BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#910443 - 02/26/08 04:54 PM Tuesday HMDA funny
Happy Birthday RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Thought y'all would enjoy this one.

Upon requesting that one of our LO's submit a HMDA input form and GMI form for a loan that was missing both, I got the following suggestion from the loan assistant who was apparently assigned the task:

Quote:
why do we need to do the separate GMI when the HMDA asks for the same info? Is this a government rule?
Since the HMDA requires the same info regarding race/ethnicity/sex as the GMI, it seems to be a duplication of info.
If no HMDA needed, then I see why, but if HMDA is required, it should take the place of both forms.

I have to laugh...othwise I'll scream and start throwing things.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#910471 - 02/26/08 05:11 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Becca
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
It's amazing the things people will come up with. A year or so ago I had a retail banker propose that we eliminate the request for ethnicity because most of his customers were hispanic, and if we just made that a choice under the race category it would be so much easier. He even took the time to re-do that section of the application to show us how it would work.

Return to Top
#910512 - 02/26/08 05:39 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny hmdagal
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
Doesn't it make you feel like a complete failure as a trainer? It gets so frustrating. We made the decision for our bank to always use loan date as action date on originated loans. I've gotten many input sheets using ROR date or funding date or who knows what date on refinances and they act like they've never heard of using the note date. When I pull out the handy reference card I so made for them, they stare at it like its an alien.....ARGHH

Return to Top
#910523 - 02/26/08 05:49 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny MyKidsMom
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
LOL!!! As I said in my earlier post on a question...it's like living in a HMDA DUNGEON!!! We have had to deal with some of the same issues! I feel like I've turned into another (much worse) person since January crunch time (even though we look at these quarterly)! I'm even dreaming about HMDA issues! I will be so glad to have March 1st behind me!

It's nice to know I'm not alone....no disrespect to anybody!!!! LOL!!!

Return to Top
#910620 - 02/26/08 07:03 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny KTMiteComply
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
I'm sorry, but ya'll HAVE to see the comment to me from RRBecca regarding the above "funny".

"Ugh...I swear sometimes these people think I pick on them for the fun of it. Like *I* want more paper to keep up with?!?!"

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#910657 - 02/26/08 07:28 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny KTMiteComply
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Originally Posted By: kaytee
LOL!!! As I said in my earlier post on a question...it's like living in a HMDA DUNGEON!!! We have had to deal with some of the same issues! I feel like I've turned into another (much worse) person since January crunch time (even though we look at these quarterly)! I'm even dreaming about HMDA issues! I will be so glad to have March 1st behind me!

It's nice to know I'm not alone....no disrespect to anybody!!!! LOL!!!

Misery loves company...it nice to know that other people share the same frustration!!

Thanks for sharing the funny RR B

Return to Top
#910940 - 02/27/08 01:41 AM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Becca
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Like I said in my other HMDA post today, my brain is on rum withdrawal so that may be why I don't get this.

Isn't the person asking why they have to do a seperate GMI form when the GMI information is on the HMDA form? If so, then, as scary as this sounds, the question makes sense to me. Why would you need both forms if the GMI info is on both?

Now to about face, we have a computer conversion going on. Today was my second day on the new computer. Guess what they didn't bring over from my old computer? Yup! HMDADES. Not only that, my paths to export from our loan system to HMDADES also disappeared. Ah, it was a lovely day today thanks to the wonders of modern technology!!!

Return to Top
#911020 - 02/27/08 01:52 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny Truffle Royale
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
TR - I hope your rum withdrawal is better today!

The short version of the explanation is: the GMI form is for the file, the HMDA form is for me (internal only) because the silly girl forgot to load the loan on the reporting spreadsheet. Had she done that, she would have only needed the GMI form. For that matter, had she used the correct application, she wouldn't need to do the GMI form either.

Return to Top
#911034 - 02/27/08 02:07 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
aHHHHh...and so goes the life of compliance and the "if they had's"

I'm beginning to just LOVE their explanations of how and why the note was dated before the application, disclosures, etc...{rolls eyes}

Return to Top
#911045 - 02/27/08 02:25 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Joker
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: RR joker
I'm beginning to just LOVE their explanations of how and why the note was dated before the application, disclosures, etc...{rolls eyes}
And this would be why I'm so thankful the LOs I deal with are out in the field far far away. If they were here, lord knows I'd probably be incarcerated by now fighting to prove it was justifiable!!!

Return to Top
#911056 - 02/27/08 02:39 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny Truffle Royale
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
You mean... it's NOT justifiable homicide??? Oh dear..... well, I'm convinced that if the jury was comprised of compliance folks you'd be acquitted --- in record time!

Return to Top
#911151 - 02/27/08 03:29 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny Pepper's Sister
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I often wish I could reach through the phone lines (maybe with a baseball bat?) while I'm talking to the lenders.

Return to Top
#911528 - 02/27/08 06:52 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny hmdagal
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
(RRBecca gets a red spot on her neck while contemplating the next phone call)

Then out come the darts.

Return to Top
#911545 - 02/27/08 07:06 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny Truffle Royale
KTMiteComply Offline
Power Poster
KTMiteComply
only if I want to....
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Originally Posted By: RR joker
And this would be why I'm so thankful the LOs I deal with are out in the field far far away. If they were here, lord knows I'd probably be incarcerated by now fighting to prove it was justifiable!!!

I have sooo enjoyed reading these posts thanks to RRBeca starting this! I was reading these and cracking up when I read what Truffle Royal said in response to RR Joker...about that time one of my LO walked by and said..."what are grinning about"? "If they only knew!" LOL!

Return to Top
#911547 - 02/27/08 07:07 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Joker
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Yeah, you know it's bad when you start breaking out in a rash trying to work up the nerve to deal with your LO's. :rollseyes:

ETA: I'm doing submission today...and in honor of the occasion, I'm wearing a turtleneck.
Last edited by RR Becca; 02/27/08 07:09 PM.

Return to Top
#911553 - 02/27/08 07:12 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Becca
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Okay then...I'm holding my breath.

Return to Top
#911556 - 02/27/08 07:13 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Becca
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I would like to know why lenders, especially commercial lenders, see HMDA as the scarlet letter???? They act like they will be fired for doing a HMDA reportable loan and will fight it tooth and nail...why? Just do it and move on

Return to Top
#911570 - 02/27/08 07:21 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny Mrs. Rizzo
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Because-they should be very afraid because if it's HMDA, most likely it's also consumer and their real fear is the COMPLIANCE OFFICER!

Return to Top
#912195 - 02/28/08 05:07 PM Re: Tuesday HMDA funny RR Joker
Relax Offline
Platinum Poster
AMEN to all!

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM