Bankers' Hotline, Volume 26, Number 6
The CFPB's proposed payday lending rules have sparked controversy within the financial industry and the fintech market.
In The News
- Google Bans Payday Lending Ads
- FRB Suspends Uncurrent Coin Deposits
- Deposit Reconciliation Guidance
- SOD Survey Changes and Deadline
- Bank-Branded Mobile Payments App
Who Knows What "Confidential" Means?
Lessons from a Legend
The infamous Willie Sutton wreaked havoc on banks and law enforcement back in his day. But the prolific bandit left behind valuable lessons that have changed bank security.
FinCEN recently issued awards to law enforcement agencies to recognize their achievements in combatting significant threats to the integrity of the financial system and the safety of our communities.
In preparation for implemention of Same Day ACH processing, banks can conduct transaction file testing.
Focus on Fraud
- Regulators Issue Cybersecurity Bulletins
- Congress Probes Fed Cyber Attacks
- Real-time Payments Present Real-Time Risks
- FBI PSA on BEC Scams
From the editor's desk
Negative Databases Reduce Risk
Negative databases are an extremely valuable tool in the fight against internal and external crime.
Questions & Answers
- CTR on Business Payroll Checks Cashed?
- Copies of SARs Filed
- Estimated Cost of a Data Breach
- USB Key Loggers
- Circulation of Redesigned Currency
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Teri Wesley
- Executive Editor:
- Barbara Hurst
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.