hunting
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
I would love to go hunting! I know how to shoot a gun, and my BF and his dad go dove,squirl,and deer hunting. My grandfather hunts my stepdad hunts, i grew up on rabbit and deer, i hope the man i marry will hunt, it also shows that you have skill, but there is a rule You eat what you kill.

Return to Top
#442768 - 10/18/05 06:18 PM Re: Females - Hunting
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
oh.....south, north Texas

Return to Top
#442769 - 10/18/05 06:20 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
I have no problem with hunting. I don't like the NRA though.

Return to Top
#442770 - 10/18/05 06:23 PM Re: Females - Hunting
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
I live in South Dakota. Grew up with a dad and brother who hunted, but I never really got into it until my husband convinced me to give it a try. I even took a Hunter's safety class about 4 years ago. The instructors said I was their only pregnant student, which is good, considering the rest of the students are usually about 14 (I was 25 at the time!). I hunt pheasant, goose, duck and deer.

Return to Top
#442771 - 10/18/05 06:31 PM Re: Females - Hunting
starsfan2005 Offline
New Poster
Texas
I live in Texas and hunt just about anything - ducks, deer, geese, squirrel, hogs and have a great time being out there with my husband. My son will start to go this year although he is too young to handle a gun he is going with me to begin to learn and enjoy the outdoors. I think it is a great way to spend quality time with your family. I did not get involved in it until I met my husband. Women in the Outdoors is a great way to get started if you are unfamiliar with guns or archery etc. They are through the National Wild Turkey Federation and usually hold day long activities for women to come and learn about the outdoors.

Return to Top
#442772 - 10/18/05 06:33 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I live in New Mexico. My dad was a hunter and when I was young, we would make jerky out of a lot of the meat (elk, deer), which is the only way I will eat it, even today. My husband is a bow hunter and he is crazy about it. He watches the hunting shows on tv all of the time. I'm not into hunting myself though.

Return to Top
#442773 - 10/18/05 06:33 PM Re: Females - Hunting
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
oh i forgot about turkey,and hog, last thankgiving we had the hog that my stepdad shot mmmm, so good, he didn't do so well with the dove, but my BF's dad did, i can't wait until they cook it!! and i love deer jerky!!!

Return to Top
#442774 - 10/18/05 06:34 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, thank you for the input, ladies. And,Ron, of course.
I'd like to take out a few hogs in Texas. I'm talking about hunting, just so you know.

Good luck in the woods, ladies. And, Ron, of course.

Return to Top
#442775 - 10/18/05 06:39 PM Re: Females - Hunting
huntik Offline
100 Club
Nebraska
My husband is the all American hunter type. He's always trying to get me to go out with him. I tell him that as soon as we have our own land to hunt on so I can go back to the house to go to the bathroom I'll go with him. Hunting is great, peeing in the woods, not so great. BBQ duck, also great!

Return to Top
#442776 - 10/18/05 06:44 PM Re: Females - Hunting
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
I grew up around hunting. Dad hunts deer, turkey, quail and pheasant. My favorite is quail and pheasant hunting (plus it's the only thing I'll eat) mainly because of the dogs. I love to watch a good bird dog work. This spring and early summer I went coon (raccoon) hunting...that was different, but again I was fascinated with the dogs.

Return to Top
#442777 - 10/18/05 07:57 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Erl of Baltimore Offline
Platinum Poster
Erl of Baltimore
Memorial Stadium
Quote:

I would love to go hunting! I know how to shoot a gun, and my BF and his dad go dove,squirl,and deer hunting. My grandfather hunts my stepdad hunts, i grew up on rabbit and deer, i hope the man i marry will hunt, it also shows that you have skill, but there is a rule You eat what you kill.

The rule is you CLEAN what you kill...and then you eat it. Growing up in PA I had my shirt tail clipped a couple of times while deer hunting. Still go, but not as often as I'd like.

Return to Top
#442778 - 10/18/05 08:24 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't gone hunting, but I did take a hunter safety course. My husband hunts for pheasant, deer, turkey, Canada goose and duck. I would love to go with him on a deer hunt, but I need to practice shooting first. We do enjoy fishing for muskies, but that is for sport.
NW Iowa

Return to Top
#442779 - 10/18/05 09:39 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Well, I grew up in a family that hunted.. but the rule was if it was killed it.. it was eaten.

I went huntin when I was about 15.. OMG.. they promised to never take me back... LOL... I had lugged my pillow.. my flashlight...my blanket...and my book..at that age I could have cared less about huntin...let alone killing a beautiful deer. I could not get comfortable and I could not shut up.. needless to say.. we did not see one deer...LOL.

A guy I dated for a while.. took me hog huntin... and wouldn't ya know.. not one hog in site.. so we ended up lookin at the moon in the scope of his gun... really cool.. you should try it sometimes if ya never tried.

Growin up we raised rabbits.. so we did not have to hunt for them. My family hunts.. doves, ducks, deer, hogs, and turkey.

I'm not crazy about guns myself.. so I don't hunt.. but I'm not opposed to the idea of huntin espeically if that special someone likes too.. but I can't "p" in the woods and if we are campin out.. please let there be fresh water .... LOL... And if he is always in the woods more than with his family ... not happenin.. LOL.

East Texas
Last edited by Search_Me; 10/18/05 09:41 PM.

Return to Top
#442780 - 10/18/05 10:28 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im thinking wedding crashers.. the ulitmate hunt.. the woman.. and she's close..

Return to Top
#442781 - 10/18/05 10:30 PM Re: Females - Hunting
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Im thinking wedding crashers.. the ulitmate hunt.. the woman.. and she's close..

LOL...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3