BOL Conferences
Page 47 of 94 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 93 94
Thread Options
#1306160 - 12/15/09 04:31 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 David Dickinson
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Forgive me if this has been asked already or if it is elementary, but I haven't found it in any searches and am having a time figuring it out...

On the new GFE, under "Summary of your loan", the question "Even if you make payments on time, can your monthly amount owed for principal, interest, and any mortgage insurance rise?", how would you disclose an interest only payment that is tied to a variable rate (WSJ Prime) that can change daily? I've figured out the maximum amount (use the ceiling rate), but how would I figure a dollar amount on the first increase? Use the same ceiling rate? And would I disclose it as able to change in 1 day? (This is for our construction loans where title is transferring to the first user.)

Thanks so much for your help....just got back into the compliance game this month.

Return to Top
RESPA
#1306378 - 12/15/09 06:00 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 David Dickinson
questioning Offline
100 Club
Do we then have to provide a Recommended Provider list of title companies from which they can shop? We are choosing all other providers so we do not have a Provider list for any other services.

Return to Top
#1306388 - 12/15/09 06:06 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 questioning
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
In a training today, heard from a big local title company owner that realtors are VERY concerned about making sure they get on the new provider lists that we have to give with the GFE. crazy Okay - just to make sure I haven't missed a requirement - we are NOT supposed to put realtors on that recommended provider list, correct?!
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
#1306414 - 12/15/09 06:29 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 CalifDreamin
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Originally Posted By: FlamingoGal
In a training today, heard from a big local title company owner that realtors are VERY concerned about making sure they get on the new provider lists that we have to give with the GFE. crazy Okay - just to make sure I haven't missed a requirement - we are NOT supposed to put realtors on that recommended provider list, correct?!

Correct. Only service providers from Block 4-6 of the GFE.

Return to Top
#1306536 - 12/15/09 07:36 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Originally Posted By: Dani York
Forgive me if this has been asked already or if it is elementary, but I haven't found it in any searches and am having a time figuring it out...

On the new GFE, under "Summary of your loan", the question "Even if you make payments on time, can your monthly amount owed for principal, interest, and any mortgage insurance rise?", how would you disclose an interest only payment that is tied to a variable rate (WSJ Prime) that can change daily? I've figured out the maximum amount (use the ceiling rate), but how would I figure a dollar amount on the first increase? Use the same ceiling rate? And would I disclose it as able to change in 1 day? (This is for our construction loans where title is transferring to the first user.)

Thanks so much for your help....just got back into the compliance game this month.

bump

Return to Top
#1306607 - 12/15/09 08:10 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Dani York, CRCM
BNKO Offline
100 Club
Has the settlement cost booklet been updated yet? Where would I find this on the HUD website? I've searched and searched and can't even find the old one!

Return to Top
#1306654 - 12/15/09 08:36 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 BNKO
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
During a 12/7 HUD webcast about RESPA, HUD stated that they thought that the new booklet might be released today (12/15). I've checked their website a few times today and don't see it.

The last page of the 11/19 RESPA FAQs states that the revised booklet would be posted on HUD's website and a notice would also be published in the Federal Register.

The current version (6/1997) of the booklet can be accessed from the following web page. http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/ramh/res/sfhrestc.cfm

Return to Top
#1306800 - 12/15/09 09:23 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 David Dickinson
ForceFull1 Offline
Gold Star
ForceFull1
smalltown Iowa
Originally Posted By: David Dickinson
Originally Posted By: bigdog
The Chicago FDIC issued their version of an FIl in 2005. This stated that taxes must be disclosed on the GFE and HUD and either paid or shown as POC. This interpretation was noted by the FDIC in CHIRO-14-2005. Once upon a time they were uasing this as they were examining banks.

That was before the RESPA revisions. Taxes are no longer required to be on either the GFE or Settlement Statement.

