Learn More - Click Here!

Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39
Thread Options
#955397 - 05/07/08 01:18 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
David Cook's first performance was good, but added nothing to the song. It was just an average cover of the song. On the other hand, he completely owned his second song. It made me want to watch CSI, uh, I mean listen to The Who. More importantly, it made me want to hear more from David Cook. He looked and sounded like The American Idol.

Syesha was good last night. I enjoyed both her performances, and it showed the diversity of her ability. She also looked like a star.

Jason Castro Must Go! Two horrible songs. Let me rephrase. Two great songs completely butchered by Jason. If the Aggies support him, they will only show that they don't know talent. He's even said publically he's ready for his run on AI to be over, and that was before this week's performances.

David Archuletta is to adult contemporary (go figure, since he's not even an adult) what David Cook is to Rock/Emo. He had two great performances last night. Now if only he could look like a star instead of a kid singing at a talent competition.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#955399 - 05/07/08 01:22 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
To me, it is the David Cook and Syesha showdown. I just don't get why they are so high on David Archuletta. IMO, he has absolutely no shot of succeeding in the music business.

Last night:

David A - bored me to tears
David C - first song was not great - I hate the song plus he said he was gonna change it up and he didn't. Loved the second performance except for the very end - didn't like how he ended it.
Syesha - liked the first one better than the second. I agreed with Randy actually on her second one. I am liking her better - her tears last night were real I think. It was the first time I didn't feel like she was acting.

Jason - I thought Simon's attack, calling his performance atrocious, was ... not harsh enough. If I were one of the final 10 who had been eliminated, I would be angry that he has a spot in the final 4.

I was thinking that this really is boring - personality is LACKING. I would actually rather see the one blond girl who did the Brittney Spears impression be up there. I almost would rather see Kristy Lee Cook! (almost)

Return to Top
#955400 - 05/07/08 01:22 PM Re: American Idol B_F
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
If there's any justice in the AI universe, Jason will go home tonight. *I* would love to see the final two be David C and Sayesha with $ on David for the win, but I think the teeny boppers will keep David A in the running.

Return to Top
#955401 - 05/07/08 01:23 PM Re: American Idol CubDave
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Am I the only one who thinks there was something terribly wrong with David C last night? He appeared to be either very upset about something or else feeling really poorly.

Return to Top
#955405 - 05/07/08 01:27 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
UFGator00 Offline
Anyone else catch Jason C. mouth the words "Don't vote" after his first song? He clearly butchered the first song and flubbed the lyrics on the second intentionally.

Return to Top
#955409 - 05/07/08 01:34 PM Re: American Idol UFGator00
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
votes should be down for Castro, but unless Syesha gets more votes she is at risk, he has been a top vote "getter" in the past and she has been near the bottom a number of weeks

so many Aggies have AT&T and in that 2 hour period it would be so easy to rack up a hundred votes via texting - someone like myself with 4 phones on the family plan could skew the voting (not that I did you understand)

Return to Top
#955416 - 05/07/08 01:41 PM Re: American Idol Pale Rider
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Dialidol.com has Jason Castro clearly going home. David Cook is first, David A is second, Syesha is in third, and Jason is a very distant fourth place. Even with the margin of error, Jason is predicted to be going back home to Aggieland. I don't ever remember seeing that large of a gap on that website - one that was bigger than the MOE.

Return to Top
#955420 - 05/07/08 01:46 PM Re: American Idol thomasj
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
I actually voted Syesha last night like crazy to try to send Jason home.

Return to Top
#955421 - 05/07/08 01:47 PM Re: American Idol UFGator00
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: UFGator00
Anyone else catch Jason C. mouth the words "Don't vote" after his first song? He clearly butchered the first song and flubbed the lyrics on the second intentionally.

He said he wanted out of the competition last week in an interview, so while I didn't see it, I am not surprised.

Return to Top
#955444 - 05/07/08 02:07 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Originally Posted By: RR Becca
Am I the only one who thinks there was something terribly wrong with David C last night? He appeared to be either very upset about something or else feeling really poorly.

I wondered the same thing, he was a little better in the second song but something was not quite right.

Return to Top
#955451 - 05/07/08 02:13 PM Re: American Idol B_F
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Castro definitely wanted to go home, so I say we let him after last night's laziness.

Syesha surprised me last night, she's definitely improving and deserves to stay over someone who doesn't even want to be there. I, too, thought she seemed like she wasn't acting for the first time last night. And if she was acting, then bravo! I bought it!

David Cook was great, as usual. Especially the second song.

