Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
Thread Options
#1370667 - 04/07/10 06:03 PM Re: Lost! FBH
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: FBH
Originally Posted By: Pale
Why is Desmond so peaceful to be with either side of the epic battle?

Because he likes that reality better? He's with Penny and his son. Sometimes you have to fight for what you care about...

My take on this is that Desmond has made his peace with doing whatever he has to do in order to get back to Penny and little Charlie. He was freaking out at first, but after his "flashes" (memories?) of Penny and Charlie, he just goes all submissive and will do anything asked of him. I assumed that he just wants to survive and get back to Penny and their son, Charlie, so he's not putting up a fight anymore so nobody will hurt/kill him.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#1370687 - 04/07/10 06:16 PM Re: Lost! BurntSienna
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
My guess is he will be asked to make a sacrifice and stay on the island for the rest of his life but never see Penny and his son again.

Return to Top
#1370693 - 04/07/10 06:22 PM Re: Lost! straw
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
The interesting thing is that he is the first one to have a good knowledge of both worlds.

Return to Top
#1370727 - 04/07/10 06:46 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
The Land of Tax Free Shopping!
Maybe the skeletons they found in that hut were Penny and Desmond, and not Bernard and Rose.

Return to Top
#1370755 - 04/07/10 07:01 PM Re: Lost! FBH
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
So the bomb went off in the 70's and did what again?

I am confused, so Desmond saw his sideways future without Penny and so he will allow Smokey or Widmore to win over the other and how does that get him back to Penny?

Return to Top
#1370855 - 04/07/10 08:09 PM Re: Lost! Pale Rider
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
All you need is LOVE!

Return to Top
#1370865 - 04/07/10 08:16 PM Re: Lost! Princess Romeo
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
But he met Penny in 'current' LA. He met her. He knows.

Return to Top
#1370929 - 04/07/10 09:03 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I wonder if Widmore is the Devil and Louise is God. Also, Jacob could be Jesus and the man in black is the Anti-Christ.

Return to Top
#1370988 - 04/07/10 10:13 PM Re: Lost! Spivol
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Seems death/near-death brings the Sideways and Island worlds together. Remember Juliet said "It worked" as/after she died?

Return to Top
#1371045 - 04/08/10 12:12 PM Re: Lost! Princess Romeo
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Like when you have a near death experience, you see your life flash before your life - but in their case, it's a sideways flash?

Return to Top
#1371154 - 04/08/10 02:18 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
Man, that would be so weird. Especially if you knew it was not your life. People would think you were crazy. Maybe that's why Hurley sees dead people all the time. He's constantly in his sideways life.

Return to Top
#1371654 - 04/08/10 11:02 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Originally Posted By: P.B.
anyone else notice that Love seems to be a major player here - Desmond's constant was Penny, and now when he has flashbacks - it's of Penny and their love. Charlie has flashes to Claire (I assume). I wonder if Daniel has had flashes of Charlotte.

This is what I think too. I think Desmond knows that he and Penny were meant to be together - nothing can keep them apart, not even time travel and alternate realities. I think Daniel IS talking about Charlotte. The Hershey bar reference goes back to something they talked about, I think.

Interesting that Eloise straddles both (all) time continuums and realities. I hope they give us more of her history / backstory (not just her on the island, Daniel's mum thing, but WHY she is the way she is and how she can be above all of it), although with only 5 epsiodes left, I don't see it happening. I do feel like we are starting to get SOME answers though.

Return to Top
#1371688 - 04/09/10 12:36 PM Re: Lost! E.E.G.B
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Any info on the last show? 1 hour? 2 hours? 3 hours?

Return to Top
#1371776 - 04/09/10 02:40 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
I watched "Donnie Darko" last night (the first time I've seen it in a while...), and I'm scared that I may have figured out what's going on.

I'm not saying anything, because I don't want to spoil it in case I'm right.

Return to Top
#1371805 - 04/09/10 02:59 PM Re: Lost! FBH
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
<----- NEED to know - Please PM me FBH! PLEASE !!!!

Return to Top
#1371822 - 04/09/10 03:10 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
Originally Posted By: P.B.
<----- NEED to know - Please PM me FBH! PLEASE !!!!

Check your mail!

Return to Top
#1371828 - 04/09/10 03:18 PM Re: Lost! FBH
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
shocked

What about us!?!

You could use the spoiler function (it can be quite useful for more than just Mole-asses, ya know) for anyone who doesn't want to see...

Click to reveal..
pretty please!! smile smile

Return to Top
#1371836 - 04/09/10 03:25 PM Re: Lost! Bobby Boucher
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
grin

Thanks FBH!

Bobby - What happens is:

Click to reveal..
Bad Locke looks down into the original hatch and sees.............................. Mole-Assesssss grin

Return to Top
#1371849 - 04/09/10 03:33 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I knew it!!

Return to Top
#1371865 - 04/09/10 03:40 PM Re: Lost! Bobby Boucher
FBH Offline
Power Poster
FBH
Okay - here you go:
Click to reveal..
I think the nuclear blast caused some kind of time-space disruption, or maybe even the orignal EMP blast that brought the Losties to the island...and all the Losties and the island have been on some kind of continuous loop or in a tangental universe. Desmond is the "receiver" and is able to perceive both realities consciously. Everyone else in the tagent universe are manipulating Desmond to restore the original timeline/universe. It would explain Charlie and Daniel helping Desmond to "correct" the anomaly...Just like Frank the Rabbit did in Donnie Darko.

Just a theory...But it means Desmond will have to die to correct it, just like Donnie did.

P.S. I just noticed my spoiler also spoils Donnie Darko - so if you haven't seen it, don't click that button!
Last edited by FBH; 04/09/10 03:56 PM. Reason: Extra Spoilage!

Return to Top
#1371893 - 04/09/10 03:52 PM Re: Lost! FBH
Bobby Boucher Offline
Power Poster
Bobby Boucher
Down Yonder
You rock, FBH!

Click to reveal..
For some reason, Pooh's explanation made more sense to me laugh laugh

Return to Top
#1371953 - 04/09/10 04:34 PM Re: Lost! Snow Bunny
Spivol Offline
Power Poster
Spivol
Tulsa, Ok
I have never seen Donie Darko but I have heard that it's actually pretty good. It has become quite the cult classic from what I understand as well.

Return to Top
#1372872 - 04/12/10 08:30 PM Re: Lost! Spivol
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Hmmm, i'll have to watch Donnie Darko too, that seems like a good comparison.

I just watched over the weekend. The Desmond episodes are always my favorite.

Return to Top
#1372879 - 04/12/10 08:38 PM Re: Lost! Bobby Boucher
Aggs Offline
Diamond Poster
Aggs
Hoosier Country
I certainly hope that LOST's writers are more creative than just to steal the idea from Donnie Darko... smile I will be bummed if that's what it is. Not because it's not a good plot, but because it's not a NEW plot. The beauty of LOST (for me) has been the "newness" of it - there hasn't been a show like it and likely there never will be another one like it. I don't want a recycled plot! LOL

Opinions expressed in these threads are my own and not my employer's.

Return to Top
#1372919 - 04/12/10 09:21 PM Re: Lost! Aggs
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll feel REALLY ripped off if they just pull a plot twist ending from some other source and end it like that. Yuck. Fortunately, I have more confidence in these writers than that! (optimist that I am today!)

Return to Top
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21