Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#64793 - 03/03/03 03:35 PM OFAC - Philippines
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
We use bridger systems to perform OFAC screening and we just encountered hits being reported for the Philippines. However, when search the list, at ofaccompliance.com and at OFAC itself (both sanction program summary and SDN list), I cannot find the Philippines listed as a blocked nation.

Has anyone else had similar problem? Am I missing where Philippines is sanctioned?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#64794 - 03/03/03 03:58 PM Re: OFAC - Philippines
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
The Philippines is not under OFAC sanctions. However, it seems to me that they might have at least been listed in the past as being on the list of non-cooperative countries for BSA regulations. That might be what's prompting your hit with Bridger. Usually the hit report from Bridger will tell you why something hit as a match - what does your report tell you?

Return to Top
#64795 - 03/03/03 03:59 PM Re: OFAC - Philippines
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Philippines are NOT a country subject to OFAC sanctions. They are, however, on the FATF NCCT list. Transactions involving NCCT list countries should be subjected to enhanced scrutiny for possible money laundering. No reporting is necessary.

Return to Top
#64796 - 03/03/03 05:11 PM Re: OFAC - Philippines
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Thank you so much for your quick response.

Return to Top
#64797 - 03/04/03 12:10 AM Re: OFAC - Philippines
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado
The Philippines also has an organization that has several AKA's and the founder is also listed. The organization is The Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP), akas New Peoples Army (NPA), the founder is Jose Maria Sison aka Armando Liwinag (living in The Netherlands).

Return to Top