Issued by FDIC
Regulation W - Transactions between Member Banks and their Affiliates
FRB Letter Classification:
- Subpart A–Introduction and Definitions
- Sec. 223.1 Authority, purpose, and scope.
- Sec. 223.2 What is an “affiliate” for purposes of sections 23A and 23B and this regulation?
- Sec. 223.3 What are the meanings of the other terms used in sections 23A and 23B and this regulation?
- Subpart B–General Provisions of Section 23A
- Sec. 223.11 What is the maximum amount of covered transactions that a member bank may enter into with any single affiliate?
- Sec. 223.12 What is the maximum amount of covered transactions that a member bank may enter into with all affiliates?
- Sec. 223.13 What safety and soundness requirement applies to covered transactions?
- Sec. 223.14 What are the collateral requirements for a credit transaction with an affiliate?
- Sec. 223.15 May a member bank purchase a low-quality asset from an affiliate?
- Sec. 223.16 What transactions by a member bank with any person are treated as transactions with an affiliate?
- Subpart C–Valuation and Timing Principles under Section 23A
- Sec. 223.21 What valuation and timing principles apply to credit transactions?
- Sec. 223.22 What valuation and timing principles apply to asset purchases?
- Sec. 223.23 What valuation and timing principles apply to purchases of and investments in securities issued by an affiliate?
- Sec. 223.24 What valuation principles apply to extensions of credit secured by affiliate securities?
- Subpart D–Other Requirements under Section 23A
- Sec. 223.31 How does section 23A apply to a member bank’s acquisition of an affiliate that becomes an operating subsidiary of the member bank after the acquisition?
- Sec. 223.32 What rules apply to financial subsidiaries of a member bank?
- Sec. 223.33 What rules apply to derivative transactions?
- Subpart E–Exemptions from the Provisions of Section 23A
- Sec. 223.41 What covered transactions are exempt from the quantitative limits and collateral requirements?
- Sec. 223.42 What covered transactions are exempt from the quantitative limits, collateral requirements, and low-quality asset prohibition?
- Sec. 223.43 What are the standards under which the Board may grant additional exemptions from the requirements of section 23A?
- Subpart F–General Provisions of Section 23B
- Sec. 223.51 What is the market terms requirement of section 23B?
- Sec. 223.52 What transactions with affiliates or others must comply with section 23B’s market terms requirement?
- Sec. 223.53 What asset purchases are prohibited by section 23B?
- Sec. 223.54 What advertisements and statements are prohibited by section 23B?
- Sec. 223.55 - What are the standards under which the Board may grant exemptions from the requirements of section 23B?
- Sec. 223.56 What transactions are exempt from the market-terms requirement of section 23B?
- Subpart G–Application of Sections 23A and 23B to U.S. Branches and Agencies of Foreign Banks
- Sec. 223.61 How do sections 23A and 23B apply to U.S. branches and agencies of foreign banks?
- Subpart H–Miscellaneous Interpretations
- Sec. 223.71 How do sections 23A and 23B apply to transactions in which a member bank purchases from one affiliate an asset relating to another affiliate?
- Subpart I–Savings Associations—Transactions with Affiliates
- Sec. 223.72 Transactions with affiliates.
First published on:
A collection of useful resources for various areas of the bank which have been developed by members of the BankersOnline staff or have been created and contributed by users of the BankersOnline site.Banker Tools