Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#80695 - 05/15/03 08:20 PM CTR - Reporting "Correct" Address
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
It's been a while since I've posted here. I've got way too many things going on. I hope everyone's doing well. Anyway, did you ever think you had something down pat and then all of a sudden someone questions you and after you look more closely you begin to wonder whether you're right or wrong? Read on...

I've been trying to find any official guidance regarding what might be considered the "correct" address to report on a CTR for a domestic business.

The instructions simply say, "Enter the permanent street address including zip code of the person identified in Item 2."

My question is: What address must we use when a local store of a chain (for example, a discount retailer or a gas station) conducts a reportable transaction? Are we supposed to use the local address, the headquarters address, both addresses, or pick one?

Does anyone know of any written interpretive guidance from FinCEN, IRS, or bank regulators as to what address to use?

Many thanks in advance!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#80696 - 05/16/03 01:21 PM Re: CTR - Reporting "Correct" Address
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Sorry I don't remember the source -- maybe the instruction sheet to the CTR -- IRS stated that for multiple locations, the corporate address or any one of the locations could be used.

Return to Top
#80697 - 05/16/03 09:57 PM Re: CTR - Reporting "Correct" Address
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Thanks, Lois. It's not in the CTR instructions, but it's nice to know that, perhaps, I'm not as crazy as I suppose myself to be!

Return to Top