BOL Conferences

Page 54 of 60 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 59 60
Thread Options
#924960 - 03/18/08 04:48 PM Re: lost PRiv#6
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Oops, I stuttered and it double posted.
Last edited by BurntSienna; 03/18/08 04:50 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#925110 - 03/18/08 06:06 PM Re: lost Hated By Some
Starter Offline
Platinum Poster
Starter
NJ
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla
jin was having (which is odd because he is dead in 'real time') flashbacks and sun was having flash forwards.

If this is true, then who did he go see in the hospital in the past - Sun? And if so, where was that baby that she had then? And, didn't they talk about before that they were never able to get pregnant because Jin had some kind of impotence?

Return to Top
#925111 - 03/18/08 06:07 PM Re: lost BurntSienna
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
Oops, I stuttered and it double posted.

I'm so happy to find someone else afflicted with the stutter syndrome.

Return to Top
#925117 - 03/18/08 06:11 PM Re: lost Starter
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Originally Posted By: Starter
Originally Posted By: Ronzilla
jin was having (which is odd because he is dead in 'real time') flashbacks and sun was having flash forwards.

If this is true, then who did he go see in the hospital in the past - Sun? And if so, where was that baby that she had then? And, didn't they talk about before that they were never able to get pregnant because Jin had some kind of impotence?

It looked like the panda he took was an errand for his former employer (Sun's father?). He was delivering it for the child of the ambassador. You couldn't see into the room well.

Do you think there was some significance to his cell phone? Was it an older model that was a clue to the flash back?

Return to Top
#925135 - 03/18/08 06:24 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
Real time on the island is 2004, so the cell is probably a pre-04 model. It looked like one I had circa 2002.

Jin is alive in real time. His flashback was superimposed on Sun's flash forward in an interesting storyline. Jin was trying to deliver a stuffed panda to the grandchild of the Chinese ambassador on behalf of his father-in-law. Sun's flash forward showed her giving birth the child conceived on the island with Jin.

I think the blood splatter on the wall is an exit splatter from a gunshot, likely to the head during a suicide, based on the height and angle (I also watch Dexter!). That would follow the line that the crew is going crazy and committing suicide, i.e., the female wearing chains overboard.

We only got a couple of seconds of the pipe banging. Who knows how long they listened to it before the Dr. entered the room? Clearly it went on long enough to aggravate Desmond, so it may have been for some time. Thus, there may have been a longer message and we just didn't hear it. God forbid someone go back and listen to the show again and try to make out the letters and get the message!

I just don't know that I think Walt is on that boat. Why would Michael take the risk of shipwrecking his son on that island again after working so hard to get him off the island? No, I suspect Walt is on the mainland, but perhaps under the care and observation of some of Ben's people. His deal with Michael must have been conditioned in Ben's favor, I can't see him letting someone just leave the island to blab.

Return to Top
#927639 - 03/21/08 12:34 PM Re: lost Mint Julep
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I don't even know where to start with things last night's episode makes me ponder.

So instead I will ask this: what was the deal at the end of nearly every commercial break with the quick flash on the screen of the thumbprint with "The Mole" on it? Is that something "Lost" related, or is ABC bringing back that reality show (at least I think it was on ABC a few years ago)?

Return to Top
#927695 - 03/21/08 01:34 PM Re: lost Hoosierland
Mint Julep Offline
Diamond Poster
Mint Julep
Tennessee
I didn't buy that Michael was feeling that guilty about killing Libby and Ana or that Walt was that pissed at him over it. It seemed too conveniently contrived for a show like this.

If Miles knew Kevin wasn't his real name, did he also sense the ghosts of Ana and Libby around Michael? That would seem to be right up his alley. If so, did he tell the captain?

Who was shooting at Rousseau and Alex? They had silencers on high powered rifles. Nothing we've seen on the island before. I'm thinking Rousseau is hit, but not dead.

I saw those split second Mole ads, too. It may be a mind-game, but of which show? Lots of shows coming back in April, post-writer's strike, so maybe this is promotional.

Return to Top
#927697 - 03/21/08 01:35 PM Re: lost Hoosierland
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Who is the woman that Michael keeps imagining seeing? I don't recognize her.

Ooops! Has Sayid jumped out of the frying pan into the fire by exposing Michael? Is Ben going to turn out to be the "good guy" after all?

Return to Top
#927715 - 03/21/08 01:55 PM Re: lost swiggles
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Wasn't the woman Michael kept seeing Libby?

Are the people who shot Rousseau Ben's people that are left on the island? It's interesting that Alex suddenly starts shouting that she's Ben's daughter. Did you see the bushes move?

Michael seems totally out of it. He keeps trying to kill himself, but as the Other who met him in the alley told him - the island won't let him. His work isn't done yet.

Next week will be interesting. They showed the Oceanic 6, and they will show how they get off the island - Aaron is one of them.

It's also going to be interesting to see how and why Hurley changes from supporting Locke to Jack.

Return to Top
#927734 - 03/21/08 02:11 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Yes, the woman Michael keeps seeing is Libby.

I think the shooters are Ben's people. Ben wanted all "threats" for Alex's affections and loyalties eliminated (the boyfriend and Rousseau). I was surprised that Rousseau so readily agreed that they should go. I also wouldn't be surprised if she is still alive.

I was surprised that Sayid immediately turned Michael in to the captain. He may regret that rash decision (which is unlike him, usually he thinks things through before acting) in the future.

I found the timing curious on some things last night. It was hard for me to piece together the sequence of events, because we saw the Other who met Michael on the mainland get killed on the island. There was a pretty short window from when Michael and Walt left and when he was killed on the beach.

Return to Top
#927736 - 03/21/08 02:13 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Pooh (The Bear)
Wasn't the woman Michael kept seeing Libby?

