Issued by FDIC
Regulation V - Fair Credit Reporting
FRB Letter Classification:
Authority: 15 U.S.C. 1681b, 1681c, 1681m, 1681s, 1681s-2, and 1681w; Secs. 3 and 214, Pub. L. 108–159, 117 Stat. 1952.Editor's Note: As mandated by the Dodd-Frank Act, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has republished portions of this regulation in its own Regulation V, at 12 CFR Part 1022, effective December 30, 2011. Sections of the Federal Reserve Board's regulation that were not republished by the Bureau are marked with an asterisk below.]
- Subpart A - General Provisions
- Sec. 222.1 Purpose, scope, and effective dates.
- Sec. 222.2 Examples
- Sec. 222.3 Definitions
- Subpart B [Reserved]
- Subpart C - Affiliate Marketing
- Sec. 222.20 Coverage and definitions
- Sec. 222.21 Affiliate marketing opt-out and exceptions.
- Sec. 222.22 Scope and duration of opt-out.
- Sec. 222.23 Contents of opt-out notice; consolidated and equivalent notices.
- Sec. 222.24 Reasonable opportunity to opt out.
- Sec. 222.25 Reasonable and simple methods of opting out.
- Sec. 222.26 Delivery of opt-out notices.
- Sec. 222.27 Renewal of opt-out.
- Sec. 222.28 Effective date, compliance date, and prospective application.
- Subpart D - Medical Information
- Sec. 222.30 Obtaining or using medical information in connection with a determination of eligibility for credit
- Sec. 222.31 Limits on redisclosure of information
- Sec. 222.32 Sharing medical information with affiliates
- Sec. 222.40 Scope
- Subpart E - Duties of Furnishers of Information
- Sec. 222.41 Definitions
- Sec. 222.42 Reasonable policies and procedures concerning the accuracy and integrity of furnished information.
- Sec. 222.43 Direct disputes.
- Subparts F-G [Reserved]
- Subpart H - Duties of Users Regarding Risk-Based Pricing
- Sec. 222.70 Scope.
- Sec. 222.71 Definitions.
- Sec. 222.72 General requirements for risk-based pricing notices.
- Sec. 222.73 Content, form, and timing of risk-based pricing notices.
- Sec. 222.74 Exceptions
- Sec. 222.75 Rules of construction.
- Subpart I - Duties of Users of Consumer Reports Regarding Address Discrepancies and Records Disposal
- Sec. 222.82 Duties of users regarding address discrepancies.
- Sec. 222.83 - Disposal of Consumer Information *
- Subpart J - Identity Theft Red Flags *
- Sec. 222.90 Duties regarding the detection, prevention, and mitigation of identity theft. *
- Sec. 222.91 Duties of card issuers regarding changes of address. *
- Appendix A – [Reserved]
- Appendix B – Model Notices of Furnishing Negative Information
- Appendix C – Model Forms for Opt-Out Notices
- Appendix D [reserved]
- Appendices F - G [reserved]
- Appendix H—Model Forms for Risk-Based Pricing and Credit Score Disclosure Exception Notices
- Appendix I [reserved]
- APPENDIX J TO PART 222 - INTERAGENCY GUIDELINES ON IDENTITY THEFT DETECTION, PREVENTION, AND MITIGATION
- Regulation V - Supplement A to Appendix J
- Recent Federal Register Documents Affecting this Regulation
First published on:
A collection of useful resources for various areas of the bank which have been developed by members of the BankersOnline staff or have been created and contributed by users of the BankersOnline site.Banker Tools