Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#594759 - 08/10/06 07:05 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Well, I don't believe you. You goaded me into answering, I answered. That was my mistake.

i "goaded" you by asking the basis of your opinion this morning? or was the "goading" when i tried to explain that asking the basis of an opinion is completely reasonable?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#594760 - 08/10/06 08:43 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let it go Ron. Everyone is out to get her, and we all know because she tells us in every thread.

Return to Top
#594761 - 08/10/06 08:47 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, she was right, wasn't she? The minute she stated her opinion she got jumped on. Hard to make her believe no one is going to hurt her when they do so with such consistency.

Return to Top
#594762 - 08/10/06 08:47 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, there's the SPADL.

Return to Top
#594763 - 08/10/06 08:48 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Well, she was right, wasn't she? The minute she stated her opinion she got jumped on. Hard to make her believe no one is going to hurt her when they do so with such consistency.

No, she was wrong and so were you. She was jumped on earlier for not giving an opinion. Re-read the thread and make a relevant post.

Return to Top
#594764 - 08/10/06 08:52 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

No, she was wrong and so were you. She was jumped on earlier for not giving an opinion. Re-read the thread and make a relevant post.

First, she was told repeatedly that she wasn't being jumped on, so thanks for admitting she was.

Second, she was jumped on (again) after she stated her opinion. Perhaps it's you that needs to read.

Return to Top
#594765 - 08/11/06 10:51 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
The news reported today that Lamont's daughter voted in the primary. Only she wasn't eligible because she wasn't as registered Democrat.

Interestingly, Lieberman's web site was brought down by a denial of service attack on the eve of the primary. The FBI is investigating.

Those of you who do not live in the Land of Steady Habits probably did not hear the Lamont campaign ad in which people on the street are asked to make comments about Lieberman. Throughout the radio ad words are bleeped by horns, sirens and other street sounds to cover obvious vulgarities. At the conclusion you hear, "My name is Ned Lamont and I approved this ad"!

Scurilous!

Return to Top
#594766 - 08/11/06 10:52 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do you think the result would have been different of the primary was held next week, given the recent terror alert?

Alien

Return to Top
#594767 - 08/11/06 11:40 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
I am sure this point could be debated. However, the issue seems to have been more of an anti-Bush than an anti-Lieberman vote. Consider the Michael Moore statement the next day. It would appear the extreme left of the party is sending messages to Hillary and others who may have moved more toward the center in their quest for re-election or higher office.

Return to Top
#594768 - 08/12/06 12:00 AM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alien: It may be worse for him now. Lieberman didn't help himself by his statement about the bombing plot in which he attempted to connect the Iraq war with al Qaeda. Even if you are one of the people that believes that there was such a connection, you would have to agree that trotting out the "Iraq and al Qaeda connection" would not help win a Democratic primary!

Return to Top
#594769 - 08/12/06 03:13 AM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do not think that anything would have been different. The sides are set. Be prepared to be sliced to ribbons. People think the atmosphere will change with a change of parties? Nothing could be further from the truth. You raised the stakes, you live with the results.

Return to Top
#594770 - 08/17/06 10:30 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
The Quinnipiac Pole released today, the first since the primary gives Liberman a 53 to 41 percent lead over Lamont with Schlessinger at about 4 percent. Run Joe Run!

Return to Top
#594771 - 08/18/06 04:03 PM show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lieberman's Likely Win Will Be Embarrassing for Democrats
Thursday, August 17, 2006
By John Gibson

Michael Moore and left-wing bloggers were all atwitter last week when they could gloat over Ned Lamont beating Joe Lieberman in the Connecticut Democratic primary.

The flagship of the far left on the Internet, the Daily Kos, demanded Lieberman be kicked off all committees in the Senate immediately and all Democrats be forced to vow to support Lamont immediately.

Michael Moore wrote an open letter to Democrats who voted for the war. Either recant your vote, disavow your pro-war stance, or else. He specifically threatened Hillary Clinton.