Archie sucked, again. And did anyone else notice that the sound mixing was suspiciously 'off' for everyone except for David A? You couldn't hear the background singers or the band at all for the first three performances, then it was fixed (of course) for Archie's. Interesting...

We were joking at home that if the sound got 'off' again for the the other's second songs that it was being done on purpose...and then IT HAPPENED. The sound got bad again for Cook, Castro, and Syesha's second songs, only to be 'fixed' for Archie's.

I don't usually buy into conspiracy stuff, but it was so obvious (and I wasn't the only one who noticed...)

Return to Top
#955456 - 05/07/08 02:15 PM Re: American Idol travelgirl
A_G Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: travelgirl
not to mention the smug look on his face most of the time.

I don't think it was a smug look. Rather, a "dude I need another toke look."

Return to Top
#955458 - 05/07/08 02:16 PM Re: American Idol RR Jen
Pepper's Sister Offline
Platinum Poster
Pepper's Sister
Midwest
Jason just seemed like he didn't care; somewhere along the line he lost the passion - for the song, for his singing, for being there.

Return to Top
#955463 - 05/07/08 02:23 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
I didn't see last night, but I have to be upset with the guy for screwing up a Dylan song.

Return to Top
#955492 - 05/07/08 02:54 PM Re: American Idol Pepper's Sister
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Pepper's Sister
Jason just seemed like he didn't care; somewhere along the line he lost the passion - for the song, for his singing, for being there.

Too much weed will do that to you.

Return to Top
#955509 - 05/07/08 03:13 PM Re: American Idol B_F
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Harold and Kumar will rescue Jason from American Idol tonight.

Return to Top
#955512 - 05/07/08 03:15 PM Re: American Idol CelticsPride
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: CelticsPride
Harold and Kumar will rescue Jason from American Idol tonight.

I thought they were busy at a White Castle in Cuba?

Return to Top
#955517 - 05/07/08 03:18 PM Re: American Idol B_F
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Jason reminds me of the kids that I deal with that steal their parents or grandparents ATM cards to get money to buy weed. The look on his face after trying to sing the Dylan song last night is the same look I see when I show them the pictures of themselves using the stolen card.

Return to Top
#955535 - 05/07/08 03:45 PM Re: American Idol thomasj
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
He looks exactly like every musically/artistically inclined stoner friend I ever had in high school/college. He'll grow up eventually and turn out OK. At least...most of the others I knew did. Maybe by his mid-twenties he'll have his stuff together enough to give the music industry another shot.

If he's anything like the stoners I knew, he never thought it would actually require work.

Return to Top
#955555 - 05/07/08 04:13 PM Re: American Idol RR Becca
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
And they got rid of Danny over that dread-lock doesn't wanna be there wanna be singer? I'm shocked.

Return to Top
#955559 - 05/07/08 04:17 PM Re: American Idol pjs
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
As you may recall, pjs, that's because "some people weren't liking it"!!!!

I'm betting they'll show the clip of Danny saying that (again) on The Soup on Friday before they show Simon telling Jason to pack his suitcase.

Return to Top
#955563 - 05/07/08 04:21 PM Re: American Idol Hoosierland
A_G Offline
10K Club
While he does seem like a stoner, he also seems like a free spirit type guy who would be happy the rest of his life playing his guitar around bars. The dude is only 20 years all - he's still having fun in life.

Return to Top
#955568 - 05/07/08 04:25 PM Re: American Idol A_G
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
dang! I guess the concert on the steps of the admin building are off for tomorrow night! I was going to get close to Jason and wave to y'all

Return to Top
#955569 - 05/07/08 04:26 PM Re: American Idol pjs
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: pjs
And they got rid of Danny over that dread-lock doesn't wanna be there wanna be singer? I'm shocked.

Yup, they kept the dread-locked, doesn't wanna be there SINGER over the flamboyantly gay, obnoxious, overconfident, WANNA BE singer.

Return to Top
#955575 - 05/07/08 04:36 PM Re: American Idol B_F
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
I find everyone's comments about Jason pretty funny because it seems you all are stereotyping him based on his hairdo (the stoner comments). I agree that he should be the one to go home tonight, and should have gone home a lot sooner, but the kid has done pretty well for himself to make it this far. My experience with stoners (oops, did I say I have experience with stoners?) has been that they are really not very motivated to do much but be stoners. I agree with Roberto that he seems more of a free spirit. So I give him his props, but it is time for him to go home.

Return to Top
Page 32 of 39 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 38 39