Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#538174 - 04/26/06 03:14 PM Re: rain rain go away
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We need some rain over here, like Seriously!!!!

By the way, the Discovery Channel is absolutely Brilliant!

I promise I'll send it your way if it comes!

Are the summer storms down here just awesome or what??? Way too cool!

I love the summer storms down here. They are awesome.

how about the late summer early fall "storms"?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#538175 - 04/26/06 03:14 PM Re: rain rain go away
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

My boyfriend watches the discovery channel ALL THE TIME. I actually learn some interesting things from it

are you dating me?

maybe ?

Return to Top
#538176 - 04/26/06 03:16 PM Re: rain rain go away
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

it was nice to see a Rolling Stone article on global warming. Unfortunately, this article is written in extremists view and seems quite the fearmongering tactic. Yes, many scientists do support the global warming theory but many support the natural cycle theory as well. The problem is humans have to feel a part of something so they would rather take credit for the weather, than just give Mother Nature her due.

Return to Top
#538177 - 04/26/06 03:19 PM Re: rain rain go away
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

We need some rain over here, like Seriously!!!!

By the way, the Discovery Channel is absolutely Brilliant!

I promise I'll send it your way if it comes!

Are the summer storms down here just awesome or what??? Way too cool!

I love the summer storms down here. They are awesome.

how about the late summer early fall "storms"?

Not quite so excited about standing outside in those!! Now if hurricanes had munchkins like tornados......

Return to Top
#538178 - 04/26/06 03:21 PM Re: rain rain go away
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

it was nice to see a Rolling Stone article on global warming. Unfortunately, this article is written in extremists view and seems quite the fearmongering tactic. Yes, many scientists do support the global warming theory but many support the natural cycle theory as well. The problem is humans have to feel a part of something so they would rather take credit for the weather, than just give Mother Nature her due.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. The Discovery Channel presented a theory, other scientists disagree. I don't think it was apt or necessary to call the opposition "fear mongering extremists" but that is your call. This is the type of rhetoric that leads to arguments.

Return to Top
#538179 - 04/26/06 03:26 PM Re: rain rain go away
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Did anybody hear on NPR yesterday the story about Global Dimming? Due to pollution in the atmosphere, less of the sun's rays make it down to the Earth's surface thus causing the Sun's light to be less intense. This occurs mostly in the tropics and near the equator where the sun's rays are most intense. Thus causing a cooling in those areas.

Another new theory: the pollutants emitted by automobiles during the week are what cause rain to come more frequently on weekends.

Return to Top
#538180 - 04/26/06 03:27 PM Re: rain rain go away
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands

Return to Top
#538181 - 04/26/06 03:28 PM Re: rain rain go away
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. The Discovery Channel presented a theory, other scientists disagree. I don't think it was apt or necessary to call the opposition "fear mongering extremists" but that is your call. This is the type of rhetoric that leads to arguments.

I'm not sure if you feel he is entitled to his opinion. Regardless of how you may have felt about his use of "fear mongering extremists" that too is part of his opinion. I think that sometimes you just take things a bit personally. Although I've not been around for very long, I read the posts often. I really think that you seem to take offense where none is warranted. That seems to be where a lot of the issues arise.

Opinion is just that, regardless of how it's expressed.

Return to Top
#538182 - 04/26/06 03:29 PM Re: rain rain go away
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't think it was apt or necessary to call the opposition "fear mongering extremists"

the article comes from a conservation perspective; fear-mongering is propaganda to support this. seems apt to me.

extremists because they say there is only one possible reason/outcome where you acknowledged that both sides have support.

Return to Top
#538183 - 04/26/06 03:30 PM Re: rain rain go away
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

I'm not sure if you feel he is entitled to his opinion. Regardless of how you may have felt about his use of "fear mongering extremists" that too is part of his opinion. I think that sometimes you just take things a bit personally. Although I've not been around for very long, I read the posts often. I really think that you seem to take offense where none is warranted. That seems to be where a lot of the issues arise.

