Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#181984 - 04/20/04 09:55 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

CubDave - THE SCORE!! Rocks! although they can be a little too Cubbie for me (GO WHITE SOX!!)

I recently bought KORN's latest one and 3 Doors Down. I love those guys. I really want to get Nickelback and Tesla's new one too!

I have listened to The Score since it came on the air over 10 years ago - actually, I am kind of sick of it, but I still listen because it is sports. There are only a few of the sprots DJs that I can tolerate anymore - most of them are just idiots.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#181985 - 04/20/04 09:55 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

I recently bought KORN's latest one

That's it! That was my latest cd purchase. Great CD BTW, did you hear them play Metallica's "One" at the end of the last song??

Return to Top
#181986 - 04/20/04 10:44 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
JJohns Offline
Platinum Poster
JJohns
IL
Bought the Allman Brothers "Hittin The Note" CD last night- studio recording from late 2003. Real good songs, Gregg sounds great, and Warren Haynes is a top-shelf guitarist.
** Ski you're right on it with the SCORE. I've listened since day 1 (originally 820 AM I think). Boers & Bernsie are my favorites.

Return to Top
#181987 - 04/20/04 10:56 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
I like Oh Brother Where Art thou!

Return to Top
#181988 - 04/21/04 02:12 AM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Quote:

Stone Temple Pilots- Thank You

Have you heard of Velvet Revolver It's Scott Weiland with Guns N' Roses (without Axl). I have been hearing good things about their upcoming album.

I heard Velvet Revolver for the first time this week on the radio- not bad. It's good to see we can agree on some music (but we'll have to agree to disagree about the Beastie Boys.)

Return to Top
#181989 - 04/21/04 02:20 AM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Quote:

Bought the Allman Brothers "Hittin The Note" CD last night- studio recording from late 2003. Real good songs, Gregg sounds great, and Warren Haynes is a top-shelf guitarist.
** Ski you're right on it with the SCORE. I've listened since day 1 (originally 820 AM I think). Boers & Bernsie are my favorites.

I started working for Gateway in 1994 and took the Christmas season off to get married. The employee Christmas party (which I missed to get married) featured a concert by the Allman Brothers.....that STILL upsets me!

Return to Top
#181990 - 04/21/04 02:25 AM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
This month, I mostly made purchases to replace albums I bought 25+ years ago. (Actually, I am keeping the vinyl, so they aren't really replacing them--I've just been having a heck of a time getting those LPs to fit in my car CD player).

They are still as good as ever:

Fleetwood Mac--Rumours
Fleetwood Mac--The White Album
Fleetwood Mac--Tusk
Electric Light Orchestra--Eldorado (this sounds great remastered)

Also, for my wife I bought: Out of the Grey--6.1

Return to Top
#181991 - 04/21/04 03:37 AM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I did the same thing with Tull a couple of months ago, simply replaced....

Return to Top
#181992 - 04/21/04 03:49 AM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Gavin DeGraw -- Chariot,
and Replaced AC/DC -- Live

Return to Top
#181993 - 04/21/04 12:06 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

CubDave - THE SCORE!! Rocks! although they can be a little too Cubbie for me (GO WHITE SOX!!)

I recently bought KORN's latest one and 3 Doors Down. I love those guys. I really want to get Nickelback and Tesla's new one too!

Tesla has a new one??? I worshipped Tesla in 1986-Mechanical Resonance-awesome CD!!!!! Although I think all I have is the cassette tape.

Return to Top
#181994 - 04/21/04 12:09 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dido- White Flag

Return to Top
#181995 - 04/21/04 12:50 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

This month, I mostly made purchases to replace albums I bought 25+ years ago. (Actually, I am keeping the vinyl, so they aren't really replacing them--I've just been having a heck of a time getting those LPs to fit in my car CD player).
Fleetwood Mac--Rumours
Fleetwood Mac--The White Album
Fleetwood Mac--Tusk
Electric Light Orchestra--Eldorado (this sounds great remastered)

Also, for my wife I bought: Out of the Grey--6.1

All my albums were warped, and as I went to throw them out, I had a brainstorm. I stapled all the covers to my wall in my garage, so now instead of looking at an ugly wall, everytime I am in my garage (which is really the only room in my house I can call my own) I have memory flashbacks of spinning vinyl

Last edited by CubDave; 04/21/04 12:51 PM.
Return to Top
#181996 - 04/21/04 01:30 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Okie Dokie Offline
Platinum Poster
Okie Dokie
My husband actually makes most of the music purchases in our home. (He has introduced me to LOTS of music I had never heard before.)

