Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#66401 - 03/10/03 04:52 PM Branch Security Review
Anonymous
Unregistered

How many banks have teller stations that have bullet-resistant teller counters or equipped with under-counter steel? Is this an industry standard?

Should all clear signals be changed frequently? If so, why?

How many banks have height reference markers installed at each teller station indicating counter height? Again, is this an industry standard?

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#66402 - 03/10/03 05:24 PM Re: Branch Security Review
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Anonymous, are you trying to scope out a branch for a robbery, or are you trying to protect it?

Return to Top
#66403 - 03/10/03 05:27 PM Re: Branch Security Review
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Agreed, you won't get many bankers volunteering this information here. However, your second and third issues have no cost, so what's the beef?

Return to Top
#66404 - 03/10/03 06:31 PM Re: Branch Security Review
AnnRoy Offline
Platinum Poster
AnnRoy
South
I inadvertently wasn't logged in when I typed that post...sorry! I'm not a security expert nor a security officer.The branch security review checklist from BOL tools is thorough. I'm currently conducting that review from an audit perspective and just wanted feedback on those particular questions (that were listed on that checklist).

I'm not looking for "secrets"........just general information.

If there's an ambush signal, is there a need to change the all clear signal? I've heard of height reference markers on the doors but not at the teller counters....again, just wondering if any banks have the height markers installed also at the teller counters.

I welcome PMs or phone calls (318-254-7411) if you wish to speak privately. THANKS!

Return to Top
#66405 - 03/10/03 08:06 PM Re: Branch Security Review
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

I'm not looking for "secrets"........just general information.

Doors, yes, counters: for what purpose?

All clear needs to be changed periodically, just to keep employees more aware, but if you have a parameter alarm, motion detectors, glass breakage, and cameras all in place during off hours there is no need to change the all clear.

This stuff is not secret, but your policy/procedure is secret, sort of. It's actually real easy to detect an all clear signal as they are normally real obvious activity each a.m.

Return to Top
#66406 - 03/11/03 02:37 PM Re: Branch Security Review
Barry Thompson Offline
100 Club
Barry Thompson
Oswego, New York, United State...
The all clear signal needs to be changed at regular intervals especially when a location has frequent staff turnover. People who formally worked for you have no problems telling stories about the signal.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z