Bankers' Hotline, Volume 32, Number 12
While we can’t predict what the New Year will usher in, industry trends and regulatory changes that are on the horizon give us a glimpse into what we can expect in 2023.
In The News
- New CRA Asset Thresholds for the New Year
- The FDIC Modernizes Their Advertising Rules
- Consumers Want More Fintech Oversight
Gated Security for ATMs
Hiring Armed Security Officers to Prevent Robberies
Crime prevention is the most complex variable to quantify in the deliberation over whether to accept the risks associated with deploying armed security guards in your bank branches.
With the rise in cryptocurrency for illicit use, lawmakers are pushing for more robust regulation of the digital asset industry.
The rapid acceleration of e-commerce and online businesses has led to the return of a once popular card fraud tactic.
Focus on Fraud
- ATM Thieves to Face Stricter Penalties
- Are Banks Breaking Up with Zelle?
- Strike Three for Safer Banking for MRBs
From the editor's desk
The Vigilante Crime Fighters of the 1920s and 1930s
During the Great Depression, bankers were often viewed by the general public as the "bad guys" and bank robbers were regarded as celebrities instead of villains.
Questions & Answers
- Giving Tuesday Goals
- Swiping for Nonprofit Support
- Funding Hurricane Relief
- Supporting Safety in Schools
- Jim Beveridge
- Contributing Editor:
- Teri Wesley
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Kevin Smith, CPP
- Barbara Hurst