Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#570760 - 06/21/06 12:55 PM Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Am I the only person watching this show? I love it and was so glad Stella got the boot last night. I didn't think she was funny at all. My favorites are Roz and Chris Porter.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#570761 - 06/21/06 01:20 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree, SP. I did not find Stella funny at all. She shouldnt have even been there. I liked both Michell and April, so it was hard to see April go.

As for the heckling, all Roz did was swear-Shut the ... up...b... I like her routine, but the heckling wasn't very original. I'm not sure why Joey kept quiet during the his heckling portion-

Return to Top
#570762 - 06/21/06 01:21 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love this show, but I was pretty ticked off they chose the comics they did. They were chosen more for those that would cause the most chaos or drama while living together then who really is the funniest comic. For that reason, I was *thrilled* when Stella was voted off. She was not funny and the only reason she was on the show was for her great, big mouth.

I love Josh and Roz. "I don't got jokes; I got problems!"

Suzy

Return to Top
#570763 - 06/21/06 01:29 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree, Suzy. Some of the ones not picked, I liked alot. I guess there are different types of humor-as with any of these reality shows, it is edited so much, it is hard to tell how they really did. As an example, the guy who looked like Hank Hill (he didn't make the final 12) I liked his original routine, but at the next round, I thought his delivery wasn't good.

Certainly, part of the process was picking personality, not necessarily talent.

Return to Top
#570764 - 06/21/06 01:41 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I missed it last night, but I am REALLY glad that Stella is gone. There was no reason for her to be there at all! They left some funny people behind to let her in.

Return to Top
#570765 - 06/21/06 01:42 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I'm not sure why Joey kept quiet during the his heckling portion-

He had the hots for April? That's my guess!

My favorites are Josh Blue and Gabriel Inglesias.

Return to Top
#570766 - 06/21/06 01:55 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I missed it last night, but I am REALLY glad that Stella is gone. There was no reason for her to be there at all! They left some funny people behind to let her in.

I agree. I missed the second elimination round (Indians game on NBC - grrrr) but some of those people were great in the first round and I just never thought Stella had the chops to hang with the big boys.

Return to Top
#570767 - 06/21/06 03:13 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Great show. I agree, they pick people for personality and possible conflict as much as they do for talent. A lot of good comics were left behind. I liked April in past shows, but she wasn't quite as good last night. I didn't really like the heckling thing, but oh well.

I don't get the appeal of Roz, she has crazy hair, is loud, and swears a lot, but her stuff isn't that funny to me. I think Josh Blue will tough to beat, he is really funny, and who is going to want to challenge him??

Return to Top
#570768 - 06/21/06 03:20 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Maybe it's because I'm a woman, but I think Roz is hysterical. I love that she doesn't do "relationship" stuff. Josh Blue is really good, too, but I don't think he'll make it to the end.

Return to Top
#570769 - 06/21/06 03:26 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
It will be interesting to see the "new material" they use as the contest goes on. I would also expect the amount of time for each routine will increase, making it more difficult.

I think Roz is pretty good, but I don't knwo if I could take a whole routine of the loudness...

Gabriel is funny, but show some cajones and pick someone you think you can beat, not just a random name...

Return to Top
#570770 - 06/21/06 04:04 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Anonymous
Unregistered

LOVE Kathy Griffin as a judge!

Return to Top
#570771 - 06/21/06 04:15 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Personally, I think Roz is a foul mouthed piece of crap who isn't funny at all. She wins the heckling contest because she can cuss? STUPID!

Return to Top
#570772 - 06/21/06 04:29 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Personally, I think Roz is a foul mouthed piece of crap who isn't funny at all. She wins the heckling contest because she can cuss? STUPID!

Don't hold back, Bengals Fan! Tell us how you really feel! I like her and I'm really impressed by her back story.

I think Roz is funny but I like Josh even more. When Kathy Griffin asked him why he wanted to do stand up and he said he didn't think he had a choice; what's he gonna do - direct traffic and then started to flail his arms around, I cracked up!

But most of the people that I found the funniest, didn't make the cut. I really, really liked Nikki, the lady with the speech impediment and Doug - Benson, I think his last name is? He's on VH1 and makes some pretty hilarious comments about pop culture - along with Bill Dwyer, who did make the cut, so who can figure this dang thing out?!

Suzy

Return to Top
#570773 - 06/21/06 04:35 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

Don't hold back, Bengals Fan! Tell us how you really feel! I like her and I'm really impressed by her back story.

I think Roz is funny but I like Josh even more. When Kathy Griffin asked him why he wanted to do stand up and he said he didn't think he had a choice; what's he gonna do - direct traffic and then started to flail his arms around, I cracked up!

But most of the people that I found the funniest, didn't make the cut. I really, really liked Nikki, the lady with the speech impediment and Doug - Benson, I think his last name is? He's on VH1 and makes some pretty hilarious comments about pop culture - along with Bill Dwyer, who did make the cut, so who can figure this dang thing out?!

