Issued by FDIC
Part 1026 - Truth in Lending (Regulation Z)
Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection — 12 CFR Chapter X
Click HERE for a table of recent Federal Register and other documents affecting this regulation.
Click HERE for CFPB Title XIV Rule Implementation Resources for Ability to Repay/QM, 2013 HOEPA, Loan Originator, TILA HPML Appraisals, Escrows, and TILA and RESPA Servicing rules.
Click HERE for CFPB TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosure (TRID) Rule Implementation Resources.
Sections of the regulation with pending amendments are indicated below with an asterisk (*).
- Subpart A -- General
- 1026.1 -- Authority, purpose, coverage, organization, enforcement, and liability
- 1026.2 -- Definitions and rules of construction.*
- 1026.3 -- Exempt transactions.
- 1026.4 -- Finance charge.*
- Subpart B—Open-End Credit
- 1026.5—General disclosure requirements.*
- 1026.6—Account-opening disclosures.*
- 1026.7—Periodic statement.*
- 1026.8—Identifying transactions on periodic statements.*
- 1026.9—Subsequent disclosure requirements.
- 1026.11—Treatment of credit balances; account termination.
- 1026.12—Special credit card provisions.*
- 1026.13—Billing error resolution.*
- 1026.14—Determination of annual percentage rate.
- 1026.15—Right of rescission.
- Subpart C—Closed-end credit
- 1026.17—General disclosure requirements.
- 1026.18 -- Content of disclosures.
- 1026.19 -- Certain mortgage and variable-rate transactions.
- 1026.20—Disclosure requirements regarding post-consummation events.
- 1026.21—Treatment of credit balances.
- 1026.22—Determination of annual percentage rate.
- 1026.23—Right of rescission.*
- Subpart D—Miscellaneous.
- 1026.25—Record retention.
- 1026.26—Use of annual percentage rate in oral disclosures.
- 1026.27—Language of disclosures.
- 1026.28—Effect on state laws.
- 1026.29—State exemptions.
- 1026.30—Limitation on rates.
- Subpart E—Special Rules for Certain Home Mortgage Transactions
- 1026.31—General rules.
- 1026.32—Requirements for high-cost mortgages.
- 1026.33—Requirements for reverse mortgages.
- 1026.34—Prohibited acts or practices in connection with high-cost mortgages.
- 1026.35—Requirements for higher-priced mortgage loans.
- 1026.36—Prohibited acts or practices and certain requirements for credit secured by a dwelling.
- 1026.37—Content of disclosures for certain mortgage transactions (Loan Estimate).
- 1026.38—Content of disclosures for certain mortgage transactions (Closing Disclosure).
- 1026.39—Mortgage transfer disclosures.
- 1026.40—Requirements for home equity plans.
- 1026.41—Periodic statements for residential mortgage loans.
- 1026.42—Valuation independence.
- 1026.43—Minimum standards for transactions secured by a dwelling.
- Subpart F—Special Rules for Private Education Loans
- 1026.46—Special disclosure requirements for private education loans.
- 1026.47—Content of disclosures.
- 1026.48—Limitations on private education loans.
- Subpart G—Special Rules Applicable to Credit Card Accounts and Open-End Credit Offered to College Students
- 1026.51—Ability to Repay
- 1026.52—Limitations on Fees.*
- 1026.53—Allocation of payments.
- 1026.54—Limitations on the imposition of finance charges.
- 1026.55—Limitations on increasing annual percentage rates, fees, and charges.*
- 1026.56—Requirements for over-the-limit transactions.
- 1026.57—Reporting and marketing rules for college student open-end credit.*
- 1026.58—Internet posting of credit card agreements.
- 1026.59—Reevaluation of rate increases.
- 1026.60—Credit and charge card applications and solicitations.*
- 1026.61 -- Hybrid prepaid-credit cards.
- Appendix A—Effect on State Laws
- Appendix B—State Exemptions
- Appendix C—Issuance of Official Interpretations
- Appendix D—Multiple Advance Construction Loans
- Appendix E—Rules for Card Issuers That Bill on a Transaction-by-Transaction Basis
- Appendix F—Optional Annual Percentage Rate Computations for Creditors Offering Open-End Credit Plans Secured by a Consumer's Dwelling
- Appendix G—Open-End Model Forms and Clauses
- Appendix H—Closed-End Model Forms and Clauses
- Appendix I [Reserved]
- Appendix J—Annual Percentage Rate Computations for Closed-End Credit Transactions
- Appendix K—Total Annual Loan Cost Rate Computations for Reverse Mortgage Transactions
- Appendix L—Assumed Loan Periods for Computations of Total Annual Loan Cost Rates
- Appendix M1—Repayment Disclosures
- Appendix M2—Sample Calculations of Repayment Disclosures
- Appendix N—Higher-Priced Mortgage Loan Appraisal Safe Harbor Review
- Appendix O—Illustrative Written Source Documents for Higher-Priced Mortgage Loan Appraisal Rules
- Appendix P [Reserved]
- Appendix Q—Standards for Determining Monthly Debt and Income
- Federal Register Resources
- Supplement I—Official Interpretations
A collection of useful resources for various areas of the bank which have been developed by members of the BankersOnline staff or have been created and contributed by users of the BankersOnline site.Banker Tools
From training, policies, forms, and publications, to office products and occasional gifts, it’s available here:Banker Store