Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#447425 - 10/26/05 05:08 PM Commercial Loans
etm238 Offline
New Poster
Can you please let know of any Origination Software for Commercial Loans. New Training Issue for me, also can you guide me to some commercial loan regs.

Thanks I appreciate all your help!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#447426 - 10/26/05 05:21 PM Re: Commercial Loans
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I don't know of any software that is specifically designed for commercial lending. Doesn't mean it's not out there, I'm just not familiar with it. We use Banker Systems Rembrandt and it does a good documentation job and is flexible in allowing some of the quirky terms you get into with commercial lending.

There are no federal commercial regulations per-se. You will want to look to the flood requirements, appraisal requirements, any regulatory guidance put out by your regulator, Reg. B and state laws to name a few.

Return to Top
#447427 - 10/26/05 05:35 PM Re: Commercial Loans
etm238 Offline
New Poster
Thanks Dan!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#447428 - 10/26/05 07:07 PM Re: Commercial Loans
Raymond Offline
Platinum Poster
Raymond
The Land of OZ
I have not seen Rembrandt, but I have heard that it does a nice job. We didn't look at if because of its price. We use Arta at this bank for commercial and consumer loans. Arta does a nice job on consumer and an okay job on commercial. Harland's Laser Pro does a nice job on both commercial and consumer. Beyond that, those are the only two softwares that I have actually seen and used.

Return to Top
#447429 - 10/26/05 07:17 PM Re: Commercial Loans
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Harland's Laser Pro is what we use. It does a great job on producing documents, but getting Harland to produce when you need help is somewhat of a nightmare (For six months I've been trying to get them to develop a program for me to download more than the standard CRA submission data! Only to have to threaten to beat someone up with a spagetti noodle and get the answer in one day....the answer mind you that was supplied gave me two days to decide to purchase at an unreasonable cost...) Oh dear, I'm ranting...harland's Laser Pro is what we use LOL

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#447430 - 10/27/05 02:43 AM Re: Commercial Loans
flaire Offline
100 Club
flaire
sw us
Dawnie - we use Laser Pro too and I totally understand what you mean. We waited TWO YEARS for them to revise the NM DMV form. Maybe we should form a BOL user's group!?

But, etm, they do have a good package. I've used their SBA module and Participation module too. They also have interfaces with most major core platforms that allow you to upload loans, which is great. Also use their e-mailing option for e-mailing loan documents to out of town borrowers and title companies (with borrower permission, of course).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z