Bankers' Hotline, Volume 18, Number 10
Value Added Product Gaining Popularity
While mobile banking is currently more widely-used in other parts of the world, it is expected to gain popularity in the US as consumers desire more information.
In an effort to reduce costs and increase security, FinCEN replaces magnetic media filing with E-filing.
In The News
- Americans Rethinking Retirement
- Booklet Gives Retirement Advice Guidelines
- Banks Have Lost Ground on Consumer Confidence
- PayPal Launches UK Prepaid Card
- Banks Looking to Cut Energy Costs
- Verizon Offers Banking by PDA
- With a Flick of the Wrist...
- Visa and Banks Testing Warning System
Preparation for Disaster: Part I
At the request of several of our Security Officers in areas that have been hit with hurricanes, we begin the first in a series of articles on personal preparation for survival during crisis.
Is your institution's sensitive data as secure as you think?
A consumer group tested and found that some financial comparison sites are misleading and inaccurate.
From the editor's desk
Credit Card Debt 101
College students are popular targets for credit card offers - and the mounting debt that often results. It’s up to financial institutions to provide the education they need to manage this growing problem.
Questions & Answers
- Large Cash Payouts to Depositors
- Gift Certificate Deposits
- CTR on Multiple Depositors
- Locating List for 314B Information
- CTR on Related Accounts
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.