For what it's worth:

My local FDIC field office (Kansas City region) stated, per a contact they have at HUD, that there should be some congruence between the GFE and the HUD-1 regarding property taxes. If we expect to collect a property tax payment on the HUD-1, it should be listed on the GFE. Conversely, if we don’t anticipate collecting the property taxes, they should not be listed on the GFE. (They should, however, be included as applicable in the escrow section.) So, consequently, going forward, an annual real estate tax amount will not be listed on the GFE. Shifting an anticipated closing date from one month to the next that would necessitate collecting the taxes, where previously they weren’t disclosed, would be a changed circumstance.

So, until we hear otherwise from something more official, it sounds like my offices at least needs to follow the above. (And ask me if I don't think this is going to somehow change in the next few weeks or month.)

Return to Top
#1306803 - 12/15/09 09:24 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 David Dickinson
Oursisnottoreasonwhy Offline
Platinum Poster
Oursisnottoreasonwhy
Central Illinois
What kind of "estimates" are we going to be seeing in block 11 - Homeowners Insurance?

Return to Top
#1306820 - 12/15/09 09:39 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 ForceFull1
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I just spoke with my regulator and he indicated that there may be something coming down theline in March where basically if you require taxes to be paid, you will be required to escrow for the borrower.....

Looks like I get to do some hefty reading up on escrows since we have never done them in the past......

Return to Top
#1306867 - 12/15/09 10:10 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Dani York, CRCM
Compliance Lover Offline
Platinum Poster
I've been searching too for the new (or old even) special information booklet on HUD's website (and I tried the link below too). I still don't see it. Is it in sections? I read where we might be able to order the booklets from the gov't for free too, but haven't found how/where.

Return to Top
#1306922 - 12/15/09 11:14 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Compliance Lover
misha Offline
Have searched this thread & can't find the answer - for our loans sold in the secondary market, if a borrower doesn't want to escrow, he has to pay an "escrow waiver fee" - guessing this would go in the Origination Charge?

Return to Top
#1306924 - 12/15/09 11:25 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 misha
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Yep.

Return to Top
#1306940 - 12/16/09 12:17 AM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Compliance Lover
Reads Regs Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By: Compliance Lover
I've been searching too for the new (or old even) special information booklet on HUD's website (and I tried the link below too). I still don't see it. Is it in sections? I read where we might be able to order the booklets from the gov't for free too, but haven't found how/where.

See my post above.

Here's a link to the PDF version of the booklet from 6/1997. http://www.hud.gov/offices/hsg/ramh/res/stcosts.pdf

Return to Top
#1307257 - 12/16/09 04:09 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Just Jay
For my daily Owners Title Insurance rant/question:

If the borrower comes to you with a sales contract, and said contract contains the provision that the seller is selecting and paying for the OTI, then would you still be required to list ot on the GFE since it is clearly outlined in the sales contratc the the custoemr will not be responsible for it?

I've been on vacation and am trying to get up to speed on this thread. JJ, since this was directed to me more-or-less, I'll risk it hasn't been answered and let you know...YES...unfortutely sales contract terms carry NO VALUE with HUD. Forget what you contract says the seller will do. OTI has to be quoted regardless of what is customary, what the contract says and who is going to pay it (for a purchase anyway)
Last edited by RR joker; 12/16/09 04:09 PM.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1307267 - 12/16/09 04:14 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
For those that don't venture outside of this thread...I posted this in another thread, but I could use some help.
You may even get a free audit tool out of the deal smile smile

We have drafted a fee spreadsheet in excel, to detail different fee types and where they will fall on the GFE, the HUD and if the fee will impact the APR. But I could use a second set of eyes to review the thing.

Anyone interested?

Send me a PM if you would like it. By the way this is QCL.
Last edited by Mod Grinch; 12/16/09 04:17 PM. Reason: AKA
Return to Top
#1307281 - 12/16/09 04:22 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Dani York, CRCM
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Dani York

We had the same delima. Our decision was to nix VRL on consumer construction that fell under RESPA. wink Which was the only category this would have applied to for us.