Look at what happened to Lieberman they crowed. We targeted him because of his war vote and we can target you. Be afraid, be very afraid.

I called them the Pol Pots of the far left, the Khmer Rouge. I said they wanted a mountain of skulls. People said I was being excessive.

Perhaps, but no more excessive that the braying lefties screeching at any war supporters, I thought.

Then today, news that Michael Moore and the Daily Kos and the others may have spoken too soon.

The Quinnipiac poll says Connecticut voters actually favor Lieberman in the general election — running as an independent — over Democrat Lamont by 11 points.

Among Republicans, Lieberman has a 62-point lead over Lamont. And among independents, Lieberman has a 22-point lead over Lamont.

This poll director said: "Senator Lieberman's support among Republicans is nothing short of amazing. It more than offsets what he has lost among Democrats."

This is going to be embarrassing for Democrats this fall. Lieberman was supposed to go away quietly, chastised by his party for wanting to regime change Saddam.

Instead it looks like he's going to beat the anti-war Democrat.

Return to Top
#594772 - 08/18/06 04:26 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Subsequent Rasmussen poll shows Lieberman's lead much slimmer -- 46 to 41, with the republican at 6. Interesting how Fox ignored that one (Fair and Balanced ).

Return to Top
#594773 - 08/18/06 04:35 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, the Rasmussen poll was released August 12; the Quinnipiac poll was released August 17.

Return to Top
#594774 - 08/18/06 04:37 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Actually, the Rasmussen poll was released August 12; the Quinnipiac poll was released August 17.

oooh TICT funny how you missed that one.

Return to Top
#594775 - 08/18/06 04:37 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rasmussen poll was conducted August 9-10; Quinnipiac was conducted August 10-14.

Return to Top
#594776 - 08/18/06 04:45 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why aren't the Republicans supporting the Republican candidate? Is it just an attempt to embarass Democrats by electing a politician that they feel "out-Republicans" their own Rebublican candidate? Do we really want our elections to be reduced to a playground pushing match with Machiavelian overtones?

Am I the only one sick of this? Has anyone ever submitted a post consisting of only questions before?

Suzy

Return to Top
#594777 - 08/18/06 04:48 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Why aren't the Republicans supporting the Republican candidate?

Probably because, like all voters, they have to make a strategic decision about how to elect the candidate closest to their own views, by casting their vote for a candidate who has a chance to win.

Return to Top
#594778 - 08/18/06 04:53 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
The Republican candidate (Schlessinger)is a nobody and could not win an election for dog catcher. Lieberman enjoys a very good reputation among independent and Republican voters.

Return to Top
#594779 - 08/18/06 05:05 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are you saying there is no loyalty in politics? The Republicans will throw one of their own "under the bus" in order to win the election? Heaven forbid!

Suzy

Return to Top
#594780 - 08/18/06 05:07 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suzy, how about the Republicans actually like Lieberman? Isn't this how one gets elected in the first place. If everyone voted down party lines then it would hard to elect anyone at the polls. The politicians would be elected at the voter registration office.

Return to Top
#594781 - 08/18/06 05:15 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sure, anon, I can see that the Republicans really like Lieberman. I cannot stand the thought of voting strictly along party lines. I think everyone should exam the issues and the nominees and vote from their hearts. I just didn't think the "parties" thought that way. I think Chuck Hagel might have some idea of what it's like to speak outside the party line and the reaction that he'll receive. Lieberman is certainly seeing first-hand what it's like.

Suzy

Return to Top
#594782 - 08/18/06 05:21 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suzy, Lieberman is sticking up for what he believes and is actually a hero in my book. He has not given into Michael Moore's agenda and won't be pushed around like Hilary to bowing to her voters or whatever popular opinion is. But that does not count for much.

Return to Top
#594783 - 08/18/06 05:42 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

The Republicans will throw one of their own "under the bus" in order to win the election?

If they throw "one of their own" under the bus, how are the Republicans "winning" by electing an independent who will continue to caucus with the Democrats?

Return to Top
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5