Suzy

I agree, Suzy-there were several I liked that didn't make it-Nikki was funny, the blond girl that referenced her "shopaholic" mother, (she buys a lot of alcohol), the guy that talked about the high gas costs..

Return to Top
#570774 - 06/22/06 03:33 AM Re: Last Comic Standing
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Just watched the yesterday's episode. Loved the match-ups for the heckling - they all made good pairs. Love my boy Blue - hope he wins, but I'm afraid SweatPeas is right, he probably won't. My money is on Chris Porter or Bill Dwyer.

Return to Top
#570775 - 06/22/06 01:02 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Just watched the yesterday's episode. Loved the match-ups for the heckling - they all made good pairs. Love my boy Blue - hope he wins, but I'm afraid SweatPeas is right, he probably won't. My money is on Chris Porter or Bill Dwyer.

I think Blue is going to be hard to beat. The whole "handicap" thing will work in his favor as the show goes on and people realize how significant the disease he has is to overcome.

Return to Top
#570776 - 06/22/06 01:55 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I think he's very funny, and not that "OK I'll laugh at the guy so he feels good about himself" kind of funny, but Bill Dwyer, Chris Porter, Roz and Gabriel Iglesias are funnier. Of course that's just my opinion. Different people respond to different kinds of humor. I love Denis Leary and Lewis Black, others don't.

Return to Top
#570777 - 06/22/06 02:15 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

I think he's very funny, and not that "OK I'll laugh at the guy so he feels good about himself" kind of funny, but Bill Dwyer, Chris Porter, Roz and Gabriel Iglesias are funnier. Of course that's just my opinion. Different people respond to different kinds of humor. I love Denis Leary and Lewis Black, others don't.

I love Dennis Leary too. You watch Rescue Me?

Return to Top
#570778 - 06/22/06 02:39 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

I don't get Dwyer at all. I can't stand Roz at all. Chris Porter is funny, and Gabriel Inglesias is my second favorite on the show.

Return to Top
#570779 - 06/28/06 12:31 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I thought the radio bits last night were all pretty lame. Many of them couldn't come up with something funny to say for one minute? Give me a break. And I definitely thought Kristin did the best from what they showed and should have won immunity.

I completely agreed with the audience vote on the two eliminated (Joey and Bill) and the two staying (Chris and Michele), but I thought Michele did the best job, not Chris. Good episode - we got to see a lot of each of the 4 performers in the head to head, so we could get a better feel for their comedic talent.

The previews for next episode (two weeks from last night) look good. The challenge looks like a roast of Gabriel. And that's a LOT of roast, buddy.

Return to Top
#570780 - 06/28/06 12:36 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I agreed with the voting last night. Chris and Michele were definitely the best and I thought Chris was funnier than Michele. Should be interesting next time with the roast.

Return to Top
#570781 - 06/28/06 12:40 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I liked Joey, but he didn't have a good routine last night. I agree on Chris and Michelle moving on-Bill had his moments, but wasn't impressive.
From the radio bits they showed, I liked josh's bit as well as Kristins. I didn't think Rebecca deserved the immunity. I still think Gabriel needs to grow a pair and pick someone during the voting-not just randomly choose someone.

Return to Top
#570782 - 06/28/06 01:11 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I liked Joey, but he didn't have a good routine last night. I agree on Chris and Michelle moving on-Bill had his moments, but wasn't impressive.
From the radio bits they showed, I liked josh's bit as well as Kristins. I didn't think Rebecca deserved the immunity. I still think Gabriel needs to grow a pair and pick someone during the voting-not just randomly choose someone.

Are you so sure Gabriel isn't picking someone? Perhaps that's part of his game; to "not pick anyone" and when he wants to target someone, put only their name in the hat, or just say the name while drawing blank pieces of paper. Don't be fooled, this guy isn't playing.

Personally, I don't get Michelle. I don't care for the content of Chris Porter's comedy but it was amusing.

As far as the radio skits, the only one I liked was the skinny girl who did the bit about who's reading knitting today!

Return to Top
#570783 - 06/28/06 01:17 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agreed with the vote although I really liked Bill. Bill's problem is his routine is more family-oriented, and laid-back. Kind of a Dad routine. That's tough to compete against in front of those types of crowds when the other routines are drugs, sex, and rock 'n roll. The other comics had much edgier stuff. I think Bill is really funny but he didn't come across that way. I think Joey just came across as a bit too desperate and loud.

I think Rebecca will be the next to go and she's lucky to get immunity last night. She's kind of the "one-note Johnny" with all the rest. I have to admit though, when she's all hunkered down, flinging her legs around, it cracks me up every time. She's like a demented leprachaun.

Suzy

Return to Top
#570784 - 06/28/06 01:19 PM Re: Last Comic Standing
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Hey, what about crotch ball? I laughed so hard. My friend Kirsten and I were rolling and every once in a while Kir would just mutter "crotch ball" and we'd start laughing all over again.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5