Return to Top
#1307294 - 12/16/09 04:28 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thanks for the help. However, I don't know that management will nix VRL on these loans. If your bank had not nixed the VRL for these, how would you have handled the GFE issues in the summary section?

Thanks!

Return to Top
#1307300 - 12/16/09 04:31 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 swiggles
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: swiggles
I apologize if this has already been asked. I have new surprising revelations daily. If we never ever charge anyone for a credit report, do we have to disclose the fee we pay and then provide a credit on the settlement statement?

And if so, does that mean that our days of using the HUD1-A are over because the A has no credit lines to use?

Swiggles, I didn't see this ever answered. So here goes:

You will have to disclose it (nothing new here) We didn't in the past, but with the new average charges, we feel we won't get away with that any longer. I think our average came out to a whopping $2.07 or something. Anyway, you can't list it as POC, you will have to disclose it in your orig charges on the GFE, then describe it on the HUD, and yes...it will be a credit if you don't intend them to pay it and since you can't show it POC, you won't be able to use a 1A.

Return to Top
#1307307 - 12/16/09 04:33 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 Dan Persfull
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Dan Persfull
The credit report fee would be disclosed on line 805 of the HUD. You can, on the HUD show it as POC/Lender.

Dan, I have to disagree. You can't show this as POC, you will have to show it and then issue a credit on page one.

Return to Top
#1307331 - 12/16/09 04:47 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: RR joker

If the borrower comes to you with a sales contract, and said contract contains the provision that the seller is selecting and paying for the OTI, then would you still be required to list ot on the GFE since it is clearly outlined in the sales contratc the the custoemr will not be responsible for it?

I've been on vacation and am trying to get up to speed on this thread. JJ, since this was directed to me more-or-less, I'll risk it hasn't been answered and let you know...YES...unfortutely sales contract terms carry NO VALUE with HUD. Forget what you contract says the seller will do. OTI has to be quoted regardless of what is customary, what the contract says and who is going to pay it (for a purchase anyway)

Oh, I am already over that point and moving on, but thanks for answering grin

But new question/thought:

Many have mentioned on here doing a GFE "summary" if you will, to more accurately reflect the true closing costs (i.e. OTI, taxes, money to close, etc), separate from and in addition to the GFE.

How might this be percived by the examiners, and what can of worms might we be opening if we go down this route?

Return to Top
#1307336 - 12/16/09 04:50 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX

Yes you put it there - here is direct quotes from the instructions

“ …charges for third party settlement service providers for all closing services, regardless of whether the providers are selected or paid for by the borrower, seller, or loan originator. ”
“ … include any (lender’s title insurance premiums) / (owner’s title insurance and related endorsements) , when required, regardless of whether the provider is selected or paid for by the borrower, seller, or loan originator. ”

Return to Top
#1307338 - 12/16/09 04:50 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 #Just Jay
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL

Oh, I am already over that point and moving on, but thanks for answering grin

But new question/thought:

Many have mentioned on here doing a GFE "summary" if you will, to more accurately reflect the true closing costs (i.e. OTI, taxes, money to close, etc), separate from and in addition to the GFE.

How might this be percived by the examiners, and what can of worms might we be opening if we go down this route?

I'll ask them next month, if they ever get here. (We were postponed until January) We just developed this sort of thing and I think are planning on using it.

Return to Top
#1307345 - 12/16/09 04:56 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 QCL
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We discussed doing so today... more as of an LO tool, but for the customer's benefit as well.

Return to Top
#1307368 - 12/16/09 05:16 PM Re: RESPA changes 1-1-10 RR Joker
nghcompliance Offline
Can someone tell me which line credit life should be disclosed on the new HUD form?

Return to Top
Page 47 of 94 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 93 94

Moderator:  QCL