Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#871043 - 12/12/07 02:10 PM Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!!
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/articles/07/IncomeMobility.htm

Dr. Williams uses hard data from a study of low and moderate income people following them for 10 years. Guess what, there is no class warfare, no income disparity equal to the rhetoric we hear from some politicians.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#871071 - 12/12/07 02:32 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Pale Rider
CheshireAliCat Offline
100 Club
NJ
Good to know. Where's my raise?

Return to Top
#871082 - 12/12/07 02:39 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! CheshireAliCat
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Not all, I may be getting the ax today. Will keep you posted.

(Bank merger)

Return to Top
#871083 - 12/12/07 02:40 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Nanwa
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
good luck Nan...if you get the ax, it just means you can head south earlier this year

Return to Top
#871149 - 12/12/07 03:32 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! HappyGilmore
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Someone should tell that to my company and my wife's company. No raises in the 2008 budget for either company.

Return to Top
#871172 - 12/12/07 03:54 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! straw
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Yeah, no raises OR bonuses for anyone who stays through the merger. The meeting is not scheduled until late this PM, so I'll let you know tommorrow.

Funny, I will clock OT to find out I am canned!

Return to Top
#871176 - 12/12/07 03:55 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Nanwa
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well they obviously didn't talk to everyone since mine is not on the rise, not has it been over the last 5 years.

Return to Top
#871202 - 12/12/07 04:13 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!!
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Mergers are crummy.
Hang in there Nanwa.

Return to Top
#871501 - 12/12/07 06:13 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! pjs
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Income is on the rise, meanwhile our net worth erodes in both the stock market and the real estate market.

Return to Top
#871505 - 12/12/07 06:15 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Nanwa
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Nanwa
Yeah, no raises OR bonuses for anyone who stays through the merger. The meeting is not scheduled until late this PM, so I'll let you know tommorrow.

Funny, I will clock OT to find out I am canned!

No stay bonus, no severance; no golden handshake from your current employer - what kind of deal is this!!!!

Return to Top
#871506 - 12/12/07 06:16 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! The Incredible ComplyGuy
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy
Income is on the rise, meanwhile our net worth erodes in both the stock market and the real estate market.

come to Texas, house values are still rising and my 401(k) is way up since the tech bubble correction

Return to Top
#871519 - 12/12/07 06:24 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Pale Rider
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
louisiana as well...

Return to Top
#871526 - 12/12/07 06:32 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! HappyGilmore
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
And yet HRC wants to retain the inheritance tax as a means to get rid of the growing disparity and to uphold the bias in the USA against inherited wealth. I, for one, was unaware of the bias against inherited wealth. The greatest growth in this country occurred before the impostion of personal income taxes. However, we won't be getting rid of income taxes and allow us all to actually get richer and provide for ourselves because we have to fund the social programs and various conflicts in which we find ourselves embroiled.

What happened to the bias toward an independent spirit and personal responsibilty? If a wealthy individual doesn't want their kids to inherit - that person can always leave the money to some charitable cause s/he favors.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#871571 - 12/12/07 07:00 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! The Incredible ComplyGuy
Jokerman Offline
10K Club

That's odd - since 2002 the net worth of US households has increased 44.5%. Sounds like someone made some bad picks.

Return to Top
#871573 - 12/12/07 07:06 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! The Incredible ComplyGuy
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey

Hmmm. No raise, no bonus the last two years for me. House value is probably below 2005 value, but way up from what I bought it at. Investment portfolio doing very well, thank you.

Return to Top
#871575 - 12/12/07 07:07 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Pale Rider
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Unfortunately, three of the board members are greedy SOBs, two are yes men. The only one with integrity is the bank president, but he has been voted down by these shmucks at every turn.

It is their greed that says no bonuses - it would lower their stock value.

Return to Top
#871673 - 12/12/07 08:26 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Jokerman
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb

That's odd - since 2002 the net worth of US households has increased 44.5%. Sounds like someone made some bad picks.

Do you include the $33,000 each person in your household owes as their fair share of the deficit? I'm doing fairly well personally, but I agree that the relative value of the dollar, and everyone's corresponding wealth has eroded over time.

