We have made a loan to a builder to construct a spec home. Does ECOA apply? The same builder also has a contract build; does ECOA apply to that? We structured both of these as interim construction because both will be refinanced once the homes are complete. Neither will be our borrowers as these are investment properties.
I am looking to find what aspects of Reg B are applicable to small business lending. I am creating a line by line assessment and am curious if something like this exists.
It is my understanding that we have 30 days to notify the customer of our loan decision when denying the request. My question is, does the letter date have to reflect the same date of denial? I had a loan officer deny a mortgage loan within three days of application to avoid early disclosure requirements, but then the application was re-activated and the lender made a second decision with a later date. This second decision date makes the denial notice reflect more than three days from the application date.
If a home equity loan application is not decisioned within 3 business days and preliminary disclosures are not sent out within those 3 business days, does the application need to be canceled and a new application keyed in? That is our current practice and it's a nightmare for HMDA monitoring submissions.
Is a large bank required to send adverse action notices when a payment due date change or extension is denied for consumer loan products?
Scenario: In California - a community property state - assume a couple files for divorce but it is not finalized yet. The husband needs a place to live and applies individually for an FHA loan, leaving the estranged wife as a non-applicant, non-borrower, who plans on using non-marital separate funds to purchase her home.
Since this is an FHA loan, the lender needs to pull a credit on the estranged wife to count her debts towards the husband's since the divorce is not final. When the lender calls the estranged wife for consent to pull her report as per our risk management policy, she denies consent for her report just to keep the husband from getting his own place. This makes it harder for him to claim joint custody of the kids.
Reg B has contradicting situations: permissible purpose is granted for community property states so lender does not need spouse's consent. However it also states there is no permissible purpose to obtain a consumer report on a .... nonapplicant spouse who has legally separated or otherwise indicated an intent to legally disassociate with the marriage.
Can lender pull the non-applicant non-borrowing spouse's credit report without her consent due to being in a community property state, or would the divorce show intent to legally disassociate the marriage and overule the permissible purpose granted by being in a community property state?
I am trying to find documentation to determine if denying a loan for "collateral" is appropriate when the issue is that the property is up for sale. The result is that the loan will not meet our guidelines so is this an appropriate reason to deny the loan for "collateral." Or would the appropriate denial reason would be "Other." Can someone point me to the correct location to view documentation to better support the use of denial reason other vs collateral?
I recently had a debate with a former colleague regarding the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) e-signature on the initial 1003 sent to the borrower for initial disclosure purposes. This colleague stated that the MLO had given consent/permission to the processor to complete the MLO's e-signature due to the expeditious nature of the loan in question as the MLO would not be able to get to it for a few days. Keep in mind that it was only the e-signature of the MLO on the initial 1003, not the borrower.
This individual was not being fired or resigning as they would be returning within 2-3 days but the loan needed to be moved into underwriting.
I was not to sure about this. Does this constitute a violation, or is it considered fraud?
Is the Notice of Right to Receive Appraisal Copies required on 2nd liens?
When a consumer comes in and rewrites a loan, with no new money advanced, are you required do to a new application or Reg B form?