Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#752152 - 06/13/07 02:36 PM Member FDIC and website
MarieR Offline
Platinum Poster
I posted this in the marketing form with no luck, so I thought I would try here.

In a recent IT audit, the auditor told IT that the "Member FDIC" needed to be put where it would print out on the page if someone printed that page. Our IT person had been under the impression that the "Member FDIC" needed to be where it could be seen with out scrolling down. (I think this difference changed how she has our site set-up). I am not in IT, but was asked to look into this. Could someone point me in the right direction to find the requirement, if there is one? Thanks

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#752791 - 06/13/07 10:28 PM Re: Member FDIC and website MarieR
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The FDIC says it has to be there. Why wouldn't it print? There may be options to print "the page" or selected text. I think by allowing it to print when the whole page is selected is good enough. I haven't seen anything that said it had to print.

The FDIC and NCUA consider every insured depository institution's online system top-level page, or "home page", to be an advertisement. Therefore, according to these agencies' interpretation of their rules, financial institutions subject to the regulations should display the official advertising statement on their home pages unless subject to one of the exceptions described under the regulations. Furthermore, each subsidiary page of an online system that contains an advertisement should display the official advertising statement unless subject to one of the exceptions described under the regulations. Additional information about the FDIC's interpretation can be found in the Federal Register, Volume 62, Page 6145, dated February 11, 1997. (This came from a proposal.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#753864 - 06/15/07 12:59 PM Re: Member FDIC and website MarieR
MikeJ Offline
MikeJ
MA
The "Member FDIC" takes up so little room so why not just place it in the footer of every page of the site? As long as you are not using frames, it'll print fine. Check out another bank (i.e. BOA) and see what they are doing.

Return to Top
#754335 - 06/15/07 07:08 PM Re: Member FDIC and website MikeJ
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Don't make a general "all page" comment if you have or will have non deposit investment products. That would be the prohibition.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#754394 - 06/15/07 07:55 PM Re: Member FDIC and website Andy_Z
MikeJ Offline
MikeJ
MA
Very true Andy...

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z