Bankers' Hotline, Volume 19, Number 8
Card Issuers Try to Adjust to Change Without Losses
Faced with the enactment of the Credit CARD Act, card issuers take steps to protect themselves as much as possible in the face of a declining profit margin.
The FDIC and OCC are offers valuable training for bank officers and employees.
In The News
- Banks Auctioning for Savers
- Debit Use Expected to Increase
- “Clouding” May Not Yet Be on the Horizon
- Prepaid Cards Hitching a Ride
- Reaching New Heights for Wireless Debit
- Want a Candy Bar? Let’s See That Finger!
- Virtual Pad Being Tested
- Get Into These ATMs and Get a Surprise
- And From These ATMs, a Gold Mine
- Sheetz to Use Sticker Payment System
Banks and financial firms enter the digital age to attract technology savvy customers.
Americans would like the Federal Reserve to be more publicly accountable.
Customer Service Breeds Loyalty
Even with varied options available, good customer service is the key reason consumers remain with their bank.
From the editor's desk
Standard of the Industry
Back "in the day", every bank looked and operated pretty much like every OTHER bank. But over the years, determining a commercially reasonable industry standard is not as easy as it used to be
Questions & Answers
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.