Someone pleez re-enlighten me. Who was Libby? I cannot remember.

Return to Top
#927742 - 03/21/08 02:19 PM Re: lost swiggles
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Libby was the therapist/counselor/psychologist woman from the tail section. Hurley was in love with her. When Michael went to the hatch to free Ben, Libby walked in right after he shot and killed Ana Lucia, and Michael shot and killed her too.

Return to Top
#927761 - 03/21/08 02:31 PM Re: lost Hoosierland
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
these dang dead people keep making appearances!

Return to Top
#927793 - 03/21/08 03:01 PM Re: lost Pale Rider
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Libby was actually another patient from the same sanitarium where Hurley was. He kept saying that she looked familiar, but he couldn't place her.

Interesting how Ben told Michael that Michael has never been instructed to kill Ana and Libby.

Sayid never does anything without thinking. He will have a reason for outing Michael. If Michael blows up the freighter, how can they get back home?

Return to Top
#927796 - 03/21/08 03:03 PM Re: lost Pale Rider
Bank Angler Offline
Gold Star
Bank Angler
Just a short drive from Lake E...
Libby was also in the mental hospital with Hurley in one of his flashbacks. She also purchased Desmond's boat for his race around the world.

Maybe the people that killed Carl and shot Danielle (I'm not so sure she's dead) could be people from the boat. The helicopter is gone, and the captain said that it was running an errand. The guns had silencers, and we haven't seen any newer weapons among the Others. Maybe Widmore kidnapped Ben's daughter as a bargaining chip.

The island evidently can heal people very quickly. If Michael was on the island for two months from 9/22, it would have been after Thanksgiving when he and Walt made it back to Manhattan. Desmond calls Penny on Christmas eve, which is the current time, and only a few days after Tom gets run over by Hurley, so Michael wrecks his car, heals, and gets on the boat in Fiji in less than a month after he gets back to New York.

Going with the "The island won't let you die" line, seeing Jack getting ready to jump off the bridge maybe the island set up the crash so he stopped his attempt. It may have not been his first attempt to kill himself.

Where did Ben call Michael from? Was it a control room in his house? Who really planted the plane in the trench? Both Widmore and Ben have made good arguments.
|
|
¿ <°)))><

Return to Top
#927821 - 03/21/08 03:20 PM Re: lost Bank Angler
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Originally Posted By: Bank Angler
Libby was also in the mental hospital with Hurley in one of his flashbacks. She also purchased Desmond's boat for his race around the world.

Maybe the people that killed Carl and shot Danielle (I'm not so sure she's dead) could be people from the boat. The helicopter is gone, and the captain said that it was running an errand. The guns had silencers, and we haven't seen any newer weapons among the Others. Maybe Widmore kidnapped Ben's daughter as a bargaining chip. Interesting Idea.

The island evidently can heal people very quickly. If Michael was on the island for two months from 9/22, it would have been after Thanksgiving when he and Walt made it back to Manhattan. Desmond calls Penny on Christmas eve, which is the current time, and only a few days after Tom gets run over by Hurley, so Michael wrecks his car, heals, and gets on the boat in Fiji in less than a month after he gets back to New York. There was a Christmas tree in the background at Michael's mother's house.

Going with the "The island won't let you die" line, seeing Jack getting ready to jump off the bridge maybe the island set up the crash so he stopped his attempt. It may have not been his first attempt to kill himself.

Where did Ben call Michael from? Was it a control room in his house? Who really planted the plane in the trench? Both Widmore and Ben have made good arguments.

Return to Top
#927826 - 03/21/08 03:21 PM Re: lost Hoosierland
joyfulone Offline
CA
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland

I found the timing curious on some things last night. It was hard for me to piece together the sequence of events, because we saw the Other who met Michael on the mainland get killed on the island. There was a pretty short window from when Michael and Walt left and when he was killed on the beach.

I think that the Other is one of the Time Travelers. When Michael asked him if they can just come and go off the island he replied, "Some of us".

Return to Top
#927867 - 03/21/08 03:44 PM Re: lost joyfulone
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
so what is showing next week, a rerun?

and why so long before the next show? the strike?

Return to Top
#927889 - 03/21/08 03:59 PM Re: lost Pale Rider
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Can someone please tell me what was said when Michael approached the men on the frieghter that were shooting skeet with the automatic rifle. A @#%$^! severe weather advisory cut-in and drowned-out the audio.

Return to Top
#927892 - 03/21/08 04:01 PM Re: lost Bankster
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Michael said 'What are you doing, I thought this was a rescue mission'.

Guys said 'don't you have a deck to swab'

Return to Top
#927897 - 03/21/08 04:02 PM Re: lost Snow Bunny
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
Thanks

Return to Top
#928057 - 03/21/08 05:29 PM Re: lost Pale Rider
KC Danimal Offline
Platinum Poster
KC Danimal
Kansas City
I was a little surprised that last night's episode was a new one since they were going against the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament on CBS. I would imagine that is why we have to wait two weeks for another new episode . The round of 16 gets started next Thursday on CBS.

Return to Top
#928188 - 03/21/08 07:09 PM Re: lost KC Danimal
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
but the next epi isn't until 4/24! thats too much college basketball!

Return to Top
#928193 - 03/21/08 07:11 PM Re: lost Pale Rider
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
ok, so I am ready to guess that the guy in the casket that Jack visits is Michael and not Ben

who shot Rousseu and Danielle's boyfriend? did Ben have it done?

that flashback with dead Tom had me confused again, sequencing is getting difficult

Return to Top
#928255 - 03/21/08 07:37 PM Re: lost Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Did we get any hints prior to last night that the big guy (one of the "others"....is Tom his name?) is gay? I was totally unprepared for that.

Return to Top
Page 54 of 60 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 59 60