Bankers' Hotline, Volume 22, Number 11
Social media has opened up a whole new avenue for consumers to "vent" about their banks, and their friends are not the only ones who are tuning in.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is open for business for consumer complaints about credit reporting.
In The News
- Bank Group Takes Advantage of E-Publishing
- Bureau Releases Five-Year Plan
- FDIC Releases Stats on Unbanked
- Optimistic About Economy, Financing
- Student Debt Has Risen Significantly
- CFPB to Watch Over Credit Bureaus
- Resource for Community Banks
- Romanians Target U.S. POS
- Capital Estimation Tool
- Consumers Happy With Credit Cards
- UK Post Offices Branching Out
Online Shoppers - Stop, Think, Connect
Protecting our Senior Depositors
Their age and often trusting natures make your elderly customers vulnerable targets for con-artists and fraudsters.
It's no trick - technology and consumer preference is leading to the disappearance of traditional bank branches.
A major bank is testing the latest in mobile payment technology.
From the editor's desk
Be Careful With New Regulations
We may have the same President next year that we've had the past four years, but the new year is bright with the promise of new banking regulations.
Questions & Answers
One of the sessions at this year's Security Officer's Workshop was a panel discussion to address questions from the attendees (both in person and via remote streaming). The panelists (Barbara Hurst, Barry Thompson, Mary Lois Stockman, and Kevin Smith) used a jeopardy game format, and those in attendance had a lot of fun. We thought our readers would be interested in some of the discussion points and questions from the session.
- Monitoring Employees With Cameras
- Notifying Law Enforcement About SARs
- Inspecting Branch Opening Procedures
- Audit Department's Role in Internal Investigations
- Effectiveness of Time Delay Locks
- ID Theft Education and Training
- Executive Director:
- Barbara Hurst
- P. Kevin Smith, CPP
- Contributing Editor:
- Genilee S. Parente
- Board of Advisors:
- John S. Burnett
Peter G. Djinis, Esq.
Lucy H. Griffin
Mary Beth Guard, Esq.
Robert G. Rowe, III, Esq.