Bankers' Hotline, Volume 23, Number 7
A study conducted by the CFPB on overdraft programs and fees has the Bureau concerned that the practice is causing consumers more harm than good.
Help your customers navigate high-tech banking with some valuable tips from the FDIC.
In The News
- Debt Collection Practices Under Review
- Banks Not Protecting Checking Account Holders
- Same Day Payments Coming Soon!
Internet Investigation Basics
Having a basic understanding of how internet investigations work can be helpful when an incident requires an investigation.
NACHA provides a helpful resource for banks subject to new international remittance rules under Section 1073 of the Dodd Frank Act.
With mandatory electronic filing of BSA reports now in effect, know what to do if a major event prevents your ability to file a report.
Focus on Fraud
- FinCEN Scam Solicits Funds
- Call Ahead ATMs
- Criminals Return to Low-Tech Fraud Methods
- Customers Want Protection From Banks
From the editor's desk
Here We Go Again...
In light of recent discrimination lawsuits, it might be a good time to review your background investigation policies.
Questions & Answers
- Timeframe for Filing CTRs
- Guidelines for New $100 Notes
- Required Vacation Time
- Bitcoins and BSA
- Testing Disaster Recovery Plans
- Executive Director:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.