Issued by FDIC
Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments
- Sec. 212.1 Purpose.
- Sec. 212.2 Scope
- Sec. 212.3 Definitions.
- Sec. 212.4 - Initial action upon receipt of a garnishment order.
- Sec. 212.5 Account review.
- Sec. 212.6 Rules and procedures to protect benefits.
- Sec. 212.7 Notice to the account holder.
- Sec. 212.8 Other rights and authorities.
- Sec. 212.9 Preemption of State law.
- Sec. 212.10 Safe harbor.
- Sec. 212.11 Compliance and record retention.
- Sec. 212.12 Amendment of this part.
- Appendix A to Part 212--Model Notice to Account Holder
- Appendix B to Part 212--Form of Notice of Right to Garnish Federal Benefits
- Appendix C to Part 212--Examples of the Lookback Period and Protected Amount
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recent Federal Register Documents
A collection of useful resources for various areas of the bank which have been developed by members of the BankersOnline staff or have been created and contributed by users of the BankersOnline site.Banker Tools
From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:Banker Store