Skip to content
BOL Conferences

Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15
Thread Options
#1952953 - 08/14/14 02:17 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Awesome news! The clip I saw had it as quoted from CBS or one of the other bigger news outlets, so I assumed it had some veracity. My bad.

The "WTH is WRONG with people?" comment stands, however. There is enough other craziness abroad to warrant it. wink

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1952956 - 08/14/14 02:20 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The "WTH is WRONG with people?" should go to the media for printing nonsense without verifying it.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1952961 - 08/14/14 02:28 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Hobbes Offline
100 Club
Hobbes
On a sled
I went to Kent State, and I know how a "peaceful" protest can turn deadly. But what most people don't know about the Kent shootings is that in the days leading up to the shootings on May 4, the protestors had burned down the ROTC building on campus and had looted stores in downtown. The National Guard was on edge, and something or someone started them shooting.

I would hate to see the same thing happen in Ferguson. All it will take is one idiot at the protests to pull a gun, or throw some firecrackers, and the police might just open up, and then how many will be dead?

Everyone needs to step back and calm down. Nothing good will happen with the late night protests that seem to be getting out of hand.

Return to Top
#1952962 - 08/14/14 02:34 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I read about cameramen from news papers being beaten by the "protesters" for filming them. if they were real protesters they would welcome the exposure.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1953001 - 08/14/14 03:35 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? edAudit
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: EdAudit
The "WTH is WRONG with people?" should go to the media for printing nonsense without verifying it.

actually, it should go to the media and those that blindly believe everything they read and forward it as "gospel truth" because "they read it on the internet"

Return to Top
#1953002 - 08/14/14 03:37 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Jafo Offline
Gold Star
Jafo
State of Confusion
I have enjoyed how the media has interviewed 'witnesses' that have an attorney present. No biased being manufactured there...

Return to Top
#1953014 - 08/14/14 03:47 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? edAudit
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I read about cameramen from news papers being beaten by the "protesters" for filming them. if they were real protesters they would welcome the exposure.

What better way to protest violence than with violence? crazy

Return to Top
#1953020 - 08/14/14 03:55 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
I don't think Happy meant that as a personal slam, Becca.
You believed a reputable news agency. It's not like it was Faux News or something.
I think he's referring to those people who forward emails that extol some horrific story as the gospel truth when they can't take another minute to verify it.
A little less kneejerk reacting would seem to be in order for both the protesters, the news media and those who hit send too quickly.
Last edited by Truffle Royale; 08/14/14 03:57 PM. Reason: add media in last sentence. CBS should have known better.
Return to Top
#1953021 - 08/14/14 03:58 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
That's why I edited, TR. Feel free to delete my post entirely if that's possible without canning the thread. For some reason it didn't give me the "delete post" choice like it usually does.

Just tried again and this time it gave me the delete button. Sorry for contributing to the problem. smile
Last edited by RR Becca; 08/14/14 03:59 PM.

Return to Top
#1953023 - 08/14/14 04:00 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Unrelated to this topic, I think the Cooler should be required to take it's required 5 days out (offline).

Give everyone a chance to cool off and realize the philanthropy that BOL puts out everyday by moderating this thing.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1953030 - 08/14/14 04:06 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Feel free to step away for a few days at anytime if you feel you need a break.

Return to Top
#1953033 - 08/14/14 04:10 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? GuitarDude
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude

This!!!! It shows the ignorance of the protestors. The family of the teen who lost his life certainly don't want to see anymore violence. Why do we have such a mob mentality??

Return to Top
#1953035 - 08/14/14 04:12 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? CompliantOkie
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By: CompliantOkie
Originally Posted By: GuitarDude

This!!!! It shows the ignorance of the protestors. The family of the teen who lost his life certainly don't want to see anymore violence. Why do we have such a mob mentality??

Jumps on the no mob mentality band wagon. Opps awkward moment.

CAMS

Return to Top
#1953038 - 08/14/14 04:14 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here

CAMS

Return to Top
#1953041 - 08/14/14 04:17 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? #Just Jay
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Originally Posted By: #Just Jay
Feel free to step away for a few days at anytime if you feel you need a break.

laugh Well played sir. Well played.

CRCM

Return to Top
#1953043 - 08/14/14 04:20 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
noelekal Offline
100 Club
Texas
The looting does have its limits.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/08/12/t...uess-why-138137

It is suggested that perhaps protection by law enforcement is occasionally flawed. What then?

Return to Top
#1953113 - 08/14/14 05:50 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Norman Paperman
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: Norman Paperman
Give everyone a chance to cool off and realize the philanthropy that BOL puts out everyday by moderating this thing.

The 'Cooler isn't around because of "philanthropy, Paperdude. It exists solely to prevent "frivolity" from occurring in the other forums. You need to know this if you are too new to remember why the so called "non business" forums were established.

Return to Top
#1953129 - 08/14/14 06:04 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Xian Ngyuen Offline
100 Club
Buggs is correct on this. Were it not for the non-business forums, you would have people saying things like "i think this administration has already shown disdain for laws, why would this one be any different?" in the forums dealing with regulatory matters, for example.

Return to Top
#1953169 - 08/14/14 06:46 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Xian Ngyuen
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted By: EdSpenser
Buggs is correct on this. Were it not for the non-business forums, you would have people saying things like "i think this administration has already shown disdain for laws, why would this one be any different?" in the forums dealing with regulatory matters, for example.

Thanks for the input, Ed...perhaps you should refresh yourself on the BOL Posting Guidelines...the is the first one

Originally Posted By: Andy
Political discussions are NOT allowed unless the topic has a direct relationship to banking. These discussions should be in the business threads

OFAC has a direct relationship to banking...a member of the current administraion is in violation of these sanctions...

but you said it better than me

Originally Posted By: EdSpenser
So, even staying at the hotel is a violation of the program.
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 08/14/14 06:50 PM. Reason: clarity

Return to Top
#1953283 - 08/14/14 09:22 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Politics and religion was permitted until the radical moral mediocrity forced their opinions on us all through their whining and complaining. kinda the same thing they are chastising us for now.
Last edited by buggs; 08/14/14 09:22 PM.
Return to Top
#1953309 - 08/14/14 09:57 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
sigh

Return to Top
#1953316 - 08/14/14 10:05 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? MyBrainHurts
buggs Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: MyBrainHurts
sigh

I used the say the same thing too. It's funny how that works.

Return to Top
#1953347 - 08/15/14 12:45 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Who are the radical moral mediocrity buggsie? Certainly not the group known as the coldcuts. They never complained, whined or hit notify. They were the group wanting to discuss ideas.

Return to Top
#1953358 - 08/15/14 01:01 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? Pale Rider
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
bwahahhaaaaaaaaaaa ROFLMAO. laugh

Return to Top
#1953408 - 08/15/14 02:00 PM Re: When Have 2 Wrongs Ever Equaled Right ? noelekal
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
Well, so back to the original topic...

What a difference a day, and a different police commander, makes. The gov put the state police in charge, specifically a man who grew up in that area, and the cops wore normal cop clothes and mingled with crowd. No gas, no bricks.

At the arch grounds, in downtown St Louis, a large demonstration was held, with Michael Brown's family in attendance. The St. Louis police chief has been very critical of the heavy handed methods of the county police. As if to say, let me show you how this is done, he met before the demonstration with the organizers, walked amid the crowd and took selfies with protestors, and the police mainly stood off the side wearing yellow vests and looking like parking lot attendants.

So, for now, it's somewhat back to normal in the area, and the Cardinals won and the Packers are coming to town to school the Rams.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 15 1 2 3 4 14 15