Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#458289 - 11/17/05 03:51 PM Wire Transfer Error, UCC 4A, Hold Mail Problems
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Of interest to those with wire transfers, commercially reasonable security procedures, less than one-year liability for notice and hold mail agreements. Especially if you're in NY.

Quote:

The N.Y. court held the notice requirement under article 4A cannot be varied, even when customers make hold-mail agreements with a bank.

Regatos has important implications for the banking industry. Banks should evaluate hold-mail and similar arrangements and consider including a requirement that customers receive periodic notices of account activity.

It appears banks may not use customer agreements to shorten the time of customer notification of unauthorized transfers. Under the N.Y. case, which other courts are likely to follow, the customer gets one year, period.

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#458290 - 11/17/05 05:19 PM Re: Wire Transfer Error, UCC 4A, Hold Mail Problems
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Andy,
You beat me to the punch on this. I was just asked to research this very item this morning.

Return to Top
#458291 - 11/17/05 05:38 PM Re: Wire Transfer Error, UCC 4A, Hold Mail Problems
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Based on the quick read of this one article, changes could be in order in a lot of shops. I hope the reference shortened your research time.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z