The last CD that I bought was MercyMe Almost There. It has the song "I can only imagine" on it. I just love that song!

Return to Top
#181997 - 04/21/04 01:35 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
All my albums were warped, and as I went to throw them out, I had a brainstorm. I stapled all the covers to my wall in my garage, so now instead of looking at an ugly wall, everytime I am in my garage (which is really the only room in my house I can call my own) I have memory flashbacks of spinning vinyl

Warped albums are easily fixed, but it sounds like all you kept were the covers. If an album is warped, but otherwise in good shape, take it out of the cardboard album cover, but leave it in the sleeve. Place the LP between two pieces of glass and place some books on top of it. Leave it there for a few days and viola, it is no longer warped.

Dave, if these were LPs from your college days, do not despair, they probably were not in as good of shape as you remember. My brother, the wild party man in college, asked me to burn some of his LPs to CD. Well, if you like your CDs with lots of pops, crackles and hiss, I have got the perfect CD-R of Reo Speedwagon's live album: You Get What You Play For." Of course, Gary's guitar solo still sounds cool with the pops and crackles.

Return to Top
#181998 - 04/21/04 01:41 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
How about Reo's "You Can Tune A Piano, But You Can't Tuna Fish". I had a giant poster in my room that had a fish w/ a tuning fork in its mouth. Pretty gross when I think back....

Return to Top
#181999 - 04/21/04 01:44 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

My husband actually makes most of the music purchases in our home. (He has introduced me to LOTS of music I had never heard before.)

The last CD that I bought was MercyMe Almost There. It has the song "I can only imagine" on it. I just love that song!

Angie, I love that song as well, I always crank it up when it comes on in the car.

Return to Top
#182000 - 04/21/04 01:54 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

Quote:

Angie, I love that song as well, I always crank it up when it comes on in the car.

I went to a memorial service yesterday for a 35 year old man, who left behind a wife and 2 year old daughter. He was a pastor in our church and everyone who knew him agrees he was one of the kindest men they had ever met. They played that song at the end of the service while showing still photos of him--it ended with a video clip of him dancing with his daughter the day before he died. Needless to say, there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

Return to Top
#182001 - 04/21/04 01:56 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Oh Huddie, you just made my eyes tear up and I wasn't even there. That must have been completely heartbreaking.

Return to Top
#182002 - 04/21/04 03:24 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
I'm so sorry!

Return to Top
#182003 - 04/21/04 04:05 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Areosmith "Honkin on Bobo". By the way Bobo is a harmonica. It is a re-make of a bunch of blues music. Kind of a George Thorogood sound. Wife and I really like.

Seadevil

Return to Top
#182004 - 04/21/04 07:20 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
CubDave - I hear you about the Score but I love to listen to North and Buffone. I can't stand the two dorks that are on during the lunchhour - Bores (literally) and Bernstein.

Korn's new CD is good and that last song rocks!

Pizzaz - I worshipped Tesla and Metallica in my younger days. I never missed them when they were in town (Chicago or Southern Wisconsin), have every single cassette or CD and even went to Tesla's softball charity game in Chicago and skipped my own softball practice! I was a total Crue chick back then. Now, I am an old compliance chick - Oh well. Oh by the way, Tesla does have a new CD. Their new song is "Caught up in a Dream" or something like that. When you hear it you will go back in time and rock out. I have to find that CD!

Return to Top
#182005 - 04/21/04 07:42 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Skidoo-These were "my bands" back in the 80's: Crue, Ratt, Tesla, Dokken, Whitesnake, Poison, Bon Jovi, you name the hair band and I was there.

Return to Top
#182006 - 04/21/04 07:44 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Wow, you just brought back memories, chica! Dokken....hmmmmm...

Return to Top
#182007 - 04/21/04 07:45 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
GreatBlue Offline
Diamond Poster
GreatBlue
Colorado
My last CD purchase was Offerings 2, Third Day. It has an absolutely fantastic live version of "Nothing Compares".

Return to Top
#182008 - 04/21/04 07:47 PM Re: What was your last CD purchase?
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Quote:

Wow, you just brought back memories, chica! Dokken....hmmmmm...

George Lynch was my god back then, what else can I say?

Return to Top
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4