Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#578650 - 07/03/06 03:51 PM INVOICE FROM TITLE COMPANY FOR PURCHASE OF HOME
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
During an exam last year an examiner told us that we had to have an invoice from the title company that broke down all the fees they were charging our customer. This is above and beyond the copy of the settlement statement we get. Usually our title companies only forward a copy of the invoice with the fee for our title insurance.(which they collect for.) It doesn't include the doc prep fees, etc, etc. Well, what I am wondering is if other banks are required to this and how they handle the situation? Other banks in our area say they've never been told this or heard of it and the title companies are not happy about having to provide the info. Any input?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#578651 - 07/03/06 04:23 PM Re: INVOICE FROM TITLE COMPANY FOR PURCHASE OF HOME
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
To the best of my knowledge there is no requirement, regulatory or otherwise that requires the title company to break down their fee. They can lump sum bill you for all their charges; and RESPA's Appendix A gives instructions how to disclose those charges.

Return to Top
#578652 - 07/03/06 04:38 PM Re: INVOICE FROM TITLE COMPANY FOR PURCHASE OF HOME
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
We don't require a seperate invoice. We have a couple of settlement agents that do include an invoice with the closed package, but it is not something we have asked for.
Last edited by sox in '04; 07/03/06 04:38 PM.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z