BOL Conferences

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Thread Options
#444832 - 10/28/05 06:53 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And your point is?

MD, acting ignorant does not become you.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#444833 - 10/28/05 06:59 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Do you realize people were having homosexual relationships in ancient times? This isn't a new fad.

Return to Top
#444834 - 10/28/05 07:14 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

Quote:

And your point is?

It was a legitimate question. Personally, I couldn't tell if you were asking a question, begging the question, making a veiled statement, or asking if a sample size of 1 was sufficient for making a generalization. Then there was the distinct possibility that you were just being a jerk. I can't discount that one totally.

Return to Top
#444835 - 10/28/05 07:24 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Thanks, AML. I honestly didn't know what anon was getting at.

Return to Top
#444836 - 10/28/05 07:34 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:

Quote:

Farmer John and Elsie have been together for some time now.

But the problem is that Elsie really wants to be with the chicken. Oh, if she could only articulate and therefore, consent!

Signed,
Another Anon

Does "moo" always mean "moo"?

Return to Top
#444837 - 10/28/05 07:58 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless you're clucking at the time.

Signed Another Anon

Return to Top
#444838 - 10/28/05 09:38 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And your point is?

It was a legitimate question. Personally, I couldn't tell if you were asking a question, begging the question, making a veiled statement, or asking if a sample size of 1 was sufficient for making a generalization. Then there was the distinct possibility that you were just being a jerk. I can't discount that one totally.

You and Michelle Dawn are tiring. Don't you have work to do or is it your job to defend the BOL Watercooler?

Return to Top
#444839 - 10/28/05 09:41 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Do you realize people were having homosexual relationships in ancient times? This isn't a new fad.

So being around a long time means it is ok? Wow, murder has been around even longer. It's not a fad...

Return to Top
#444840 - 10/28/05 09:41 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Gotta love it when anon's go sour If you can't come back with a real argument, always go for the insults

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#444841 - 10/28/05 09:43 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Oh! A stinging rebuke from an anonymous poster! I shall attempt to bear up under the crushing disappointment somehow.

Return to Top
#444842 - 10/28/05 10:17 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having to post anon makes it easier to take off the gloves. I apologize if I took them off first.

My points in this thread:

1. I see liberal bias in interpreting the Bible that is at least the equal of the fundamentalist's bias.

2. Cheryle Swoopes saying she is now gay, but has not always been makes me think that the relaxed attitudes toward homosexual relationships will cause some straight people who have a very close relationships with a person of the same sex people to consider making it sexual. I remember reading in a magazine a couple of years ago that women in Hollywood were considered so square if they had not had at least one lesbian relationship or encounter. What gives?

Return to Top
#444843 - 10/28/05 10:18 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

By the way, I am not an anon, I am a person.

Return to Top
#444844 - 10/28/05 10:28 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

makes me think that the relaxed attitudes toward homosexual relationships will cause some straight people who have a very close relationships with a person of the same sex people to consider making it sexual

I have several male friends, not relatives of mine, that I am extremely close too, and I can honestly say that I would kill for. Never never never never never have I thought of having a sexual relationship with any of them.

That gets my vote for most bizarre statement ever made in BOL...

Return to Top
#444845 - 10/28/05 11:21 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

makes me think that the relaxed attitudes toward homosexual relationships will cause some straight people who have a very close relationships with a person of the same sex people to consider making it sexual

I have several male friends, not relatives of mine, that I am extremely close too, and I can honestly say that I would kill for. Never never never never never have I thought of having a sexual relationship with any of them.

That gets my vote for most bizarre statement ever made in BOL...

Gee, happy, does the "some" have to include you?

So, are you saying that Cheryl Swoopes statement is bizarre happy. She said she was not born gay, but then met her soulmate.

Return to Top
#444846 - 10/29/05 07:45 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

My points in this thread:

1. I see liberal bias in interpreting the Bible that is at least the equal of the fundamentalist's bias.

I'm asking this seriously this time, what's your point? Individuals build their faiths on their own, with parts of the Bible or other holy books that speak to them, and held together with their own interpretations. If you want to frame that in liberal vs. conservative terms, you go on with your bad self. But you might consider another way of looking at it: as represented in this thread, the fundamentalist path to salvation lies in condemning others, while the liberal path lies in perfecting the self.

Quote:

2. Cheryle Swoopes saying she is now gay, but has not always been makes me think that the relaxed attitudes toward homosexual relationships will cause some straight people who have a very close relationships with a person of the same sex people to consider making it sexual. I remember reading in a magazine a couple of years ago that women in Hollywood were considered so square if they had not had at least one lesbian relationship or encounter.

Well, that *is* a tangled little nest of snakes you've got in there, isn't it? Here are some other options to consider:

1. The supposedly God-ordained, hard-wired, genetic, sanctified attribute of heterosexuality is actually so fragile and tenuous that a pleasant conversation, a compelling article in Redbook or an emotional Oprah episode can reverse it. Hmmmmmm.