You are certainly entitled to you opinion. Evidently, I'm not entitled to mine.

Return to Top
#538184 - 04/26/06 03:34 PM Re: rain rain go away
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

no one said that. you said that somebody describing a position you do not hold with strong rhetoric could start an argument. who is trying to start the argument really?

Return to Top
#538185 - 04/26/06 03:38 PM Re: rain rain go away
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

no need to lead to arguments, but the slippery slope arguments the author used for the quote "oh sh*t era" you notice he offers no documented facts as support for his statements he just relates whatever he wants to global warming and tries to rationalize it.

Return to Top
#538186 - 04/26/06 03:41 PM Re: rain rain go away
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

I think you missed my point. You most definately are entitle to any opinion at all! It wasn't the opinion part I was speaking of at all. I just have noticed that you often seeme to take offense (personally) to things that are out there. I think it's a feeling thing as opposed to a right or wrong thing.

Not trying to start anything at all - I'd just noticed, that's all.

Return to Top
#538187 - 04/26/06 03:45 PM Re: rain rain go away
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
honestly, think about something MD, how do we know what the temperature was 500 years ago? nobody here was keeping records. you can look at growth rings on trees and so forth, but when they recently said that 4 out of the 5 hottest years on record were in the last 10 years I say how far do your records go? 115 years here. They say we have been in a drougtht the last 10 years, i say nope, it is usually this dry. you just remember a wet cycle. It is all about points of reference. We know throughout its history the Earth has been warmer than it is now on multiple occasions, man wasn't here to cause global warming then but it still happened.

Return to Top
#538188 - 04/26/06 03:45 PM Re: rain rain go away
Texas Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Quote:

Sounds like a winner to me!

Return to Top
#538189 - 04/26/06 03:47 PM Re: rain rain go away
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

I think you missed my point. You most definately are entitle to any opinion at all! It wasn't the opinion part I was speaking of at all. I just have noticed that you often seeme to take offense (personally) to things that are out there. I think it's a feeling thing as opposed to a right or wrong thing.

I think you missed my point. And you don't really know anything about me or my feelings.

Return to Top
#538190 - 04/26/06 03:49 PM Re: rain rain go away
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

There was a post devoted recently to people being too critical of SP. I thought it was pointless and read very little of it. At least now I feel like I understand what it was all about. Muck somone else's opinion with an inflammatory term like "fear mongering extremists" and then take this passive agressive stance when your opinion is questioned? Please. I'm with them.

Captain Compliance

Return to Top
#538191 - 04/26/06 03:51 PM Re: rain rain go away
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
HEY SP, we going to debate global warming or what?

Return to Top
#538192 - 04/26/06 03:51 PM Re: rain rain go away
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Singin in the rain... Singin in the rain...

come on everyone... Sing with me... Let's play in the rain...

Return to Top
#538193 - 04/26/06 03:52 PM Re: rain rain go away
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

I think you missed my point. And you don't really know anything about me or my feelings.

Guess so - my bad

Return to Top
#538194 - 04/26/06 03:52 PM Re: rain rain go away
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Food for thought.

Global Warming

Gracious, SP - this was a post about the weather! Must everything become a political argument for you?

Confused Banker

Return to Top
#538195 - 04/26/06 03:53 PM Re: rain rain go away
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

HEY SP, we going to debate global warming or what?

No thanks, it's turning into the usual personal attack crap.

Return to Top
#538196 - 04/26/06 03:55 PM Re: rain rain go away
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Hey Search, where do you see any rain? That was yesterday for about 5 minutes and we missed it.

Return to Top
#538197 - 04/26/06 03:56 PM Re: rain rain go away
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
very well.

Return to Top
#538198 - 04/26/06 03:59 PM Re: rain rain go away
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are in desperate need of moisture here in NM. We are in serious drought conditions and fire danger. We basically had no moisture this past winter, so I hope the spring and summer are a lot kinder to us!

==LadyLuck

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4