Bankers' Hotline, Volume 23, Number 4
The CFPB is collecting and publishing consumer complaints for use in policy formation and monitoring of what's occurring in the industry.
Banks and ATM operators no longer have to display physical signage on ATMs.
In The News
- Bank Offers Personalized ATMs
- Greener ATMs
- Touchless POS Payments
- Phone to Phone Payments
- Play to Learn
- Virtual Contactless Card
- Credit Union Offers Siri-like Feature
- CFPB Campaigns for Mortgage Rule Implementation
- Visa Preloaded on Phones
- Small Banks Pay More Interest
- Consumers Pay in Multiple Ways
- Prepaid Cards for Eight-year-olds
- British Government Takes Different Approach
DDoS Bill in the Works...Again
Bomb Threats and Emergency Evacuations
With the harsh reality of bomb threats in today's society, branches need to have bomb threat and evacuation plans in place to respond in the event of a bomb threat.
A recent study found a strong correlation between students' affiliation with a bank and their financial patterns.
MasterPass is coming to merchant retail systems.
From the editor's desk
The Truth About Bank Robberies
Publicizing the "unrewarding" aspects of a bank robbery could be an effective deterrant to would-be bandits.
Questions & Answers
- Bundling Bills With Rubber Bands
- When to Change Branch Keys/Combinations
- Writing Security Policies and Procedures
- Depositing an Unendorsed Joint Payee Check
- Executive Director:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.