Return to Top
#871707 - 12/12/07 08:51 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Jokerman
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia

Well my net worth is up over 2002 as well, but the last couple years have not been stellar. Also, 44.5% in 5 years is a 7.6% annualized growth rate, considering incomes are up considerably (including mine) I don't consider 7.6% per year anything to get excited about. If one's home even increased 4% per year in value, and you had 33% equity in it, that portion alone would be up 12%.

Return to Top
#871772 - 12/12/07 09:28 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! The Incredible ComplyGuy
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
You are so predictable. First, complain that net worth is eroding. When proved that it isn't, you complain that 7.6% CAGR is too low. Then, you make absolutely no sense in your discussion of home value appreciation. (Does your mortgage loan increase based on your residence's market value?)

Return to Top
#871786 - 12/12/07 09:33 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! FBH
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Originally Posted By: Fightin BlueHen

Do you include the $33,000 each person in your household owes as their fair share of the deficit? I'm doing fairly well personally, but I agree that the relative value of the dollar, and everyone's corresponding wealth has eroded over time.

Have you received a bill for the 33000.00? I haven't. Sounds like a red herring to me.

Return to Top
#872016 - 12/13/07 01:39 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! Blade Scrapper
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
Originally Posted By: Swimware

Have you received a bill for the 33000.00? I haven't. Sounds like a red herring to me.

Hmmm, let me see...Have I received the bill? The bill...Oh yes, here it is. It's called the ridiculous budget deficit this country is running!!! WE THE PEOPLE don't print the money the federal reserve and our government uses to spend recklessly, but when the bill comes due, expect our leaders to throw the constitution back in our faces by saying WE THE PEOPLE have to pay this back - through increased taxes on income that is already being devalued through inflationary money policy!

It's funny, you'll be squeezed from both sides: increased taxes to pay for our leader's reckless spending habits, and increased prices for everything due to inflation.

The fact the people aren't rioting in the streets over this astounds me! But then again, that might interrupt American Idol.
Last edited by Fightin BlueHen; 12/13/07 01:41 PM.

Return to Top
#872019 - 12/13/07 01:41 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! FBH
kms Offline
Power Poster
kms
God Bless America
Well tell Ron Paul(isnt he your guy?) to get on the fair tax thing, then wages will rise.

Return to Top
#872020 - 12/13/07 01:42 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! FBH
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:
WE THE PEOPLE don't print the money the federal reserves using to spend recklessly

I wasn't aware the Federal Reserve was recklessly spending money. In fact, they turn over about $22 billion in excess revenue to the US Treasury every year

Return to Top
#872025 - 12/13/07 01:47 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! kms
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
I don't know if he's the end all answer, but he's already starting to reshape the debates, similar Perot did in '92.

Personally, I think the US need to not re-elect every public official for a period of 20 years or so. Make politicians worry about their jobs a little so they actually do something!

Politics are starting to become family businesses. Joe Biden's son recently won public office in Delaware, I expect him to replace his father whenever Joe decides to step down. How's that for job security? A lifetime sucking the public teet, then passing it on to your kids.

So two things: Google Ron Paul & No Encumbents in 2008!!

Return to Top
#872045 - 12/13/07 02:02 PM Re: Income is on the rise for all!!!!!!!! FBH
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Hmmm, let me see...Have I received the bill? The bill...Oh yes, here it is. It's called the ridiculous budget deficit this country is running!!! WE THE PEOPLE don't print the money the federal reserve and our government uses to spend recklessly, but when the bill comes due, expect our leaders to throw the constitution back in our faces by saying WE THE PEOPLE have to pay this back - through increased taxes on income that is already being devalued through inflationary money policy!

Whether it's borrowed or taxed, it's still spending that is coming out of the private economy - either out of paychecks or out of the capital markets. It's the spending that's the problem, not financing it.

And, I know this is futile, but can you please explain to me how the Federal Reserve is to be criticized for inflation that has fallen below 2%? In the early 90's, it was more than double that. It reached a cycle peak of about 2.5% eighteen months or so ago, and has been on the decline since. Just how much deflation do you want, Hen?

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2