2. The genetic and neurological imperative towards homosexuality is so strong that the heterosexual must guard against even thinking about it lest they risk being pulled over to the other side. Hmmmmmmm.

3. The societal presumption of heterosexuality is so strong and pervasive that someone may not *know* if they are gay until they meet their soul-mate and are called re-examine their own assumptions about their life. What if heterosexuals had to 'come out' to friends and family, and construct their sexual identities from the ground up? Hmmmmmm.

4. The mysteries of romance, attraction, sexual identity and sexual orientation may just be too deep for us as mere mortals to put into a neat and tiny box.

5. So what if some people experiment with their sexuality? Sexuality is a gift from God. Think of the parable of the man who gave talents to his servants to see whether they'd bury them in the yard, or cultivate them and make them flourish. Hmmmmmmmmm.

Return to Top
#444847 - 10/31/05 01:25 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Cheryle Swoopes saying she is now gay, but has not always been makes me think that the relaxed attitudes toward homosexual relationships will cause some straight people who have a very close relationships with a person of the same sex people to consider making it sexual. I remember reading in a magazine a couple of years ago that women in Hollywood were considered so square if they had not had at least one lesbian relationship or encounter. What gives?

If she is happy and in a loving relationship I see nothing wrong.

Very nice post AML. I need to get back to work before another troll tries to flame me.

Return to Top
#444848 - 11/01/05 02:41 AM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
I do not understand why so many people base their opinions on the bible regarding this issue.

Granted, I am not religious.

My personal opinion is that homosexual relationships are just not natural. It take a male and a female (human)to procreate the species. Very simply put , that is why there are males and females.

It is the natural order.

Return to Top
#444849 - 11/01/05 03:41 AM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
Wow, I'm gone for a week and this changes from a question of whether it is correct to expose a young child to the possibilities of alternative lifestyles to flaming each other over sexual preferences.

Didn't anyone ever tell you guys never to discuss politics, religion or sexuality?

Many cultures did - and do - think that homosexuality is ok. The ancient Greeks, the Japanese, the Hindus are three that come to mind. Even in our own past, homosexuality wasn't always taboo. Read Emily Dickenson or Walt Whitman sometime.

But in this country at this time Michelle Dawn's tagline is wrong - people have way too much concern over things that don't affect them. What two consenting adults do is their own business. If they get turned on by hitting each other with rubber chickens or riding BMX bikes naked or listening to whale songs or whatever, good for them.

Putting a boundary on love is like trying to get rid of dust mites. It's pointless. People are going to do what they want to do, not what someone else says they should or shouldn't do. That's called free will. And that's what the Christian God gave people. Moses didn't come off the mountain with, "Thou shalt not be homosexual." Heck, the Bible even condoned incest at one time. So not everything in the Bible is acceptable for this day and age. Therefore, it stands to reason that the opposite is true.

Now, let's all take a deep breath, shake hands and have a drink at Pirate's Bar, ok?

Return to Top
#444850 - 11/01/05 02:58 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Many cultures did - and do - think that homosexuality is ok. The ancient Greeks, the Japanese, the Hindus are three that come to mind.

Who cares if many cultures said it was ok.

Many cultures thought slavery was perfectly ok. Perhaps we should go back to condoning it too.

The Taliban thought it was perfectly ok for stone women to death for not completely covering themselves head to toe.

Some cultures think it is ok for a husband to kill his wife because she smiles at another man.

Some cultures today think killing people of another ethnicity to the point of genocide is ok.

WHAT CULTURE THINKS IS RIGHT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT!

Return to Top
#444851 - 11/01/05 03:05 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Then what makes it right? Is it democracy? Is it the constitution? Is it BF?

Return to Top
#444852 - 11/01/05 03:12 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice try, flaire. I agree with your post; however, the beating of the dead horse shall continue!

Signed,
Another Anon

Return to Top
#444853 - 11/01/05 04:15 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Then what makes it right? Is it democracy? Is it the constitution? Is it BF?

I believe in objective rights and wrongs, that things like Murder, Rape, Incest, Homosexuality, Theft, etc. are immoral activities that should not be ingaged in. I find my personal source to understand what these rights and wrongs are in my faith in God and His Word.

Return to Top
#444854 - 11/01/05 04:18 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
And YOU are the conduit of His Word?

Return to Top
#444855 - 11/01/05 04:28 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Roger That Offline
Platinum Poster
Roger That
Penna.
Hey, Ron.

You don't need to belittle someone.
That's what they believe.
You're trying to refute it?
Imean, it seems like the people who keep yelling about tolerance, go right for the neck when they want to, but can't stand it when the reverse happens.

Return to Top
#444856 - 11/01/05 04:36 PM Re: Exposed to Gay Music
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
I wasn't belittling at all. i was trying to figure out how some religiously based opinion was better or more accurate than my opinion.

Return to Top
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14